- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Nanomaterials
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 408675, 10 pages
Emerging Technologies of Polymeric Nanoparticles in Cancer Drug Delivery
Department of Chemical and Biological Engineering, Drexel University, 3141 Chestnut Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Received 2 June 2010; Accepted 2 August 2010
Academic Editor: Lu Sun
Copyright © 2011 Erik Brewer et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [41 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Nadine E. Brückmann, Michaela Wahl, Guido J. Reiß, Marbod Kohns, Wim Wätjen, and Peter C. Kunz, “Polymer Conjugates of Photoinducible CO-Releasing Molecules,” European Journal of Inorganic Chemistry, vol. 2011, no. 29, pp. 4571–4577, 2011.
- Dicker, Mleczko, Hensel, Bartolomeo, Schmitz, and Wrenn, “Coencapsulation of lipid microbubbles within polymer microcapsules for contrast applications,” Bubble Science, Engineering and Technology, vol. 3, no. 1, pp. 12–19, 2011.
- Iryna N. Stepanenko, Angela Casini, Fabio Edafe, Maria S. Novak, Vladimir B. Arion, Paul J. Dyson, Michael A. Jakupec, and Bernhard K. Keppler, “Conjugation of Organoruthenium(II) 3-(1H-Benzimidazol-2-yl)pyrazolo[3,4-b]pyridines and Indolo[3,2-d]benzazepines to Recombinant Human Serum Albumin: a Strategy To Enhance Cytotoxicity in Cancer Cells,” Inorganic Chemistry, vol. 50, no. 24, pp. 12669–12679, 2011.
- Prajakta Dandekar, Ratnesh Jain, Thomas Stauner, Brigitta Loretz, Marcus Koch, Gerhard Wenz, and Claus-Michael Lehr, “A Hydrophobic Starch Polymer for Nanoparticle-Mediated Delivery of Docetaxel,” Macromolecular Bioscience, vol. 12, no. 2, pp. 184–194, 2011.
- Athulya Aravind, Srivani Veeranarayanan, Aby Cheruvathoor Poulose, Remya Nair, Yutaka Nagaoka, Yasuhiko Yoshida, Toru Maekawa, and D. Sakthi Kumar, “Aptamer-Functionalized Silica Nanoparticles for Targeted Cancer Therapy,” BioNanoScience, vol. 2, no. 1, pp. 1–8, 2011.
- Athulya Aravind, Yasuhiko Yoshida, Toru Maekawa, and D. Sakthi Kumar, “Aptamer-conjugated polymeric nanoparticles for targeted cancer therapy,” Drug Delivery and Translational Research, vol. 2, no. 6, pp. 418–436, 2012.
- Gavin A. Buxton, and Nigel Clarke, “Acid-labile core-layer-shell polymer nanoparticles: Modeling particle disintegration and subsequent drug release,” Soft Matter, vol. 8, no. 34, pp. 8891–8895, 2012.
- Victor Pinon, and Marcus Weck, “Patterned Polymeric Multilayered Assemblies through Hydrogen Bonding and Metal Coordination,” Langmuir, vol. 28, no. 6, pp. 3279–3284, 2012.
- Pengxiao Cao, and Younsoo Bae, “Polymer nanoparticulate drug delivery and combination cancer therapy,” Future Oncology, vol. 8, no. 11, pp. 1471–1480, 2012.
- Georgia A. Pilkington, and Wuge H. Briscoe, “Nanofluids mediating surface forces,” Advances In Colloid And Interface Science, vol. 179, pp. 68–84, 2012.
- Hui Ding, Xiaojun Wang, Song Zhang, and Xinli Liu, “Applications of polymeric micelles with tumor targeted in chemotherapy,” Journal of Nanoparticle Research, vol. 14, no. 11, 2012.
- K. Gardikis, M. Micha-Screttas, C. Demetzos, and B.R. Steele, “Dendrimers and the development of new complex nanomaterials for biomedical applications,” Current Medicinal Chemistry, vol. 19, no. 29, pp. 4913–4928, 2012.
- Freddy Kleitz, Shi Zhang Qiao, Amirali Popat, Benjamin P. Ross, Jian Liu, and Siddharth Jambhrunkar, “Enzyme-Responsive Controlled Release of Covalently Bound Prodrug from Functional Mesoporous Silica Nanospheres,” Angewandte Chemie-International Edition, vol. 51, no. 50, pp. 12486–12489, 2012.
