- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Nanomaterials
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 436528, 6 pages
Preparation of Nanoporous Polymer Films for Real-Time Viability Monitoring of Cells
1Division of Pediatric Surgery, Department of Surgery, Taichung Veterans General Hospital, 160 Section 3 Chung-Kang Road, Taichung 40705, Taiwan
2Graduate Institute of Biomedicine and Biomedical Technology, National Chi Nan University, 1 University Road Puli, Nantou 54561, Taiwan
3Department of Applied Chemistry, National Chi Nan University, 1 University Road Puli, Nantou 54561, Taiwan
4Department of Applied Materials and Optoelectronic Engineering, National Chi Nan University, 1 University Road, Puli, Nantou 54561, Taiwan
Received 19 May 2010; Accepted 1 July 2010
Academic Editor: Lu Sun
Copyright © 2011 Chia-Man Chou et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- G. Q. Lu and X. S. Zhao, Nanoporous Materials: Science and Engineering, Imperial College Press, London, UK, 2004.
- O. A. Saleh and L. L. Sohn, “An artificial nanopore for molecular sensing,” Nano Letters, vol. 3, no. 1, pp. 37–38, 2003.
- H. Liu, P. He, Z. Li, and J. Li, “High surface area nanoporous platinum: facile fabrication and electrocatalytic activity,” Nanotechnology, vol. 17, no. 9, pp. 2167–2173, 2006.
- C. R. Martin and Z. S. Siwy, “Learning nature's way: biosensing with synthetic nanopores,” Science, vol. 317, no. 5836, pp. 331–332, 2007.
- S. Benner, R. J. A. Chen, N. A. Wilson et al., “Sequence-specific detection of individual DNA polymerase complexes in real time using a nanopore,” Nature Nanotechnology, vol. 2, no. 11, pp. 718–724, 2007.
- S. G. Lemay, “Nanopore-based biosensors: the interface between ionics and electronics,” ACS Nano, vol. 3, no. 4, pp. 775–779, 2009.
- B. M. Venkatesan, B. Dorvel, S. Yemenicioglu, N. Watkins, I. Petrov, and R. Bashir, “Highly sensitive, mechanically stable nanopore sensors for DNA analysis,” Advanced Materials, vol. 21, no. 27, pp. 2771–2776, 2009.
- H. Chang, F. Kosari, G. Andreadakis, M. A. Alam, G. Vasmatzis, and R. Bashir, “DNA-mediated fluctuations in ionic current through silicon oxide nanopore channels,” Nano Letters, vol. 4, no. 8, pp. 1551–1556, 2004.
- K. A. Kilian, T. Böcking, K. Gaus, M. Gal, and J. J. Gooding, “Peptide-modified optical filters for detecting protease activity,” ACS Nano, vol. 1, no. 4, pp. 355–361, 2007.
- Z. Yang, Z. Xie, H. Liu, F. Yan, and H. Ju, “Streptavidin-functionalized three-dimensional ordered nanoporous silica film for highly efficient chemiluminescent immunosensing,” Advanced Functional Materials, vol. 18, no. 24, pp. 3991–3998, 2008.
- D. Losic, M. A. Cole, B. Dollmann, K. Vasilev, and H. J. Griesser, “Surface modification of nanoporous alumina membranes by plasma polymerization,” Nanotechnology, vol. 19, no. 24, Article ID 245704, 7 pages, 2008.
- M. Wanunu, J. Sutin, and A. Meller, “DNA profiling using solid-state nanopores: detection of DNA-binding molecules,” Nano Letters, vol. 9, no. 10, pp. 3498–3502, 2009.
- V. Mussi, P. Fanzio, L. Repetto et al., “DNA-functionalized solid state nanopore for biosensing,” Nanotechnology, vol. 21, no. 14, Article ID 145102, 5 pages, 2010.
- T. Cassagneau and F. Caruso, “Conjugated polymer inverse opals for potentiometric biosensing,” Advanced Materials, vol. 14, no. 24, pp. 1837–1841, 2002.
- J. T. Borenstein, E. Barnard, B. Orrick, W. Cheung, C. Sundback, and J. P. Vacanti, “Microfabricated biodegradable scaffolds for tissue engineering of vital organs,” in Proceedings of Materials Research Society Symposium, pp. 9–11, 2004.
