- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Nanomaterials
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 928728, 6 pages
Preparation and Characterization of Zein and Zein-Chitosan Microspheres with Great Prospective of Application in Controlled Drug Release
Grupo de Materiais Poliméricos e Compósitos (GMPC), Departamento de Química, Universidade Estadual de Maringá (UEM),
Avenue Colombo, 5790, Maringá, 87020-900, Paraná, Brazil
Received 2 June 2010; Revised 26 July 2010; Accepted 6 September 2010
Academic Editor: Libo Wu
Copyright © 2011 Vinícius Müller et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [11 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- W. Nie, D. -G. Yu, C. Branford-White, X. -X. Shen, and L. -M. Zhu, “Electrospun zein-PVP fibre composite and its potential medical application,” Materials Research Innovations, vol. 16, no. 1, pp. 14–18, 2012.
- A.T. Dhanya, K.R. Haridas, N. Divia, and S. Sudheesh, “Development of zein-pectin nanoparticle as drug carrier,” International Journal of Drug Delivery, vol. 4, no. 2, 2012.
- Huaiqiong Chen, and Qixin Zhong Associate, “Processes improving the dispersibility of spray-dried zein nanoparticles using sodium caseinate,” Food Hydrocolloids, 2013.
- Yun Ping Neo, Sudip Ray, Jianyong Jin, Marija Gizdavic-Nikolaidis, Michel K. Nieuwoudt, Dongyan Liu, and Siew Young Quek, “Encapsulation of food grade antioxidant in natural biopolymer by electrospinning technique: A physicochemical study based on zein–gallic acid system,” Food Chemistry, vol. 136, no. 2, pp. 1013–1021, 2013.
- Yangchao Luo, and Qin Wang, “Zein-Based Micro- and Nano-Particles for Drug and Nutrient Delivery: A Review,” Journal of Applied Polymer Science, vol. 131, no. 16, 2014.
- Rishi Paliwal, and Srinath Palakurthi, “Zein in controlled drug delivery and tissue engineering,” Journal of Controlled Release, 2014.
- Yihu Song, and Qiang Zheng, “Ecomaterials Based on Food Proteins and Polysaccharides,” Polymer Reviews, vol. 54, no. 3, pp. 514–571, 2014.
- Yangchao Luo, Kang Pan, and Qixin Zhong, “Casein/pectin nanocomplexes as potential oral delivery vehicles,” International Journal of Pharmaceutics, vol. 486, no. 1-2, pp. 59–68, 2015.
- Siang-Ying Cheng, Be-Jen Wang, and Yih-Ming Weng, “Antioxidant and antimicrobial edible zein/chitosan composite films fabricated by incorporation of phenolic compounds and dicarboxylic acids,” LWT - Food Science and Technology, 2015.
- V.A. Gaona-Sánchez, G. Calderón-Domínguez, E. Morales-Sánchez, J.J. Chanona-Pérez, G. Velázquez-de la Cruz, J.V. Méndez-Méndez, E. Terrés-Rojas, and R.R. Farrera-Rebollo, “Preparation and CHARACTERISATION of zein films obtained by electrospraying,” Food Hydrocolloids, 2015.
- D. Dippold, M. Tallawi, S. Tansaz, J.A. Roether, and A.R. Boccaccini, “Novel electrospun poly(glycerol sebacate)-zein fiber mats as candidate materials for cardiac tissue engineering,” European Polymer Journal, 2016.