- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Marine Biology
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 259571, 9 pages
Cyanobacteria in Coral Reef Ecosystems: A Review
1Mediterranean Institute of Oceanography (MIO), IRD, UR235 Center of Tahiti, BP 529, 98713 Papeete, French Polynesia
2Graduate School of Science and Technology, Shizuoka University, 836 Ohya, Suruga-ku, Shizuoka 422-8529, Japan
Received 15 June 2011; Revised 31 October 2011; Accepted 8 November 2011
Academic Editor: Horst Felbeck
Copyright © 2012 L. Charpy et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [8 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- M.N. Islam, B.E. Casareto, T. Higuchi, M.P. Niraula, and Y. Suzuki, “Contribution of coral rubble associated microbial community to the dissolution of calcium carbonate under high pCO2,” Galaxea, Journal of Coral Reef Studies, vol. 14, no. 1, pp. 119–131, 2012.
- Dmitri Sobolev, Matthew R. Boyett, and Edwin Cruz-Rivera, “Detection of ammonia-oxidizing Bacteria and Archaea within coral reef cyanobacterial mats,” Journal of Oceanography, 2013.
- Niclas Engene, Valerie J. Paul, Tara Byrum, William H. Gerwick, Andrea Thor, and Mark H. Ellisman, “ Five chemically rich species of tropical marine cyanobacteria of the genus Okeania gen. nov. (Oscillatoriales, Cyanoprokaryota) ,” Journal of Phycology, vol. 49, no. 6, pp. 1095–1106, 2013.
- Abdulmumin A. Nuhu, “Spirulina (Arthrospira): An Important Source of Nutritional and Medicinal Compounds,” Journal of Marine Biology, vol. 2013, pp. 1–8, 2013.
- JÃ©rÃ´me P. Payet, Ryan McMinds, Deron E. Burkepile, and Rebecca L. Vega Thurber, “Unprecedented evidence for high viral abundance and lytic activity in coral reef waters of the South Pacific Ocean,” Frontiers in Microbiology, vol. 5, 2014.
- Joost den Haan, Petra M. Visser, Anjani E. Ganase, Elfi E. Gooren, Lucas J. Stal, Fleur C. van Duyl, Mark J. A. Vermeij, and Jef Huisman, “Nitrogen fixation rates in algal turf communities of a degraded versus less degraded coral reef,” Coral Reefs, 2014.
- Samuel D. Chamberlain, Katherine A. Kaplan, Maria Modanu, Katherine M. Sirianni, Senifa Annandale, and Ian Hewson, “Biogeography of planktonic and benthic cyanobacteria in coastal waters of the Big Island, Hawai'i,” FEMS Microbiology Ecology, 2014.
- Ulisse Cardini, Vanessa N. Bednarz, Rachel A. Foster, and Christian Wild, “ Benthic N 2 fixation in coral reefs and the potential effects of human-induced environmental change ,” Ecology and Evolution, 2014.