- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Nanomaterials
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 814606, 5 pages
Water-Soluble Chitosan Nanoparticles Inhibit Hypercholesterolemia Induced by Feeding a High-Fat Diet in Male Sprague-Dawley Rats
Key Unit of Modulating Liver to Treat Hyperlipemia SATCM and Lipid Metabolism Laboratory of 3rd Level SATCM, Guangdong Pharmaceutical University, Guangzhou 510006, China
Received 27 May 2010; Revised 7 July 2010; Accepted 10 July 2010
Academic Editor: Libo Wu
Copyright © 2011 Yi Tao et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [7 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Xiaofei Liu, Fan Yang, Tao Song, Anrong Zeng, Qi Wang, Zhong Sun, and Jun Shen, “Effects of chitosan, O-carboxymethyl chitosan and N-[(2-hydroxy-3-N,N-dimethylhexadecyl ammonium)propyl]chitosan chloride on lipid metabolism enzymes and low-density-lipoprotein receptor in a murine diet-induced obesity,” Carbohydrate Polymers, vol. 85, no. 2, pp. 334–340, 2011.
- Wei Zhang, Jiali Zhang, Qixing Jiang, and Wenshui Xia, “Physicochemical and structural characteristics of chitosan nanopowders prepared by ultrafine milling,” Carbohydrate Polymers, vol. 87, no. 1, pp. 309–313, 2012.
- Hong-liang Zhang, Xiao-bin Zhong, Yi Tao, Si-hui Wu, and Zheng-quan Su, “Effects of chitosan and water-soluble chitosan micro- and nanoparticles in obese rats fed a high-fat diet,” International Journal Of Nanomedicine, vol. 7, pp. 4069–4076, 2012.
- Yi Tao, Hong-Liang Zhang, Yin-Ming Hu, Shuo Wan, and Zheng-Quan Su, “Preparation of Chitosan and Water-Soluble Chitosan Microspheres via Spray-Drying Method to Lower Blood Lipids in Rats Fed with High-Fat Diets,” International Journal Of Molecular Sciences, vol. 14, no. 2, pp. 4174–4184, 2013.
- Kritika Sharma, Kulyash Kumar, and Neeraj Mishra, “Nanoparticulate carrier system: a novel treatment approach for hyperlipidemia,” Drug Delivery, pp. 1–16, 2014.
- Haitao Pan, Jiao Guo, and Zhengquan Su, “Advances in understanding the interrelations between leptin resistance and obesity,” Physiology & Behavior, 2014.
- Sirong Tan, Bing Gao, Yi Tao, Jiao Guo, and Zheng-quan Su, “Antiobese Effects of Capsaicin–Chitosan Microsphere (CCMS) in Obese Rats Induced by High Fat Diet,” Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry, pp. 140214094528007, 2014.