- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Journal of Nanomaterials
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 408675, 10 pages
Emerging Technologies of Polymeric Nanoparticles in Cancer Drug Delivery
Department of Chemical and Biological Engineering, Drexel University, 3141 Chestnut Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Received 2 June 2010; Accepted 2 August 2010
Academic Editor: Lu Sun
Copyright © 2011 Erik Brewer et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [18 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Nadine E. Brückmann, Michaela Wahl, Guido J. Reiß, Marbod Kohns, Wim Wätjen, and Peter C. Kunz, “Polymer Conjugates of Photoinducible CO-Releasing Molecules,” European Journal of Inorganic Chemistry, vol. 2011, no. 29, pp. 4571–4577, 2011.
- Dicker, Mleczko, Hensel, Bartolomeo, Schmitz, and Wrenn, “Coencapsulation of lipid microbubbles within polymer microcapsules for contrast applications,” Bubble Science, Engineering and Technology, vol. 3, no. 1, pp. 12–19, 2011.
- Iryna N. Stepanenko, Angela Casini, Fabio Edafe, Maria S. Novak, Vladimir B. Arion, Paul J. Dyson, Michael A. Jakupec, and Bernhard K. Keppler, “Conjugation of Organoruthenium(II) 3-(1H-Benzimidazol-2-yl)pyrazolo[3,4-b]p yridines and Indolo[3,2-d]benzazepines to Recombinant Human Serum Albumin: a Strategy To Enhance Cytotoxicity in Cancer Cells,” Inorganic Chemistry, vol. 50, no. 24, pp. 12669–12679, 2011.
- Prajakta Dandekar, Ratnesh Jain, Thomas Stauner, Brigitta Loretz, Marcus Koch, Gerhard Wenz, and Claus-Michael Lehr, “A Hydrophobic Starch Polymer for Nanoparticle-Mediated Delivery of Docetaxel,” Macromolecular Bioscience, vol. 12, no. 2, pp. 184–194, 2011.
- Athulya Aravind, Srivani Veeranarayanan, Aby Cheruvathoor Poulose, Remya Nair, Yutaka Nagaoka, Yasuhiko Yoshida, Toru Maekawa, and D. Sakthi Kumar, “Aptamer-Functionalized Silica Nanoparticles for Targeted Cancer Therapy,” BioNanoScience, vol. 2, no. 1, pp. 1–8, 2011.
- Athulya Aravind, Yasuhiko Yoshida, Toru Maekawa, and D. Sakthi Kumar, “Aptamer-conjugated polymeric nanoparticles for targeted cancer therapy,” Drug Delivery and Translational Research, vol. 2, no. 6, pp. 418–436, 2012.
- Victor Pinon, and Marcus Weck, “Patterned Polymeric Multilayered Assemblies through Hydrogen Bonding and Me tal Coordination,” Langmuir, vol. 28, no. 6, pp. 3279–3284, 2012.
- Pengxiao Cao, and Younsoo Bae, “Polymer nanoparticulate drug delivery and combination cancer therapy,” Future Oncology, vol. 8, no. 11, pp. 1471–1480, 2012.
- Georgia A. Pilkington, and Wuge H. Briscoe, “Nanofluids mediating surface forces,” Advances In Colloid And Interface Science, vol. 179, pp. 68–84, 2012.
- Hui Ding, Xiaojun Wang, Song Zhang, and Xinli Liu, “Applications of polymeric micelles with tumor targeted in chemotherapy,” Journal of Nanoparticle Research, vol. 14, no. 11, 2012.
- Nasimudeen R. Jabir, Shams Tabrez, Ghulam Md Ashraf, Shazi Shakil, Ghazi A. Damanhouri, and Mohammad A. Kamal, “Nanotechnology-based approaches in anticancer research,” International Journal of Nanomedicine, vol. 7, pp. 4391–4408, 2012.
- Amirali Popat, Jian Liu, Gao Qing (Max) Lu, and Shi Zhang Qiao, “A pH-responsive drug delivery system based on chitosan coated mesoporous silica nanoparticles,” Journal of Materials Chemistry, vol. 22, no. 22, pp. 11173, 2012.
- Ernesto R. Soto, Abaigeal C. Caras, Lindsey C. Kut, Melissa K. Castle, and Gary R. Ostroff, “Glucan Particles for Macrophage Targeted Delivery of Nanoparticles,” Journal of Drug Delivery, vol. 2012, pp. 1–13, 2012.
- Freddy Kleitz, Shi Zhang Qiao, Amirali Popat, Benjamin P. Ross, Jian Liu, and Siddharth Jambhrunkar, “Enzyme-Responsive Controlled Release of Covalently Bound Prodrug from Funct ional Mesoporous Silica Nanospheres,” Angewandte Chemie-International Edition, vol. 51, no. 50, pp. 12486–12489, 2012.
- Rammohan Devulapally, and Ramasamy Paulmurugan, “Polymer nanoparticles for drug and small silencing RNA delivery to treat cancers of different phenotypes,” Wiley Interdisciplinary Reviews: Nanomedicine and Nanobiotechnology, 2013.
- Sherief Essa, Fatiha Louhichi, Martine Raymond, and Patrice Hildgen, “Improved antifungal activity of itraconazole-loaded PEG/PLA nanoparticles,” Journal of Microencapsulation, vol. 30, no. 3, pp. 205–217, 2013.
- Roonak Saadati, Simin Dadashzadeh, Zahra Abbasian, and Hoorieh Soleimanjahi, “Accelerated Blood Clearance of PEGylated PLGA Nanoparticles Following Repea ted Injections: Effects of Polymer Dose, PEG Coating, and Encapsulated Anti cancer Drug,” Pharmaceutical Research, vol. 30, no. 4, pp. 985–995, 2013.
- L.K. Souza, C.H. Bruno, L. Lopes, S.H. Pulcinelli, C.V. Santilli, and L.A. Chiavacci, “Ureasil–polyether hybrid film-forming materials,” Colloids and Surfaces B: Biointerfaces, vol. 101, pp. 156–161, 2013.