- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Journal of Marine Biology
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 518516, 12 pages
Not All Larvae Stay Close to Home: Insights into Marine Population Connectivity with a Focus on the Brown Surgeonfish (Acanthurus nigrofuscus)
1Hawaii Institute of Marine Biology, University of Hawaii at Manoa, P.O. Box 1346, Kaneohe, HI 96744, USA
2Marine Science Institute, University of Texas at Austin, Port Aransas, TX 78373, USA
3Department of Marine Sciences, University of Puerto Rico Mayagüez, P.O. Box 9000, Mayagüez, PR 00681, USA
Received 16 June 2010; Revised 18 August 2010; Accepted 19 September 2010
Academic Editor: Kim Selkoe
Copyright © 2011 Jeff A. Eble et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [10 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Ja Eble, Rj Toonen, L Sorenson, Lv Basch, Yp Papastamatiou, and Bw Bowen, “Escaping paradise: larval export from Hawaii in an Indo-Pacific reef fish, the yellow tang Zebrasoma flavescens,” Marine Ecology Progress Series, vol. 428, pp. 245–258, 2011.
- David Obura, “The Diversity and Biogeography of Western Indian Ocean Reef-Building Corals ,” Plos One, vol. 7, no. 9, 2012.
- Iliana B. Baums, Jennifer N. Boulay, Nicholas R. Polato, and Michael E. Hellberg, “ No gene flow across the Eastern Pacific Barrier in the reef-building coral Porites lobata ,” Molecular Ecology, vol. 21, no. 22, pp. 5418–5433, 2012.
- William B. Ludt, Moises A. Bernal, Brian W. Bowen, and Luiz A. Rocha, “Living in the Past: Phylogeography and Population Histories of Indo-Pacific Wrasses (Genus Halichoeres) in Shallow Lagoons versus Outer Reef Slopes,” Plos One, vol. 7, no. 6, 2012.
- Toby S. Daly-Engel, John E. Randall, and Brian W. Bowen, “Is the Great Barracuda (Sphyraena barracuda) a reef fish or a pelagic fish? The phylogeographic perspective,” Marine Biology, vol. 159, no. 5, pp. 975–985, 2012.
- Eric D. Crandall, Eric A. Treml, and Paul H. Barber, “Coalescent and biophysical models of stepping-stone gene flow in neritid snails,” Molecular Ecology, vol. 21, no. 22, pp. 5579–5598, 2012.
- C. R. C. Sheppard, M. Ateweberhan, B. W. Bowen, P. Carr, C. A. Chen, C. Clubbe, M. T. Craig, R. Ebinghaus, J. Eble, N. Fitzsimmons, M. R. Gaither, C-H. Gan, M. Gollock, N. Guzman, N. A. J. Graham, A. Harris, R. Jones, S. Keshavmurthy, H. Koldewey, C. G. Lundin, J. A. Mortimer, D. Obura, M. Pfeiffer, A. R. G. Price, S. Purkis, P. Raines, J. W. Readman, B. Riegl, A. Rogers, M. Schleyer, M. R. D Seaward, A. L. S. Sheppard, J. Tamelander, J. R. Turner, S. Visram, C. Vogler, S. Vogt, H. Wolschke, J. M-C. Yang, S-Y. Yang, and C. Yesson, “Reefs and islands of the Chagos Archipelago, Indian Ocean: why it is the world's largest no-take marine protected area,” Aquatic Conservation: Marine and Freshwater Ecosystems, vol. 22, no. 2, pp. 232–261, 2012.
- Matthew Iacchei, Tal Ben-Horin, Kimberly A. Selkoe, Christopher E. Bird, Francisco J. García-Rodríguez, and Robert J. Toonen, “ Combined analyses of kinship and F ST suggest potential drivers of chaotic genetic patchiness in high gene-flow populations ,” Molecular Ecology, vol. 22, no. 13, pp. 3476–3494, 2013.
- John C. Briggs, and Brian W. Bowen, “Marine shelf habitat: biogeography and evolution,” Journal of Biogeography, vol. 40, no. 6, pp. 1023–1035, 2013.
- Luiz A. Rocha, Stephen A. Karl, and Robert J. Toonen, “The origins of tropical marine biodiversity,” Trends In Ecology & Evolution, vol. 28, no. 6, pp. 359–366, 2013.