- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Nanomaterials
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 104748, 10 pages
Impact of Specifically Adsorbing Anions on the Electroless Growth of Gold Nanotubes
Department of Materials and Geoscience, Technische Universität Darmstadt, Petersenstraße 23, 64287 Darmstadt, Germany
Received 14 July 2011; Accepted 28 October 2011
Academic Editor: Renzhi Ma
Copyright © 2012 Falk Muench et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- C. N. R. Rao and A. Govindaraj, “Synthesis of inorganic nanotubes,” Advanced Materials, vol. 21, no. 42, pp. 4208–4233, 2009.
- D. Vairavapandian, P. Vichchulada, and M. D. Lay, “Preparation and modification of carbon nanotubes: review of recent advances and applications in catalysis and sensing,” Analytica Chimica Acta, vol. 626, no. 2, pp. 119–129, 2008.
- J. Martín and C. Mijangos, “Tailored polymer-based nanofibers and nanotubes by means of different infiltration methods into alumina nanopores,” Langmuir, vol. 25, no. 2, pp. 1181–1187, 2009.
- C. R. Martin, “Nanomaterials: a membrane-based synthetic approach,” Science, vol. 266, no. 5193, pp. 1961–1966, 1994.
- J. McPhillips, A. Murphy, M. P. Jonsson et al., “High-performance biosensing using arrays of plasmonic nanotubes,” ACS Nano, vol. 4, no. 4, pp. 2210–2216, 2010.
- F. Muench, U. Kunz, C. Neetzel, S. Lauterbach, H. J. Kleebe, and W. Ensinger, “4-(dimethylamino)pyridine as a powerful auxiliary reagent in the electroless synthesis of gold nanotubes,” Langmuir, vol. 27, no. 1, pp. 430–435, 2011.
- M. A. Sanchez-Castillo, C. Couto, W. B. Kim, and J. A. Dumesic, “Gold-nanotube membranes for the oxidation of CO at gas-water interfaces,” Angewandte Chemie—International Edition, vol. 43, no. 9, pp. 1140–1142, 2004.
- S. Yu, S. B. Lee, M. Kang, and C. R. Martin, “Size-based protein separations in poly(ethylene glycol)-derivatized gold nanotubule membranes,” Nano Letters, vol. 1, no. 9, pp. 495–498, 2001.
- R. J. Gilliam, S. J. Thorpe, and D. W. Kirk, “A nucleation and growth study of gold nanowires and nanotubes in polymeric membranes,” Journal of Applied Electrochemistry, vol. 37, no. 2, pp. 233–239, 2007.
- M. De Leo, F. C. Pereira, L. M. Moretto, P. Scopece, S. Polizzi, and P. Ugo, “Towards a better understanding of gold electroless deposition in track-etched templates,” Chemistry of Materials, vol. 19, no. 24, pp. 5955–5964, 2007.
- I. A. