- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Materials
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 702946, 15 pages
Dielectric Properties of PbNb2O6 up to 700°C from Impedance Spectroscopy
1Physics Department, Egra SSB College, Egra, Purba Medinipur, West Bengal 721429, India
2Kendriya Vihar, C-4/60, V.I.P. Road, Kolkata 700052, India
Received 28 January 2013; Revised 28 March 2013; Accepted 29 March 2013
Academic Editor: Iwan Kityk
Copyright © 2013 Kriti Ranjan Sahu and Udayan De. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- I. Ihara, “Ultrasonic sensing: fundamentals and its applications to nondestructive evaluation,” Lecture Notes Electrical Engineering, vol. 21, pp. 287–305, 2008.
- R. Kazys, A. Voleisis, and B. Voleisiene, “High temperature ultrasonic transducers: review,” Ultragarsas, vol. 63, no. 2, pp. 7–17, 2008.
- G. Goodman, “Ferroelectric properties of lead metaniobate,” Journal of the American Ceramic Society, vol. 36, no. 11, pp. 368–372, 1953.
- A. A. Nesterov, E. V. Karyukov, and K. S. Masurenkov, “Synthesis of phases of composition PbNb2O6 and BaNb2O6 with the use of active precursors,” Russian Journal of Applied Chemistry, vol. 82, no. 3, pp. 370–373, 2009.
- R. S. Rath, “Unit-cell data of the lead niobate PbNb206,” Acta Crystallographica, vol. 10, part 6, pp. 437–437, 1957.
- U. De, “TEM, HT XRD, electrical, optical and thermal characterizations of materials for high temperature piezoelectric applications,” in Proceedings of the IUMRS-ICA, Abstract no. 21_1078, BEXCO, Busan, Korea, 2012, http://www.iumrs-ica2012.org/program.php.
- M. H. Francombe and B. Lewis, “Structural, dielectric and optical properties of ferroelectric leadmetaniobate,” Acta Crystallographica, vol. 11, part 10, pp. 696–6703, 1958.
- E. C. Subbarao and G. Shirane, “Nonstoichiometry and ferroelectric properties of PbNb2O6-type compounds,” The Journal of Chemical Physics, vol. 32, no. 6, pp. 1846–1851, 1960.
- E. C. Subbarao, “X-ray study of phase transitions in ferroelectric PbNb2O6 and related materials,” Journal of the American Ceramic Society, vol. 43, no. 9, pp. 439–442, 1960.
- S. Ray, E. Günter, and H. J. Ritzhaupt-Kleissl, “Manufacturing and characterization of piezoceramic lead metaniobate PbNb2O6,” Journal of Materials Science, vol. 35, no. 24, pp. 6221–6224, 2000.
- K. R. Chakraborty, K. R. Sahu, A. De, and U. De, “Structural characterization of orthorhombic and rhombohedral lead meta-niobate samples,” Integrated Ferroelectrics, vol. 120, no. 1, pp. 102–113, 2010.
- K. R. Sahu and U. De, “Thermal characterization of piezoelectric and non-piezoelectric lead meta-niobate,” Thermochimica Acta, vol. 490, no. 1-2, pp. 75–77, 2009.
- F. Guerrero, Y. Leyet, M. Venet, J. de Los, and J. A. Eiras, “Dielectric behavior of the PbNb2O6 ferroelectric ceramic in the frequency range of 20 Hz to 2 GHz,” Journal of the European Ceramic Society, vol. 27, no. 13–15, pp. 4041–4044, 2007.
- S. K. Barbar and M. Roy, “Synthesis, structural, electrical, and thermal studies of Pb1−xBaxNb2O6 (x = 0.0 and 0.4) ferroelectric ceramics,” ISRN Ceramics, vol. 2012, Article ID 710173, 5 pages, 2012.
- J. W. Griffin, T. J. Peters, G. J. Posakony, H. T. Chien, and L. J. Bond, Under-Sodium Viewing: A Review of Ultrasonic Imaging Technology for Liquid Metal Fast Reactors, PNNL-18292, U.S. Department of Energy, Pacific Northwest National Laboratory, Richland, Wash, USA, 2009.
- I. V. Kityk, M. Makowska-Janusik, M. D. Fontana, M. Aillerie, and A. Fahmi, “Influence of non-stoichiometric defects on optical properties in LiNbO3,” Crystal Research and Technology, vol. 36, no. 6, pp. 577–589, 2001.
- M. Venet, A. Vendramini, F. L. Zabotto, F. D. Garcia, and J. A. Eiras, “Piezoelectric properties of undoped and titanium or barium-doped lead metaniobate ceramics,” Journal of the European Ceramic Society, vol. 25, no. 12, pp. 2443–2446, 2005.
- H. S. Lee and T. Kimura, “Effects of microstructure on the dielectric and piezoelectric properties of lead metaniobate,” Journal of the American Ceramic Society, vol. 81, no. 12, pp. 3228–3236, 1998.
