- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Nanomaterials
Volume 2007 (2007), Article ID 48247, 10 pages
Luminescence, Energy Transfer, and Upconversion Mechanisms of Y2O3 Nanomaterials Doped with Eu3+, Tb3+, Tm3+, Er3+, and Yb3+ Ions
1Institute of Materials Science, Vietnamese Academy of Science and Technology, 18 Hoang Quoc Viet Road, Cau Giay, Hanoi, Vietnam
2Institute des Nanosciences de Paris (INSP), UMR-CNRS 7588, Universites Pierre et Marie Curie et Denis Diderot, 140 Rue de Lourmel, Paris 75015, France
3College of Technology, Vietnam National University, 144 Xuan Thuy Street, Cau Giay District, Hanoi, Vietnam
Received 21 May 2007; Revised 16 December 2007; Accepted 31 December 2007
Academic Editor: Wieslaw Strek
Copyright © 2007 TranKim Anh et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- C. Feldmann, T. Jüstel, C. R. Ronda, and P. J. Schmidt, “Inorganic luminescent materials: 100 years of research and application,” Advanced Functional Materials, vol. 13, no. 7, pp. 511–516, 2003.
- A. S. Edelstein and R. C. Cammarata, Eds., Nanomaterials: Synthesis, Properties and Applications, Taylor & Francis, London, UK, 1998.
- B. R. Ratna, A. D. Dinsmore, et al., “Nanophosphors: synthesis, properties and application,” in Proceedings of the 5th International Conference on the Science and Technology of Display Phosphors (ICSTDP '99), p. 295, San Diego, Calif, USA, November 1999.
- T. K. Anh, T. Ngoc, P. T. Nga, V. T. Bich, P. Long, and W. Strek, “Energy transfer between and in crystals,” Journal of Luminescence, vol. 39, no. 4, pp. 215–221, 1988.
- S. Shionoya and W. M. Yen, Phosphor Handbook, CRC Press, Boca Raton, Fla, USA, 1999.
- G. Blasse and B. C. Grabmaier, Luminescent Materials, Springer, Berlin, Germany, 1994.
- H. Eilers and B. M. Tissue, “Laser Spectroscopy of Nanocrystals and ,” Chemical Physics Letters, vol. 251, no. 1-2, pp. 74–78, 1996.
- M. Kottaisamy, D. Jeyakumar, R. Jagannathan, and M. M. Rao, “Yttrium oxide: red phosphor by self-propagating high temperature synthesis,” Materials Research Bulletin, vol. 31, no. 8, pp. 1013–1020, 1996.
- B. Bihari, H. Eilers, and B. M. Tissue, “Spectra and dynamics of monoclinic and nanocrystals,” Journal of Luminescence, vol. 75, no. 1, pp. 1–10, 1997.
- T. Ye, Z. Guiwen, Z. Weiping, and X. Shangda, “Combustion synthesis and photoluminescence of nanocrystalline phosphors,” Materials Research Bulletin, vol. 32, no. 5, pp. 501–506, 1997.
- E. T. Goldburt, B. Kulkarni, R. N. Bhargava, J. Taylor, and M. Libera, “Size dependent efficiency in Tb doped nanocrystalline phosphor,” Journal of Luminescence, vol. 72–74, pp. 190–192, 1997.
- Q. Li, L. Gao, and D. Yan, “Effects of grain size on wavelength of emission spectra,” Nanostructured Materials, vol. 8, no. 7, pp. 825–831, 1997.
- J. A. Cooper, H. G. Paris, S. R. Stock, C. J. Summers, and D. N. Hill, “Investigation of the effect of process variables on properties of europium-doped yttrium-oxide phosphor,” Journal of the Society for Information Display, vol. 6, no. 3, pp. 163–166, 1998.
- D. K. Williams, B. Bihari, B. M. Tissue, and J. M. McHale, “Preparation and fluorescence spectroscopy of bulk monoclinic and comparison to nanocrystals,” Journal of Physical Chemistry B, vol. 102, no. 6, pp. 916–920, 1998.
- A. Konrad, T. Fries, A. Gahn, et al., “Chemical vapor synthesis and luminescence properties of nanocrystalline cubic ,” Journal of Applied Physics, vol. 86, no. 6, pp. 3129–3133, 1999.
- T. K. Anh, N. Vu, P. T. M. Chau, L. Q. Minh, N. T. Oanh, and C. Barthou, “Preparation and optical properties of nanophosphors,” in Proceedings of the 3rd International Workshop on the Materials Science, F. F. Bekker, N. D. Chien, J. J. M. Franse, T. D. Hien, N. T. Hien, and N. P. Thuy, Eds., Trends in Materials and Technology, pp. 320–323, Hanoi, Vietnam, November 1999.
