- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Nanomaterials
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 760237, 10 pages
Controlled Release from Core-Shell Nanoporous Silica Particles for Corrosion Inhibition of Aluminum Alloys
1Department of Chemical and Nuclear Engineering and Center for Micro-Engineered Materials, University of New Mexico, Albuquerque, NM 87106, USA
2Aerosol and Respiratory Dosimetry Program, Lovelace Respiratory Research Institute, 2425 Ridgecrest Dr. SE, Albuquerque, NM 87108, USA
3Transmission Electron Microscopy Labs, The University of New Mexico, Albuquerque, NM 87131, USA
4SCB Innovation Accelerator, Dow Corning Corporation, 2200 W. Salzburg Road, P.O. Box 0994, Midland, MI 48686, USA
5Department of Geoscience, University of Wisconsin-Madison, Madison, WI 53706, USA
6Advanced Material Laboratory, Sandia National Laboratories, Albuquerque, NM 87185, USA
Received 3 November 2010; Accepted 2 December 2010
Academic Editor: Hugh D. Smyth
Copyright © 2011 Xingmao Jiang et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- M. A. Jakab and J. R. Scully, “On-demand release of corrosion-inhibiting ions from amorphous Al-Co-Ce alloys,” Nature Materials, vol. 4, no. 9, pp. 667–670, 2005.
- J. V. Kloet, W. Schmidt, A. W. Hassel, and M. Stratmann, “The role of chromate in filiform corrosion inhibition,” Electrochimica Acta, vol. 48, no. 9, pp. 1211–1222, 2003.
- M. W. Kendig and R. G. Buchheit, “Corrosion inhibition of aluminum and aluminum alloys by soluble chromates, chromate coatings, and chromate-free coatings,” Corrosion, vol. 59, no. 5, pp. 379–400, 2003.
- R. L. Cook Jr., “Pigment-derived inhibitors for aluminum alloy 2024-T3,” Corrosion, vol. 56, no. 3, pp. 321–333, 2000.
- P. Campestrini, H. Terryn, A. Hovestad, and J. H. W. de Wit, “Formation of a cerium-based conversion coating on AA2024: relationship with the microstructure,” Surface and Coatings Technology, vol. 176, no. 3, pp. 365–381, 2004.
- M. Forsyth, K. Wilson, T. Behrsing, C. Forsyth, G. B. Deacon, and A. Phanasgoankar, “Effectiveness of rare-earth metal compounds as corrosion inhibitors for steel,” Corrosion, vol. 58, no. 11, pp. 953–960, 2002.
- P. Traverso, R. Spiniello, and L. Monaco, “Corrosion inhibition of Al 6061 T6/Al2O3p 10% (v/v) composite in 3.5% NaCl solution with addition of cerium (III) chloride,” Surface and Interface Analysis, vol. 34, no. 1, pp. 185–188, 2002.
- B. Davó and J. J. De Damborenea, “Use of rare earth salts as electrochemical corrosion inhibitors for an Al-Li-Cu (8090) alloy in 3.56% NaCl,” Electrochimica Acta, vol. 49, no. 27, pp. 4957–4965, 2004.
- R. G. Buchheit, H. Guan, S. Mahajanam, and F. Wong, “Active corrosion protection and corrosion sensing in chromate-free organic coatings,” Progress in Organic Coatings, vol. 47, no. 3-4, pp. 174–182, 2003.
- N. N. Voevodin, V. N. Balbyshev, M. Khobaib, and M. S. Donley, “Nanostructured coatings approach for corrosion protection,” Progress in Organic Coatings, vol. 47, no. 3-4, pp. 416–423, 2003.
- T. L. Metroke, O. Kachurina, and E. T. Knobbe, “Spectroscopic and corrosion resistance characterization of GLYMO-TEOS Ormosil coatings for aluminum alloy corrosion inhibition,” Progress in Organic Coatings, vol. 44, no. 4, pp. 295–305, 2002.
- T. L. Metroke, O. M. Kachurina, E. Stesikova, and E. T. Knobbe, “Composite coatings based on hybrid silicate and trivalent chromium conversion layers for aluminum alloy corrosion inhibition,” Abstracts of Papers of the American Chemical Society, vol. 220, p. U341, 2000.
- A. Pepe, M. Aparicio, S. Ceré, and A. Durán, “Preparation and characterization of cerium doped silica sol-gel coatings on glass and aluminum substrates,” Journal of Non-Crystalline Solids, vol. 348, pp. 162–171, 2004.
- Y. Lu, H. Fan, A. Stump, T. L. Ward, T. Rieker, and C. J. Brinker, “Aerosol-assisted self-assembly of mesostructured spherical nanoparticles,” Nature, vol. 398, no. 6724, pp. 223–226, 1999.
- Y. Lu, R. Ganguli, C. A. Drewien et al., “Continuous formation of supported cubic and hexagonal mesoporous films by sol-gel dip-coating,” Nature, vol. 389, no. 6649, pp. 364–368, 1997.