- Seang H. Yiv, and Fatih M. Uckun, “Lipid spheres as attractive nanoscale drug delivery platforms for cancer therapy,” Journal of Nanomedicine and Nanotechnology, vol. 3, no. 1, 2012.
- Alberto Dessy, Anna Maria Piras, Michele Alderighi, Stefania Sandreschi, and Federica Chiellini, “Doxorubicin loaded polyurethanes nanoparticles,” Nano Biomedicine and Engineering, vol. 4, no. 2, pp. 82–88, 2012.
- Alberto Dessy, Anna Maria Piras, Michele Alderighi, Stefania Sandreschi, and Federica Chiellini, “Doxorubicin loaded polyurethanes nanoparticles,” Nano Biomedicine and Engineering, vol. 4, no. 2, pp. 83–88, 2012.
- Nasimudeen R. Jabir, Shams Tabrez, Ghulam Md Ashraf, Shazi Shakil, Ghazi A. Damanhouri, and Mohammad A. Kamal, “Nanotechnology-based approaches in anticancer research,” International Journal of Nanomedicine, vol. 7, pp. 4391–4408, 2012.
- Amirali Popat, Jian Liu, Gao Qing (Max) Lu, and Shi Zhang Qiao, “A pH-responsive drug delivery system based on chitosan coated mesoporous silica nanoparticles,” Journal of Materials Chemistry, vol. 22, no. 22, pp. 11173, 2012.
- Ernesto R. Soto, Abaigeal C. Caras, Lindsey C. Kut, Melissa K. Castle, and Gary R. Ostroff, “Glucan Particles for Macrophage Targeted Delivery of Nanoparticles,” Journal of Drug Delivery, vol. 2012, pp. 1–13, 2012.
- Rammohan Devulapally, and Ramasamy Paulmurugan, “Polymer nanoparticles for drug and small silencing RNA delivery to treat cancers of different phenotypes,” Wiley Interdisciplinary Reviews: Nanomedicine and Nanobiotechnology, 2013.
- Sherief Essa, Fatiha Louhichi, Martine Raymond, and Patrice Hildgen, “Improved antifungal activity of itraconazole-loaded PEG/PLA nanoparticles,” Journal of Microencapsulation, vol. 30, no. 3, pp. 205–217, 2013.
- Roonak Saadati, Simin Dadashzadeh, Zahra Abbasian, and Hoorieh Soleimanjahi, “Accelerated Blood Clearance of PEGylated PLGA Nanoparticles Following Repeated Injections: Effects of Polymer Dose, PEG Coating, and Encapsulated Anticancer Drug,” Pharmaceutical Research, vol. 30, no. 4, pp. 985–995, 2013.
- L.K. Souza, C.H. Bruno, L. Lopes, S.H. Pulcinelli, C.V. Santilli, and L.A. Chiavacci, “Ureasil–polyether hybrid film-forming materials,” Colloids and Surfaces B: Biointerfaces, vol. 101, pp. 156–161, 2013.
- Patricia Bento da Silva, Matheus Aparecido dos Santos Ramos, Bruna Vidal Bonifacio, Kamila Maria Silveira Negri, Mariana Rillo Sato, Tais Maria Bauab, and Marlus Chorilli, “Nanotechnological Strategies for Vaginal Administration of Drugs-A Review,” Journal of Biomedical Nanotechnology, vol. 10, no. 9, pp. 2218–2243, 2014.
- Kaarunya Sampathkumar, and Shylaja Arulkumar, “Advances in Stimuli Responsive Nanobiomaterials for Cancer Therapy,” Journal of Biomedical Nanotechnology, vol. 10, no. 3, pp. 367–382, 2014.
- Celia N. Sanchez-Dominguez, Hugo L. Gallardo-Blanco, Arturo A. Rodriguez-Rodriguez, and Andrea V. Vela-Gonzalez, “Nanoparticles vs Cancer: A Multifuncional Tool,” Current Topics in Medicinal Chemistry, vol. 14, no. 5, pp. 664–675, 2014.
- Daniel Lynam, Chelsea Peterson, Ryan Maloney, Dena Shahriari, Alexa Garrison, Sara Saleh, Sumit Mehrotra, Christina Chan, and Jeff Sakamoto, “Augmenting protein release from layer-by-layer functionalized agarose hydrogels,” Carbohydrate Polymers, vol. 103, pp. 377–384, 2014.