- J. A. Capobianco, F. Vetron, T. D'Alesio, G. Tessari, A. Speghini, and M. Bettinelli, “Optical spectroscopy of nanocrystalline cubic obtained via combustion synthesis,” Physical Chemistry Chemical Physics, vol. 2, pp. 3203–3207, 2000.
- J. Zhang, Z. Zhang, Z. Tang, Y. Lin, and Z. Zheng, “Luminescent properties of synthesized by sol-gel processing,” Journal of Materials Processing Technology, vol. 121, no. 2-3, pp. 265–268, 2002.
- G. Y. Hong, B. S. Jeon, Y. K. Yoo, and J. S. Yoo, “Photoluminescence characteristics of spherical phosphors by aerosol pyrolysis,” Journal of the Electrochemical Society, vol. 148, no. 11, pp. H161–H166, 2001.
- T. Igarashi, M. Ihara, T. Kusunoki, K. Ohno, T. Isobe, and M. Senna, “Relationship between optical properties and crystallinity of nanometer phosphor,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 76, no. 12, pp. 1549–1551, 2000.
- C. Feldmann, “Polyol-mediated synthesis of nanoscale functional materials,” Advanced Functional Materials, vol. 13, no. 2, pp. 101–107, 2003.
- R. Bazzi, M. A. Flores-Gonzalez, C. Louis, et al., “Synthesis and luminescent properties of sub-5-nm lanthanide oxides nanoparticles,” Journal of Luminescence, vol. 102-103, pp. 445–450, 2003.
- G. Wakefield, E. Holland, P. J. Dobson, and J. L. Hutchison, “Luminescence properties of nanocrystalline ,” Advanced Materials, vol. 13, no. 20, pp. 1557–1560, 2001.
- T. K. Anh, The role of active centre concentration in the phenomena of energy transfer in lanthanide compounds, Doctoral thesis.
- D. R. Tallant, C. H. Seager, and R. L. Simpson, “Energy transfer and relaxation in europium-activated after excitation by ultraviolet photons,” Journal of Applied Physics, vol. 91, no. 7, pp. 4053–4064, 2002.
- N. Vu, T. K. Anh, L. Q. Minh, and C. Barthou, “Optical properties of doped nanophosphors,” Communication in Physics, vol. 12, pp. 119–123, 2002.
- T.-L. Phan, M. H. Phan, N. Vu, T. K. Anh, and S.-C. Yu, “Luminescent properties of Eu-doped nanophosphors,” Physica Status Solidi (a), vol. 201, no. 9, pp. 2170–2174, 2004.
- T. K. Anh, L. Q. Minh, N. Vu, et al., “Nanomaterials containing rare-earth ions Tb, Eu, Er and Yb: preparation, optical properties and application potential,” Journal of Luminescence, vol. 102-103, pp. 391–394, 2003.
- N. Vu, T. K. Anh, C. Barthou, and L. Q. Minh, “Preparation, optical properties and up conversion effect of the nanophosphors doped with Er and Yb rare earth ions,” in Proceedings of the 9th Asia Pacific Physics Conference (APPC '04), pp. 579–580, Hanoi, Vietnam, October 2004.
- N. Vu, Preparation, optical properties of nanophosphors , Tb, Er and Yb, Ph.D. thesis, Institute of Materials Science, Hanoi, Vietnam, 2007.
- N. Nguyen, M. H. Nam, T. K. Anh, L. Q. Minh, and E. Tanguy, “Optical properties of doped nanophosphors,” Advances in Natural Sciences, vol. 6, pp. 119–123, 2006.
- T. K. Anh, L. T. K. Giang, N. Vu, et al., “Luminescence and energy transfer of nanocolloidal containing rare earth ions,” Journal on Science and Technology for Development, vol. 24, pp. 85–93, 2007.
- N. Vu, T. K. Anh, G.-C. Yi, and W. Strek, “Photoluminescence and cathodoluminescence properties of nanophosphors prepared by combustion synthesis,” Journal of Luminescence, vol. 122-123, pp. 776–779, 2007.
- J. A. Capobianco, F. Vetrone, J. C. Boyer, A. Speghini, and M. Bettinelli, “Enhancement of red emission via upconversion in bulk and nanocrystalline cubic ,” Journal of Physical Chemistry B, vol. 106, no. 6, pp. 1181–1187, 2002.
- D. Matsuura, “Red, green, and blue upconversion luminescence of trivalent-rare-earth ion-doped nanocrystals,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 81, no. 24, pp. 4526–4528, 2002.
- A. M. Pires, O. A. Serra, and M. R. Davolos, “Morphological and luminescent studies on nanosized Er, Yb-yttrium oxide up-converter prepared from different precursors,” Journal of Luminescence, vol. 113, no. 3-4, pp. 174–182, 2005.
