- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Nanomaterials
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 439756, 6 pages
Photoresponsive Release from Azobenzene-Modified Single Cubic Crystal NaCl/Silica Particles
1Department of Chemical and Nuclear Engineering and Center for Micro-Engineered Materials, The University of New Mexico, Albuquerque, NM 87106, USA
2SCB Innovation Accelerator, Dow Corning Corporation, 2200 W. Salzburg Road, P.O. Box 0994, Midland, MI 48686, USA
3Advanced Material Laboratory, Sandia National Laboratories, Albuquerque, NM 87185, USA
4Transmission Electron Microscopy Labs, The University of New Mexico, Albuquerque, NM 87131, USA
Received 3 November 2010; Accepted 13 January 2011
Academic Editor: Yung-Sung Cheng
Copyright © 2011 Xingmao Jiang et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- K. Suzuki, T. Yumura, Y. Tanaka, and M. Akashi, “Thermo-responsive release from interpenetrating porous silica-poly(N-isopropylacrylamide) hybrid gels,” Journal of Controlled Release, vol. 75, no. 1-2, pp. 183–189, 2001.
- S. Falaize, S. Radin, and P. Ducheyne, “In vitro behavior of silica-based xerogels intended as controlled release carriers,” Journal of the American Ceramic Society, vol. 82, no. 4, pp. 969–976, 1999.
- B. G. Trewyn, C. M. Whitman, and V. S. Y. Lin, “Morphological control of room-temperature ionic liquid templated mesoporous silica nanoparticles for controlled release of antibacterial agents,” Nano Letters, vol. 4, no. 11, pp. 2139–2143, 2004.
- N. K. Mal, M. Fujiwara, Y. Tanaka, T. Taguchi, and M. Matsukata, “Photo-switched storage and release of guest molecules in the pore void of coumarin-modified MCM-41,” Chemistry of Materials, vol. 15, no. 17, pp. 3385–3394, 2003.
- S. R. Veith, E. Hughes, and S. E. Pratsinis, “Restricted diffusion and release of aroma molecules from sol-gel-made porous silica particles,” Journal of Controlled Release, vol. 99, no. 2, pp. 315–327, 2004.
- Y. Lu, H. Fan, A. Stump, T. L. Ward, T. Rieker, and C. J. Brinker, “Aerosol-assisted self-assembly of mesostructured spherical nanoparticles,” Nature, vol. 398, no. 6724, pp. 223–226, 1999.
- X. M. Jiang, et al., submitted.
- X. M. Jiang, et al., submitted.
- Y. Shin, J. H. Chang, J. Liu, R. Williford, Y. K. Shin, and G. J. Exarhos, “Hybrid nanogels for sustainable positive thermosensitive drug release,” Journal of Controlled Release, vol. 73, no. 1, pp. 1–6, 2001.
- S. R. Sershen, S. L. Westcott, N. J. Halas, and J. L. West, “Temperature-sensitive polymer-nanoshell composites for photothermally modulated drug delivery,” Journal of Biomedical Materials Research, vol. 51, no. 3, pp. 293–298, 2000.
- S. Murdan, “Electro-responsive drug delivery from hydrogels,” Journal of Controlled Release, vol. 92, no. 1-2, pp. 1–17, 2003.
- V. Borisenko, D. C. Burns, Z. Zhang, and G. A. Woolley, “Optical switching of ion-dipole interactions in a gramicidin channel analogue,” Journal of the American Chemical Society, vol. 122, no. 27, pp. 6364–6370, 2000.
- M. Banghart, K. Borges, E. Isacoff, D. Trauner, and R. H. Kramer, “Light-activated ion channels for remote control of neuronal firing,” Nature Neuroscience, vol. 7, no. 12, pp. 1381–1386, 2004.
- T. Sata, Y. Shimokawa, and K. Matsusaki, “Preparation of ion-permeable membranes having an azobenzene moiety and their transport properties in electrodialysis,” Journal of Membrane Science, vol. 171, no. 1, pp. 31–43, 2000.
- K. Weh, M. Noack, K. Hoffmann, K. P. Schröder, and J. Caro, “Change of gas permeation by photoinduced switching of zeolite-azobenzene membranes of type MFI and FAU,” Microporous and Mesoporous Materials, vol. 54, no. 1-2, pp. 15–26, 2002.
- M. Kameda, K. Sumaru, T. Kanamori, and T. Shinbo, “Photoresponse gas permeability of azobenzene-functionalized glassy polymer films,” Journal of Applied Polymer Science, vol. 88, no. 8, pp. 2068–2072, 2003.
- N. Liu, K. Yu, B. Smarsly, D. R. Dunphy, Y. B. Jiang, and C. J. Brinker, “Self-directed assembly of photoactive hybrid silicates derived from an azobenzene-bridged silsesquioxane,” Journal of the American Chemical Society, vol. 124, no. 49, pp. 14540–14541, 2002.
- N. Liu, D. R. Dunphy, P. Atanassov et al., “Photoregulation of mass transport through a photoresponsive azobenzene-modified nanoporous membrane,” Nano Letters, vol. 4, no. 4, pp. 551–554, 2004.
- N. Liu, D. R. Dunphy, M. A. Rodriguez, S. Singer, and J. Brinker, “Synthesis and crystallographic structure of a novel photoresponsive azobenzene-containing organosilane,” Chemical Communications, vol. 9, no. 10, pp. 1144–1145, 2003.