- Rahul S. Kalhapure, Nadia Suleman, Chunderika Mocktar, Nasreen Seedat, and Thirumala Govender, “Nanoengineered Drug Delivery Systems for Enhancing Antibiotic Therapy,” Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences, 2014.
- Eliav Shaked, Yoav Shani, Meital Zilberman, and Mickey Scheinowitz, “ Poly(methyl methacrylate) particles for local drug delivery using shock wave lithotripsy: I n vitro proof of concept experiment ,” Journal of Biomedical Materials Research Part B: Applied Biomaterials, 2014.
- Kumar Bishwajit Sutradhar, and Md. Lutful Amin, “Nanotechnology in Cancer Drug Delivery and Selective Targeting,” ISRN Nanotechnology, vol. 2014, pp. 1–12, 2014.
- Bruna Vidal Bonifacio, Patricia Bento da Silva, Matheus Aparecido dos Santos Ramos, Kamila Maria Silveira Negri, and Tais Maria Bauab, “Nanotechnology-based drug delivery systems and herbal medicines: a review,” International Journal of Nanomedicine, vol. 9, pp. 1–15, 2014.
- Giovana Calixto, Jessica Bernegossi, Bruno Fonseca-Santos, and Marlus Chorilli, “Nanotechnology-based drug delivery systems for treatment of oral cancer: a review,” International Journal of Nanomedicine, vol. 9, pp. 3719–3735, 2014.
- Mahendra Rai, Avinash P. Ingle, Swapnil Gaikwad, Felipe Hering Padovani, and Monica Alves, “The role of nanotechnology in control of human diseases: perspectives in ocular surface diseases,” Critical Reviews in Biotechnology, pp. 1–11, 2015.
- H.-M. Meng, T. Fu, X.-B. Zhang, and W. Tan, “Cell-SELEX-based aptamer-conjugated nanomaterials for cancer diagnosis and therapy,” National Science Review, vol. 2, no. 1, pp. 71–84, 2015.
- Amira Moustafa, Mahmoud M. Abd Rabo Moustafa, Gregory J. Zilinskas, and Elizabeth R. Gillies, “Covalent Drug Immobilization in Poly(ester amide) Nanoparticles for Controlled Release,” Canadian Journal Of Chemical Engineering, vol. 93, no. 12, pp. 2098–2106, 2015.
- Zahra Nasrollahi, Shahla Roudbar Mohammadi, Esmail Mollarazi, Mohammad Hossein Yadegari, Zuhair Mohammad Hassan, Fatemeh Talaei, Rassoul Dinarvand, Hassan Akbari, and Fatemeh Atyabi, “Functionalized nanoscale β-1,3-glucan to improve Her2+ breast cancer therapy: in vitro and in vivo study,” Journal of Controlled Release, 2015.
- Stefan Niedermayer, Veronika Weiss, Annika Herrmann, Alexandra Schmidt, Stefan Datz, Katharina Müller, Ernst Wagner, Thomas Bein, and Christoph Bräuchle, “Multifunctional polymer-capped mesoporous silica nanoparticles for pH-responsive targeted drug delivery,” Nanoscale, vol. 7, no. 17, pp. 7953–7964, 2015.
- Melessa Salem, Ying Xia, Alison Allan, Sohrab Rohani, and Elizabeth R. Gillies, “Curcumin-loaded, folic acid-functionalized magnetite particles for targeted drug delivery,” RSC Adv., vol. 5, no. 47, pp. 37521–37532, 2015.
- H. A. Cheng, C. T. Drinnan, N. Pleshko, and O. Z. Fisher, “Pseudotannins self-assembled into antioxidant complexes,” Soft Matter, vol. 11, no. 39, pp. 7783–7791, 2015.
- Ahmad Mohammed Gumel, Mohamad Suffian Mohamad Annuar, and Hindatu Yusuf, “Perspectives on the Emerging Applications of Multifaceted Biomedical Polymeric Nanomaterials,” Journal of Nanomaterials, vol. 2015, pp. 1–22, 2015.
- Rashmi H. Prabhu, Vandana B. Patravale, and Medha D. Joshi, “Polymeric nanoparticles for targeted treatment in oncology: current insights,” International Journal Of Nanomedicine, vol. 10, pp. 1001–1018, 2015.