- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Nanomaterials
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 390621, 6 pages
Comparison of Two Novel Solution-Based Routes for the Synthesis of Equiaxed ZnO Nanoparticles
1Inorganic and Physical Chemistry, Institute for Materials Research, Hasselt University, Agoralaan Building D, 3590 Diepenbeek, Belgium
2Division Group IMOMEC, IMEC vzw, Agoralaan Building D, 3590 Diepenbeek, Belgium
3VerpakkingsCentrum, XIOS Hogeschool Limburg, Agoralaan Building H, 3590 Diepenbeek, Belgium
Received 23 December 2010; Accepted 2 May 2011
Academic Editor: Rakesh Joshi
Copyright © 2011 K. Elen et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- Z. L. Wang, “Zinc oxide nanostructures: growth, properties and applications,” Journal of Physics Condensed Matter, vol. 16, no. 25, pp. R829–R858, 2004.
- Z. Fan and J. G. Lu, “Zinc oxide nanostructures: synthesis and properties,” Journal of Nanoscience and Nanotechnology, vol. 5, no. 10, pp. 1561–1573, 2005.
- Z. L. Wang, “Nanostructures of zinc oxide,” Materials Today, vol. 7, no. 6, pp. 26–33, 2004.
- M. Grätzel, “Dye-sensitized solar cells,” Journal of Photochemistry and Photobiology C, vol. 4, no. 2, pp. 145–153, 2003.
- W. J. E. Beek, M. M. Wienk, and R. A. J. Janssen, “Efficient hybrid solar cells from zinc oxide nanoparticles and a conjugated polymer,” Advanced Materials, vol. 16, no. 12, pp. 1009–1013, 2004.
- H. Ohta and H. Hosono, “Transparent oxide optoelectronics,” Materials Today, vol. 7, no. 6, pp. 42–51, 2004.
- V. K. Ivanov, A. S. Shaporev, F. Y. Sharikov, and A. Y. Baranchikov, “Hydrothermal and microwave-assisted synthesis of nanocrystalline ZnO photocatalysts,” Superlattices and Microstructures, vol. 42, no. 1–6, pp. 421–424, 2007.
- M. Kursawe, R. Anselmann, V. Hilarius, and G. Pfaff, “Nano-particles by wet chemical processing in commercial applications,” Journal of Sol-Gel Science and Technology, vol. 33, no. 1, pp. 71–74, 2005.
- H. Van den Rul, M. K. Van Bael, A. Hardy, K. Van Werde, and J. Mullens, “Aqueous solution-based synthesis of nanostructured metal oxides,” in Handbook of Nanoceramics and Their Based Nanodevices, H. S. Nalwa and T. Y. Tseng, Eds., American Scientific Publishers, Valencia, Calif, USA, 2009.
- H. Van Den Rul, D. Mondelaers, M. K. Van Bael, and J. Mullens, “Water-based wet chemical synthesis of (doped) ZnO nanostructures,” Journal of Sol-Gel Science and Technology, vol. 39, no. 1, pp. 41–47, 2006.
- S. Hingorani, V. Pillai, P. Kumar, M. S. Multani, and D. O. Shah, “Microemulsion mediated synthesis of zinc-oxide nanoparticles for varistor studies,” Materials Research Bulletin, vol. 28, no. 12, pp. 1303–1310, 1993.
- V. Degiorgio and M. Corti, Eds., Physics of Amphiphiles: Micelles, Vesicles and Microemulsions, Società Italiana di Fisica, Bologna, Italy, 1985.
- M. P. Pileni, “The role of soft colloidal templates in controlling the size and shape of inorganic nanocrystals,” Nature Materials, vol. 2, no. 3, pp. 145–150, 2003.
- M. Lal, V. Chhabra, P. Ayyub, and A. Maitra, “Preparation and characterization of ultrafine TiO2 particles in reverse micelles by hydrolysis of titanium di-ethylhexyl sulfosuccinate,” Journal of Materials Research, vol. 13, no. 5, pp. 1249–1254, 1998.
- V. Chhabra, M. Lal, A. N. Maitra, and P. Ayyub, “Nanophase BaFe12O19 synthesized from a nonaqueous microemulsion with Ba- and Fe-containing surfactants,” Journal of Materials Research, vol. 10, no. 11, pp. 2689–2692, 1995.
- W. J. Li, E. W. Shi, W. Z. Zhong, and Z. W. Yin, “Growth mechanism and growth habit of oxide crystals,” Journal of Crystal Growth, vol. 203, no. 1, pp. 186–196, 1999.
- K. Elen, M. K. Van Bael, H. Van Den Rul, J. D'Haen, and J. Mullens, “Additive-free hydrothermal synthesis of high aspect ratio ZnO particles from aqueous solution,” Chemistry Letters, vol. 35, no. 12, pp. 1420–1421, 2006.
- K. Elen, H. Van Den Rul, A. Hardy et al., “Hydrothermal synthesis of ZnO nanorods: a statistical determination of the significant parameters in view of reducingthe diameter,” Nanotechnology, vol. 20, no. 5, Article ID 055608, 2009.
- Z. Li, Y. Xiong, and Y. Xie, “Selected-control synthesis of ZnO nanowires and nanorods via a PEG-assisted route,” Inorganic Chemistry, vol. 42, no. 24, pp. 8105–8109, 2003.
- Y. Zhang and J. Mu, “Controllable synthesis of flower- and rod-like ZnO nanostructures by simply tuning the ratio of sodium hydroxide to zinc acetate,” Nanotechnology, vol. 18, no. 7, Article ID 075606, 2007.
- J. Eastoe, G. Fragneto, B. H. Robinson, T. F. Towey, R. K. Heenan, and F. J. Leng, “Variation of surfactant counterion and its effect on the structure and properties of Aerosol-OT-based water-in-oil microemulsions,” Journal of the Chemical Society, Faraday Transactions, vol. 88, no. 3, pp. 461–471, 1992.
- M. Singhal, V. Chhabra, P. Kang, and D. O. Shah, “Synthesis of ZnO nanoparticles for varistor application using Zn-substituted aerosol OT microemulsion,” Materials Research Bulletin, vol. 32, no. 2, pp. 239–247, 1997.
- K. Nakamoto, Infrared Spectra of Inorganic and Coordination Compounds, Wiley-Interscience, New York, NY, USA, 1970.
- T. Ahmad, S. Vaidya, N. Sarkar, S. Ghosh, and A. K. Ganguli, “Zinc oxalate nanorods: a convenient precursor to uniform nanoparticles of ZnO,” Nanotechnology, vol. 17, no. 5, pp. 1236–1240, 2006.
- S. Liufu, H. Xiao, and Y. Li, “Investigation of PEG adsorption on the surface of zinc oxide nanoparticles,” Powder Technology, vol. 145, no. 1, pp. 20–24, 2004.
- L. Guo, S. Yang, C. Yang et al., “Synthesis and characterization of poly(vinylpyrrolidone)-modified zinc oxide nanoparticles,” Chemistry of Materials, vol. 12, no. 8, pp. 2268–2274, 2000.
- J. Zhang, L. Sun, J. Yin, H. Su, C. Liao, and C. Yan, “Control of ZnO morphology via a simple solution route,” Chemistry of Materials, vol. 14, no. 10, pp. 4172–4177, 2002.