- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Nanomaterials
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 860376, 6 pages
Preparation and Characterization of Self-Emulsified Docetaxel
Department of Molecular Science and Technology, Ajou University, Suwon 443-749, Republic of Korea
Received 3 June 2010; Revised 2 August 2010; Accepted 11 August 2010
Academic Editor: Lu Sun
Copyright © 2011 Gyeong Hae Kim et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- L. M. Gommersall, M. Arya, I. Mushtaq, and P. Duffy, “Current challenges in Wilms' tumor management,” Nature Clinical Practice Oncology, vol. 2, no. 6, pp. 298–304, 2005.
- M. Reni, E. Mazza, A. Tosoni, and A. A. Brandes, “Novel therapeutics in adult malignant brain gliomas,” Expert Opinion on Investigational Drugs, vol. 14, no. 6, pp. 643–657, 2005.
- C. E. Saadeh, “Chemotherapy- and radiotherapy-induced oral mucositis: review of preventive strategies and treatment,” Pharmacotherapy, vol. 25, no. 4, pp. 540–554, 2005.
- R. Garcia-Carbonero and J. G. Supko, “Current perspectives on the clinical experience, pharmacology, and continued development of the camptothecins,” Clinical Cancer Research, vol. 8, no. 3, pp. 641–661, 2002.
- A. Margaritis and B. Manocha, “Controlled release of doxorubicin from doxorubicin/γ-polyglutamic acid ionic complex,” Journal of Nanomaterials, vol. 2010, Article ID 780171, 9 pages, 2010.
- S. U. Choi and S. Y. Han, “Targeting cancer stem cells,” Tissue Engineering and Regenerative Medicine, vol. 6, pp. 100–103, 2009.
- K. Cho, X. Wang, S. Nie, Z. Chen, and D. M. Shin, “Therapeutic nanoparticles for drug delivery in cancer,” Clinical Cancer Research, vol. 14, no. 5, pp. 1310–1316, 2008.
- P. Li and L. Zhao, “Developing early formulations: practice and perspective,” International Journal of Pharmaceutics, vol. 341, no. 1-2, pp. 1–19, 2007.
- J. P. Jain, M. Sokolsky, N. Kumar, and A. J. Domb, “Fatty acid based biodegradable polymer,” Polymer Reviews, vol. 48, no. 1, pp. 156–191, 2008.
- Z. Xu, L. Chen, W. Gu et al., “The performance of docetaxel-loaded solid lipid nanoparticles targeted to hepatocellular carcinoma,” Biomaterials, vol. 30, no. 2, pp. 226–232, 2009.
- J. Y. Lee, K. S. Kim, Y. M. Kang et al., “In vivo efficacy of paclitaxel-loaded injectable in situ-forming gel against subcutaneous tumor growth,” International Journal of Pharmaceutics, vol. 392, no. 1-2, pp. 51–56, 2010.
- A. Sparreboom, O. van Tellingen, W. J. Nooijen, and J. H. Beijnen, “Preclinical pharmacokinetics of paclitaxel and docetaxel,” Anti-Cancer Drugs, vol. 9, no. 1, pp. 1–17, 1998.
- R. M. Straubinger, A. Sharma, M. Murray, and E. Mayhew, “Novel Taxol formulations: Taxol-containing liposomes,” Journal of the National Cancer Institute. Monographs, no. 15, pp. 69–78, 1993.
- J. H. Park, S. Lee, J.-H. Kim, K. Park, K. Kim, and I. C. Kwon, “Polymeric nanomedicine for cancer therapy,” Progress in Polymer Science, vol. 33, no. 1, pp. 113–137, 2008.
- S.-S. Feng, L. Mei, P. Anitha, C. W. Gan, and W. Zhou, “Poly(lactide)-vitamin E derivative/montmorillonite nanoparticle formulations for the oral delivery of Docetaxel,” Biomaterials, vol. 30, no. 19, pp. 3297–3306, 2009.
- N. T. Huynh, C. Passirani, P. Saulnier, and J. P. Benoit, “Lipid nanocapsules: a new platform for nanomedicine,” International Journal of Pharmaceutics, vol. 379, no. 2, pp. 201–209, 2009.
- J. Portilla-Arias, R. Patil, J. Hu et al., “Nanoconjugate platforms development based in poly(,L-malic acid) methyl esters for tumor drug delivery,” Journal of Nanomaterials, vol. 2010, Article ID 825363, 8 pages, 2010.
- T. Hekmatara, S. Gelperina, V. Vogel, S.-R. Yang, and J. Kreuter, “Encapsulation of water-insoluble drugs in poly(butyl cyanoacrylate) nanoparticles,” Journal of Nanoscience and Nanotechnology, vol. 9, no. 8, pp. 5091–5098, 2009.
- W. Qiao, B. Wang, Y. Wang, L. Yang, Y. Zhang, and P. Shao, “Cancer therapy based on nanomaterials and nanocarrier systems,” Journal of Nanomaterials, vol. 2010, Article ID 796303, 9 pages, 2010.
- R. Tong and J. Cheng, “Anticancer polymeric nanomedicines,” Polymer Reviews, vol. 47, no. 3, pp. 345–381, 2007.
- P. Gao, B. D. Rush, W. P. Pfund et al., “Development of a supersaturable SEDDS (S-SEDDS) formulation of paclitaxel with improved oral bioavailability,” Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences, vol. 92, no. 12, pp. 2386–2398, 2003.
- S. Y. Lee, H. Hyun, J. Y. Youn et al., “Preparation of nano-emulsified paclitaxel using MPEG-PLGA diblock copolymers,” Colloids and Surfaces A, vol. 313-314, pp. 126–130, 2008.
- Y. Liu, P. Zhang, N. Feng, X. Zhang, S. Wu, and J. Zhao, “Optimization and in situ intestinal absorption of self-microemulsifying drug delivery system of oridonin,” International Journal of Pharmaceutics, vol. 365, no. 1-2, pp. 136–142, 2009.