- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Nanomaterials
Volume 2010 (2010), Article ID 753253, 4 pages
Self-Assembled TiO2 Nanotube Arrays with U-Shaped Profile by Controlling Anodization Temperature
Department of Physics, The State Key Laboratory on Fiber Optic Local Area Communication Networks and Advanced Optical Communication Systems, Shanghai Jiao Tong University, 800 Dongchuan Road Shanghai 200240, China
Received 26 April 2010; Revised 28 June 2010; Accepted 29 July 2010
Academic Editor: Zhi-Li Xiao
Copyright © 2010 Jingfei Chen et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- K. Zhu, N. R. Neale, A. Miedaner, and A. J. Frank, “Enhanced charge-collection efficiencies and light scattering in dye-sensitized solar cells using oriented TiO2 nanotubes arrays,” Nano Letters, vol. 7, no. 1, pp. 69–74, 2007.
- T. Stergiopoulos, A. Ghicov, V. Likodimos et al., “Dye-sensitized solar cells based on thick highly ordered TiO2 nanotubes produced by controlled anodic oxidation in non-aqueous electrolytic media,” Nanotechnology, vol. 19, no. 23, Article ID 235602, 2008.
- J. R. Jennings, A. Ghicov, L. M. Peter, P. Schmuki, and A. B. Walker, “Dye-sensitized solar cells based on oriented TiO2 nanotube arrays: transport, trapping, and transfer of electrons,” Journal of the American Chemical Society, vol. 130, no. 40, pp. 13364–13372, 2008.
- D. Kuang, J. Brillet, P. Chen et al., “Application of highly ordered TiO2 nanotube arrays in flexible dye-sensitized solar cells,” ACS Nano, vol. 2, no. 6, pp. 1113–1116, 2008.
- C.-C. Chen, H.-W. Chung, C.-H. Chen et al., “Fabrication and characterization of anodic titanium oxide nanotube arrays of controlled length for highly efficient dye-sensitized solar cells,” Journal of Physical Chemistry C, vol. 112, no. 48, pp. 19151–19157, 2008.
- A. Ghicov, H. Tsuchiya, R. Hahn, J. M. MacAk, A. G. Muñoz, and P. Schmuki, “TiO2 nanotubes: H+insertion and strong electrochromic effects,” Electrochemistry Communications, vol. 8, no. 4, pp. 528–532, 2006.
- R. Hahn, A. Ghicov, H. Tsuchiya, J. M. Macak, A. G. Muñoz, and P. Schmuki, “Lithium-ion insertion in anodic TiO2 nanotubes resulting in high electrochromic contrast,” Physica Status Solidi (A), vol. 204, no. 5, pp. 1281–1285, 2007.
- R. Wang, K. Hashimoto, A. Fujishima et al., “Light-induced amphiphilic surfaces,” Nature, vol. 388, no. 6641, pp. 431–432, 1997.
- E. Balaur, J. M. MacAk, L. Taveira, and P. Schmuki, “Tailoring the wettability of TiO2 nanotube layers,” Electrochemistry Communications, vol. 7, no. 10, pp. 1066–1070, 2005.
- M. Paulose, O. K. Varghese, G. K. Mor, C. A. Grimes, and K. G. Ong, “Unprecedented ultra-high hydrogen gas sensitivity in undoped titania nanotubes,” Nanotechnology, vol. 17, no. 2, pp. 398–402, 2006.
- J. M. Macak, M. Zlamal, J. Krysa, and P. Schmuki, “Self-organized TiO2 nanotube layers as highly efficient photocatalysts,” Small, vol. 3, no. 2, pp. 300–304, 2007.
- A. Ghicov and P. Schmuki, “Self-ordering electrochemistry: a review on growth and functionality of TiO2 nanotubes and other self-aligned MOx structures,” Chemical Communications, no. 20, pp. 2791–2808, 2009.
- S. Bauer, S. Kleber, and P. Schmuki, “TiO2 nanotubes: tailoring the geometry in H3PO4/HF electrolytes,” Electrochemistry Communications, vol. 8, no. 8, pp. 1321–1325, 2006.
- S. Yoriya and C. A. Grimes, “Self-Assembled TiO2 nanotube arrays by anodization of titanium in diethylene glycol: approach to extended pore widening,” Langmuir, vol. 26, no. 1, pp. 417–420, 2010.
- H. Yang and C. Pan, “Diameter-controlled growth of TiO2 nanotube arrays by anodization and its photoelectric property,” Journal of Alloys and Compounds, vol. 492, no. 1-2, pp. L33–L35, 2010.
- H. Yin, H. Liu, and W. Z. Shen, “The large diameter and fast growth of self-organized TiO2 nanotube arrays achieved via electrochemical anodization,” Nanotechnology, vol. 21, no. 3, 2010.
- J. M. Macak and P. Schmuki, “Anodic growth of self-organized anodic TiO2 nanotubes in viscous electrolytes,” Electrochimica Acta, vol. 52, no. 3, pp. 1258–1264, 2006.
- R. Srivastava and K. N. Khanna, “Stokes-Einstein relation in two-and three-dimensional fluids,” Journal of Chemical and Engineering Data, vol. 54, no. 5, pp. 1452–1456, 2009.
- J. M. Macak, H. Tsuchiya, L. Taveira, S. Aldabergerova, and P. Schmuki, “Smooth anodic TiO2 nanotubes,” Angewandte Chemie, vol. 44, no. 45, pp. 7463–7465, 2005.