- J. Soejima, K. Sato, and K. Nagata, “Preparation and characteristics of ultrasonic transducers for high temperature using PbNb2O6,” Japanese Journal of Applied Physics 1, vol. 39, no. 5, pp. 3083–3085, 2000.
- Y. M. Li, L. Cheng, X. Y. Gu, Y. P. Zhang, and R. H. Liao, “Piezoelectric and dielectric properties of PbNb2O6-based piezoelectric ceramics with high Curie temperature,” Journal of Materials Processing Technology, vol. 197, no. 1–3, pp. 170–173, 2008.
- P. Q. Mantas, “Dielectric response of materials: extension to the Debye model,” Journal of the European Ceramic Society, vol. 19, no. 12, pp. 2079–2086, 1999.
- S. Zhang, C. A. Randall, and T. R. Shrout, “High Curie temperature piezocrystals in the BiScO3-PbTiO3 perovskite system,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 83, no. 15, pp. 3150–3152, 2003.
- J. R. Macdonald and W. B. Johnson, in Impedance Spectroscopy: Theory, Experiment, and Applications, E. Barsoukov and J. R. Macdonald, Eds., John Wiley & Sons, Hoboken, NJ, USA, 2nd edition, 2005.
- S. Sen and R. N. P. Choudhary, “Impedance studies of Sr modified BaZr0.5Ti0.95O3 ceramics,” Materials Chemistry and Physics, vol. 87, no. 2-3, pp. 256–263, 2004.
- A. Shukla, R. N. P. Choudhary, and A. K. Thakur, “Thermal, structural and complex impedance analysis of Mn4+ modified BaTiO3 electroceramic,” Journal of Physics and Chemistry of Solids, vol. 70, no. 11, pp. 1401–1407, 2009.
- K. Uchino and S. Nomura, “Critical exponents of the dielectric constants in diffused phase transition crystals,” Ferroelectrics Letters Section, vol. 44, no. 11, pp. 55–61, 1982.
- L. E. Cross, “Relaxor ferroelectrics,” Ferrooelectrics, vol. 76, no. 1, pp. 241–267, 1987.
- O. Raymond, R. Font, N. Suárez-Almodovar, J. Portelles, and J. M. Siqueiros, “Frequency-temperature response of ferroelectromagnetic Pb (Fe1/2Nb1/2)O3 ceramics obtained by different precursors—part I: structural and thermo-electrical characterization,” Journal of Applied Physics, vol. 97, no. 8, Article ID 084107, 8 pages, 2005.
- B. Behera, E. B. Arajo, R. N. Reis, and J. D. S. Guerra, “AC conductivity and impedance properties of 0.65Pb(Mg1/3Nb2/3)O3-0.35 PbTiO3 ceramics,” Advances in Condensed Matter Physics, vol. 2009, Article ID 361080, 6 pages, 2009.
- R. N. P. Choudhary, D. K. Pradhan, G. E. Bonilla, and R. S. Katiyar, “Effect of La-substitution on structural and dielectric properties of Bi(Sc1/2Fe1/2)O3 ceramics,” Journal of Alloys and Compounds, vol. 437, no. 1-2, pp. 220–224, 2007.
- K. S. Rao, D. M. Prasad, P. M. Krishna, and J. H. Lee, “Synthesis, electrical and electromechanical properties of tungsten-bronze ceramic oxide: Pb0.68K0.64Nb2O6,” Physica B, vol. 403, pp. 2079–2087, 2008.
- Z. Lu, J. P. Bonnet, J. Ravez, and P. Hagenmuller, “Correlation between low frequency dielectric dispersion (LFDD) and impedance relaxation in ferroelectric ceramic Pb2KNb4TaO15,” Solid State Ionics, vol. 57, no. 3-4, pp. 235–244, 1992.
- P. S. Sahoo, A. Panigrahi, S. K. Patri, and R. N. P. Choudhary, “Impedance spectroscopy of Ba3Sr2DyTi3V7O30 ceramic,” Bulletin of Materials Science, vol. 33, no. 2, pp. 129–134, 2010.
- S. Rachna, S. M. Gupta, and S. Bhattacharyya, “Impedance analysis of Bi3.25La0.75Ti3O12 ferroelectric ceramic,” Pramana, vol. 71, no. 3, pp. 599–610, 2008.
- S. Devi and A. K. Jha, “Dielectric and complex impedance studies of BaTi0.85W0.15O3+δ ferroelectric ceramics,” Bulletin of Materials Science, vol. 33, no. 6, pp. 683–690, 2010.
- R. L. Gonzalez, Y. Leyet, F. Guerrero, et al., “Relaxation dynamics of the conductive process for PbNb2O6 ferroelectric ceramics in the frequency and time domain,” Journal of Physics: Condensed Matter, vol. 19, no. 13, Article ID 136218, 2007.