- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Journal of Nanomaterials
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 103417, 6 pages
Annealing Effect on Photovoltaic Performance of CdSe Quantum-Dots-Sensitized TiO2 Nanorod Solar Cells
1School of Physics and State Key Laboratory of Crystal Materials, Shandong University, Jinan 250100, China
2School of Information Science and Engineering, Shandong University, Jinan 250100, China
3Department of Physics, Portland State University, P.O. Box 751, Portland, OR 97207-0751, USA
Received 4 August 2012; Revised 22 October 2012; Accepted 24 October 2012
Academic Editor: Jian Wei
Copyright © 2012 Yitan Li et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- B. O'Regan and M. Grätzel, “A low-cost, high-efficiency solar cell based on dye-sensitized colloidal TiO2 films,” Nature, vol. 353, no. 6346, pp. 737–740, 1991.
- M. Grätzel, “Photoelectrochemical cells,” Nature, vol. 414, no. 6861, pp. 338–344, 2001.
- H. S. Chen, C. Su, J. L. Chen, T. Y. Yang, N. M. Hsu, and W. R. Li, “Preparation and characterization of pure rutile TiO2 nanoparticles for photocatalytic study and thin films for dye-sensitized solar cells,” Journal of Nanomaterials, vol. 2011, Article ID 869618, 8 pages, 2011.
- F. A. de Castro, F. Nüesch, C. Walder, and R. Hany, “Challenges found when patterning semiconducting polymers with electric fields for organic solar cell applications,” Journal of Nanomaterials, vol. 2012, Article ID 478296, 6 pages, 2012.
- M. Yamaguchi, “Multi-junction solar cells and novel structures for solar cell applications,” Physica E, vol. 14, no. 1-2, pp. 84–90, 2002.
- Y. Chiba, A. Islam, Y. Watanabe, R. Komiya, N. Koide, and L. Han, “Dye-sensitized solar cells with conversion efficiency of 11.1%,” Japanese Journal of Applied Physics, vol. 45, no. 24–28, pp. L638–L640, 2006.
- C. Wang, Z. Jiang, L. Wei, et al., “Photosensitization of TiO2 nanorods with CdS quantum dots for photovoltaic applications: a wet-chemical approach,” Nano Energy, vol. 1, no. 3, pp. 440–447, 2012.
- U. Farva and C. Park, “Colloidal synthesis and air-annealing of CdSe nanorods for the applications in hybrid bulk hetero-junction solar cells,” Materials Letters, vol. 64, no. 13, pp. 1415–1417, 2010.
- A. Morales-Acevedo, “Thin film CdS/CdTe solar cells: research perspectives,” Solar Energy, vol. 80, no. 6, pp. 675–681, 2006.
- Y. Itzhaik, O. Niitsoo, M. Page, and G. Hodes, “Sb2S3-sensitized nanoporous TiO2 solar cells,” Journal of Physical Chemistry C, vol. 113, no. 11, pp. 4254–4256, 2009.
- M. Sun, G. Chen, Y. Zhang, Q. Wei, Z. Ma, and B. Du, “Efficient degradation of azo dyes over Sb2S3/TiO2 heterojunction under visible light irradiation,” Industrial & Engineering Chemistry Research, vol. 51, no. 7, pp. 2897–2903, 2012.
- L. M. Peter, K. G. U. Wijayantha, D. J. Riley, and J. P. Waggett, “Band-edge tuning in self-assembled layers of Bi2S3 nanoparticles used to photosensitize nanocrystalline TiO2,” Journal of Physical Chemistry B, vol. 107, no. 33, pp. 8378–8381, 2003.
- I. Robel, V. Subramanian, M. Kuno, and P. V. Kamat, “Quantum dot solar cells. Harvesting light energy with CdSe nanocrystals molecularly linked to mesoscopic TiO2 films,” Journal of the American Chemical Society, vol. 128, no. 7, pp. 2385–2393, 2006.
- J. Y. Kim, S. B. Choi, J. H. Noh et al., “Synthesis of CdSe-TiO2 nanocomposites and their applications to TiO2 sensitized solar cells,” Langmuir, vol. 25, no. 9, pp. 5348–5351, 2009.
- L. Liu, J. Hensel, R. C. Fitzmorris, Y. Li, and J. Z. Zhang, “Preparation and photoelectrochemical properties of CdSe/TiO2 hybrid mesoporous structures,” Journal of Physical Chemistry Letters, vol. 1, no. 1, pp. 155–160, 2010.
- L. Yang, S. Luo, R. Liu et al., “Fabrication of cdse nanoparticles sensitized long TiO2 nanotube arrays for photocatalytic degradation of anthracene-9-carbonxylic acid under green monochromatic light,” Journal of Physical Chemistry C, vol. 114, no. 11, pp. 4783–4789, 2010.
- Z. Zhou, J. Fan, X. Wang, W. Zhou, Z. Du, and S. Wu, “Effect of highly ordered single-crystalline TiO2 nanowire length on the photovoltaic performance of dye-sensitized solar cells,” ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces, vol. 3, no. 11, pp. 4349–4353, 2011.
- J. Wang and Z. Lin, “Dye-sensitized TiO2 nanotube solar cells with markedly enhanced performance via rational surface engineering,” Chemistry of Materials, vol. 22, no. 2, pp. 579–584, 2010.
- P. Wang, A. Abrusci, H. M. P. Wong, M. Svensson, M. R. Andersson, and N. C. Greenham, “Photoinduced charge transfer and efficient solar energy conversion in a blend of a red polyfluorene copolymer with CdSe nanoparticles,” Nano Letters, vol. 6, no. 8, pp. 1789–1793, 2006.
- A. Kongkanand, K. Tvrdy, K. Takechi, M. Kuno, and P. V. Kamat, “Quantum dot solar cells. Tuning photoresponse through size and shape control of CdSe-TiO2 architecture,” Journal of the American Chemical Society, vol. 130, no. 12, pp. 4007–4015, 2008.