- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Nanomaterials
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 932719, 8 pages
Dynamic Probing of Nanoparticle Stability In Vivo: A Liposomal Model Assessed Using In Situ Microdialysis and Optical Imaging
1Department of Physics, National Chung Hsing University, Taichung 420, Taiwan
2Division of Medical Engineering Research, National Health Research Institutes, Zhunan, Miaoli 350, Taiwan
3Institute of NanoEngineering and MicroSystems, National Tsing Hua University, Hsinchu 300, Taiwan
4Department of Chemistry, National Tsing Hua University, Hsinchu 300, Taiwan
5Center for Nanomedicine Research, National Health Research Institutes, Zhunan, Miaoli 350, Taiwan
Received 7 June 2010; Revised 10 August 2010; Accepted 6 September 2010
Academic Editor: Libo Wu
Copyright © 2011 Chien-Chung Jeng et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- K. K. Coti, M. E. Belowich, M. Liong, et al., “Mechanised nanoparticles for drug delivery,” Nanoscale, vol. 1, no. 1, pp. 16–39, 2009.
- J. Lu, E. Choi, F. Tamanoi, and J. I. Zink, “Light-activated nanoimpeller-controlled drug release in cancer cells,” Small, vol. 4, no. 4, pp. 421–426, 2008.
- T. D. Nguyen, K. C.-F. Leung, M. Liong, Y. Liu, J. F. Stoddart, and J. I. Zink, “Versatile supramolecular nanovalves reconfigured for light activation,” Advanced Functional Materials, vol. 17, no. 13, pp. 2101–2110, 2007.
- L.-A. Tai, P.-J. Tsai, Y.-C. Wang, Y.-J. Wang, L.-W. Lo, and C.-S. Yang, “Thermosensitive liposomes entrapping iron oxide nanoparticles for controllable drug release,” Nanotechnology, vol. 20, no. 13, Article ID 135101, 2009.
- T. Ishida, H. Harashima, and H. Kiwada, “Liposome clearance,” Bioscience Reports, vol. 22, no. 2, pp. 197–224, 2002.
- S.-J. Kim, D. J. Doudet, A. R. Studenov et al., “Quantitative micro positron emission tomography (PET) imaging for the in vivo determination of pancreatic islet graft survival,” Nature Medicine, vol. 12, no. 12, pp. 1423–1428, 2006.
- M.-S. Martina, J.-P. Fortin, C. Ménager et al., “Generation of superparamagnetic liposomes revealed as highly efficient MRI contrast agents for in vivo imaging,” Journal of the American Chemical Society, vol. 127, no. 30, pp. 10676–10685, 2005.
- E. M. Shapiro, S. Skrtic, K. Sharer, J. M. Hill, C. E. Dunbar, and A. P. Koretsky, “MRI detection of single particles for cellular imaging,” Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America, vol. 101, no. 30, pp. 10901–10906, 2004.
- Q. L. M. de Chermont, C. Chanéac, J. Seguin et al., “Nanoprobes with near-infrared persistent luminescence for in vivo imaging,” Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America, vol. 104, no. 22, pp. 9266–9271, 2007.
- K. Kametani and T. Nagata, “Quantitative elemental analysis on aluminum accumulation by HVTEM-EDX in liver tissues of mice orally administered with aluminum chloride,” Medical Molecular Morphology, vol. 39, no. 2, pp. 97–105, 2006.
- A. Patri, T. Umbreit, J. Zheng et al., “Energy dispersive X-ray analysis of titanium dioxide nanoparticle distribution after intravenous and subcutaneous injection in mice,” Journal of Applied Toxicology, vol. 29, no. 8, pp. 662–672, 2009.
- U. Ungerstedt, “Measurement of neurotransmitter release by intracranial dialysis,” in Measurement of Neurotransmitter Release In Vivo, C. A. Marsden, Ed., pp. 210–245, John Wiley & Sons, New York, NY, USA, 1984.
- E. C. M. de Lange, M. Danhof, C. Zurcher, A. G. de Boer, and D. D. Breimer, “Repeated microdialysis perfusions: periprobe tissue reactions and BBB permeability,” Brain Research, vol. 702, no. 1-2, pp. 261–265, 1995.
- C.-S. Yang, C.-H. Chang, P.-J. Tsai, W.-Y. Chen, F.-G. Tseng, and L.-W. Lo, “Nanoparticle-based in vivo investigation on blood-brain barrier permeability following ischemia and reperfusion,” Analytical Chemistry, vol. 76, no. 15, pp. 4465–4471, 2004.
- T. S. Levchenko, R. Rammohan, A. N. Lukyanov, K. R. Whiteman, and V. P. Torchilin, “Liposome clearance in mice: the effect of a separate and combined presence of surface charge and polymer coating,” International Journal of Pharmaceutics, vol. 240, no. 1-2, pp. 95–102, 2002.
- F. Alexis, E. Pridgen, L. K. Molnar, and O. C. Farokhzad, “Factors affecting the clearance and biodistribution of polymeric nanoparticles,” Molecular Pharmaceutics, vol. 5, no. 4, pp. 505–515, 2008.
- J. S. Souris, C. -H. Lee, S. -H. Cheng et al., “Surface charge-mediated rapid hepatobiliary excretion of mesoporous silica nanoparticles,” Biomaterials, vol. 31, no. 21, pp. 5564–5574, 2010.