- F. Vetrone, J. C. Boyer, J. A. Capobianco, A. Speghini, and M. Bettinelli, “Effect of codoping on the up conversion emission in nanocrystalline ,” Journal of Physical Chemistry B, vol. 107, no. 5, pp. 1107–1112, 2003.
- G. De, W. Qi, J. Zhang, et al., “Upconversion luminescence properties of , nanostructures,” Journal of Luminescence, vol. 119-120, pp. 258–263, 2006.
- C. Strohhöfer and A. Polman, “Absorption and emission spectroscopy in - doped aluminum oxide waveguides,” Optical Materials, vol. 21, no. 4, pp. 705–712, 2003.
- SIEMENS, “Profile User's Guide,” 1994, Diffrac-AT, Version 3.2.
- 1998, SIEMENS Win-Crysize.
- T. Inami, M. Kobiyama, S. Okuda, H. Maeta, and H. Ohtsuka, “Grain size measurement of nanocrystalline gold by X-ray diffraction method,” Nanostructured Materials, vol. 12, no. 5–8, pp. 657–660, 1999.
- L. T. C. Tuong and P. V. Phuc, “Determination of nanocrystal-sizes and their distribution by X-ray diffraction method for nanophosphors,” in Proceedings of the International Workshop on Optics and Spectroscopy, pp. 501–504, Hanoi, Vietnam, March-April 2000.
- T. K. Anh and W. Strek, “Dynamics of energy transfer in crystals,” Journal of Luminescence, vol. 42, no. 4, pp. 205–210, 1988.
- H. Song and J. Wang, “Dependence of photoluminescent properties of cubic nanocrystals on particle size and temperature,” Journal of Luminescence, vol. 118, no. 2, pp. 220–226, 2006.
- Z. Wei-Wei, X. Mei, Z. Wei-Ping, et al., “Site-selective spectra and time-resolved spectra of nanocrystalline ,” Chemical Physics Letters, vol. 376, no. 3-4, pp. 318–323, 2003.
- D. Kumar, J. Sankar, K. G. Cho, V. Craciun, and R. K. Singh, “Enhancement of cathodoluminescent and photoluminescent properties of luminescent films by vacuum cooling,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 77, no. 16, pp. 2518–2520, 2000.
- O. Pons-Y-Moll, J. Perriere, E. Millon, et al., “Structural and optical properties of rare-earth-doped waveguides grown by pulsed-laser deposition,” Journal of Applied Physics, vol. 92, no. 9, pp. 4885–4890, 2002.
- L. Laversenne, C. Goutaudier, Y. Guyot, M. Th. Cohen-Adad, and G. Boulon, “Growth of rare earth (RE) doped concentration gradient crystal fibers and analysis of dynamical processes of laser resonant transitions in RE-doped (RE=, , ),” Journal of Alloys and Compounds, vol. 341, no. 1-2, pp. 214–219, 2002.
- M. Abdullah, C. Panatarani, T.-O Kim, and K. Okuyama, “Nanostructured for use as in luminescent polymer electrolyte composites,” Journal of Alloys and Compounds, vol. 377, no. 1-2, pp. 298–305, 2004.
- N. Joffin, J. Dexpert-Ghys, M. Verelst, G. Baret, and A. Garcia, “The influence of microstructure on luminescent properties of prepared by spray pyrolysis,” Journal of Luminescence, vol. 113, no. 3-4, pp. 249–257, 2005.
- S.-S. Yi, J. S. Bae, B. K. Moon, J. H. Jeong, J.-C. Park, and I. W. Kim, “Enhanced luminescence of pulsed-laser-deposited thin-film phosphors by Li doping,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 81, no. 18, pp. 3344–3346, 2002.
- P. N. Prasad, Nanophotonic, Wiley-Interscience, New York, NY, USA, 2004.
- T. K. Anh, N. Vu, T. T. Huong, and L. Q. Minh, “Nanomaterials containing rare earth ions for infrared card and planar waveguide applications,” in The 2nd International Workshop on Nanophysics and Nanotechnology (IWONN '04), pp. 161–164, Hanoi, Vietnam, October 2004.
- T. K. Anh, L. T. K. Giang, L. D. Tuyen, et al., “Oxide nanoparticles and colloidal, preparation, optical properties and application potential,” in Proceedings of the 1st International Workshop on Functional Materials and the 3rd International Workshop on Nanophysics and Nanotechnology, pp. 424–427, Halong, Vietnam, December 2006.
- T. T. Huong, T. K. Anh, M. H. Nam, C. Barthou, W. Strek, and L. Q. Minh, “Preparation and infrared emission of silica-zirconia-alumina doped with erbium for planar waveguide,” Journal of Luminescence, vol. 122-123, pp. 911–913, 2007.