- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Marine Biology
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 259571, 9 pages
Cyanobacteria in Coral Reef Ecosystems: A Review
1Mediterranean Institute of Oceanography (MIO), IRD, UR235 Center of Tahiti, BP 529, 98713 Papeete, French Polynesia
2Graduate School of Science and Technology, Shizuoka University, 836 Ohya, Suruga-ku, Shizuoka 422-8529, Japan
Received 15 June 2011; Revised 31 October 2011; Accepted 8 November 2011
Academic Editor: Horst Felbeck
Copyright © 2012 L. Charpy et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [15 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- M.N. Islam, B.E. Casareto, T. Higuchi, M.P. Niraula, and Y. Suzuki, “Contribution of coral rubble associated microbial community to the dissolution of calcium carbonate under high pCO2,” Galaxea, Journal of Coral Reef Studies, vol. 14, no. 1, pp. 119–131, 2012.
- Dmitri Sobolev, Matthew R. Boyett, and Edwin Cruz-Rivera, “Detection of ammonia-oxidizing Bacteria and Archaea within coral reef cyanobacterial mats,” Journal of Oceanography, 2013.
- Niclas Engene, Valerie J. Paul, Tara Byrum, William H. Gerwick, Andrea Thor, and Mark H. Ellisman, “ Five chemically rich species of tropical marine cyanobacteria of the genus Okeania gen. nov. (Oscillatoriales, Cyanoprokaryota) ,” Journal of Phycology, vol. 49, no. 6, pp. 1095–1106, 2013.
- Abdulmumin A. Nuhu, “Spirulina (Arthrospira): An Important Source of Nutritional and Medicinal Compounds,” Journal of Marine Biology, vol. 2013, pp. 1–8, 2013.
- JÃ©rÃ´me P. Payet, Ryan McMinds, Deron E. Burkepile, and Rebecca L. Vega Thurber, “Unprecedented evidence for high viral abundance and lytic activity in coral reef waters of the South Pacific Ocean,” Frontiers in Microbiology, vol. 5, 2014.
- Joost den Haan, Petra M. Visser, Anjani E. Ganase, Elfi E. Gooren, Lucas J. Stal, Fleur C. van Duyl, Mark J. A. Vermeij, and Jef Huisman, “Nitrogen fixation rates in algal turf communities of a degraded versus less degraded coral reef,” Coral Reefs, 2014.
- Samuel D. Chamberlain, Katherine A. Kaplan, Maria Modanu, Katherine M. Sirianni, Senifa Annandale, and Ian Hewson, “Biogeography of planktonic and benthic cyanobacteria in coastal waters of the Big Island, Hawai'i,” FEMS Microbiology Ecology, 2014.
- Ulisse Cardini, Vanessa N. Bednarz, Rachel A. Foster, and Christian Wild, “ Benthic N 2 fixation in coral reefs and the potential effects of human-induced environmental change ,” Ecology and Evolution, 2014.
- L Rix, Vn Bednarz, U Cardini, N van Hoytema, Fa Al-Horani, C Wild, and Ms Naumann, “Seasonality in dinitrogen fixation and primary productivity by coral reef framework substrates from the northern Red Sea,” Marine Ecology Progress Series, vol. 533, pp. 79–92, 2015.
- Y. Kiryu, J.H. Landsberg, E.C. Peters, E. Tichenor, C. Burleson, and N. Perry, “Pathological effects of cyanobacteria on sea fans in southeast Florida,” Journal of Invertebrate Pathology, 2015.
- Katarzyna A. Palińska, Raeid M. M. Abed, Loïc Charpy, Marie-Jo Langlade, Yenny Beltrán-Magos, and Stjepko Golubic, “ Morphological, genetic and physiological characterization of Hydrocoleum , the most common benthic cyanobacterium in tropical oceans ,” European Journal of Phycology, pp. 1–16, 2015.
- Hf Santos, Fl Carmo, N Martirez, Gas Duarte, En Calderon, Cb Castro, Do Pires, As Rosado, and Rs Peixoto, “Cyanobacterial and microeukaryotic profiles of healthy, diseased, and dead Millepora alcicornis from the South Atlantic,” Diseases of Aquatic Organisms, vol. 119, no. 2, pp. 163–172, 2016.
- Tracey McDole Somera, Barbara Bailey, Katie Barott, Juris Grasis, Mark Hatay, Brett J. Hilton, Nao Hisakawa, Bahador Nosrat, James Nulton, Cynthia B. Silveira, Chris Sullivan, Russell E. Brainard, and Forest Rohwer, “Energetic differences between bacterioplankton trophic groups and coral reef resistance,” Proceedings of the Royal Society B: Biological Sciences, vol. 283, no. 1829, pp. 20160467, 2016.
- Mayalen Zubia, Jean Turquet, and Stjepko Golubic, “Benthic cyanobacterial diversity of Iles Eparses (Scattered Islands) in the Mozambique Channel,” Acta Oecologica-International Journal Of Ecology, vol. 72, pp. 21–32, 2016.
- Nanne van Hoytema, Vanessa N. Bednarz, Ulisse Cardini, Malik S. Naumann, Fuad A. Al-Horani, and Christian Wild, “The influence of seasonality on benthic primary production in a Red Sea coral reef,” Marine Biology, vol. 163, no. 3, 2016.