- X. Wang, Y.-G. Kim, C. Drew, B.-C. Ku, J. Kumar, and L. A. Samuelson, “Electrostatic assembly of conjugated polymer thin layers on electrospun nanofibrous membranes for biosensors,” Nano Letters, vol. 4, no. 2, pp. 331–334, 2004.
- A. Monge, N. Snejko, E. Gutiérrez-Puebla et al., “One teflon®-like channelled nanoporous polymer with a chiral and new uninodal 4-connected net: sorption and catalytic properties,” Chemical Communications, no. 10, pp. 1291–1293, 2005.
- W. Qian, Z.-Z. Gu, A. Fujishima, and O. Sato, “Three-dimensionally ordered macroporous polymer materials: an approach for biosensor applications,” Langmuir, vol. 18, no. 11, pp. 4526–4529, 2002.
- V. Lehmann, “Biosensors: barcoded molecules,” Nature Materials, vol. 1, no. 1, pp. 12–13, 2002.
- A. Valsesia, P. Colpo, M. M. Silvan, T. Meziani, G. Ceccone, and F. Rossi, “Fabrication of nanostructured polymeric surfaces for biosensing devices,” Nano Letters, vol. 4, no. 6, pp. 1047–1050, 2004.
- S. Sotiropoulou, V. Vamvakaki, and N. A. Chaniotakis, “Stabilization of enzymes in nanoporous materials for biosensor applications,” Biosensors and Bioelectronics, vol. 20, no. 8, pp. 1674–1679, 2005.
- Q. Li, J. F. Quinn, Y. Wang, and F. Caruso, “Preparation of nanoporous polyelectrolyte multilayer films via nanoparticle templating,” Chemistry of Materials, vol. 18, no. 23, pp. 5480–5485, 2006.
- S. Wu, S. R. Park, and X. S. Ling, “Lithography-free formation of nanopores in plastic membranes using laser heating,” Nano Letters, vol. 6, no. 11, pp. 2571–2576, 2006.
- V. K. S. Hsiao, T.-C. Lin, G. S. He et al., “Optical microfabrication of highly reflective volume Bragg gratings,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 86, no. 13, Article ID 131113, 3 pages, 2005.
- V. K. S. Hsiao, K.-T. Yong, A. N. Cartwright et al., “Nanoporous polymeric photonic crystals by emulsion holography,” Journal of Materials Chemistry, vol. 19, no. 23, pp. 3998–4003, 2009.
- V. K. S. Hsiao, W. D. Kirkey, F. Chen, A. N. Cartwright, P. N. Prasad, and T. J. Bunning, “Organic solvent vapor detection using holographic photopolymer reflection gratings,” Advanced Materials, vol. 17, no. 18, pp. 2211–2214, 2005.
- X. Fang, V. K. S. Hsiao, V. P. Chodavarapu, A. H. Titus, and A. N. Cartwright, “Colorimetric porous photonic bandgap sensors with integrated CMOS color detectors,” IEEE Sensors Journal, vol. 6, no. 3, pp. 661–666, 2006.
- V. K. S. Hsiao, J. R. Waldeisen, Y. Zheng, P. F. Lloyd, T. J. Bunning, and T. J. Huang, “Aminopropyltriethoxysilane (APTES)-functionalized nanoporous polymeric gratings: fabrication and application in biosensing,” Journal of Materials Chemistry, vol. 17, no. 46, pp. 4896–4901, 2007.
- J. Shi, V. K. S. Hsiao, and T. J. Huang, “Nanoporous polymeric transmission gratings for high-speed humidity sensing,” Nanotechnology, vol. 18, no. 46, Article ID 465501, 6 pages, 2007.
- J. Shi, V. K. S. Hsiao, T. R. Walker, and T. J. Huang, “Humidity sensing based on nanoporous polymeric photonic crystals,” Sensors and Actuators B, vol. 129, no. 1, pp. 391–396, 2008.
- W. Yan, V. K. S. Hsiao, Y. B. Zheng, Y. M. Shariff, T. Gao, and T. J. Huang, “Towards nanoporous polymer thin film-based drug delivery systems,” Thin Solid Films, vol. 517, no. 5, pp. 1794–1798, 2009.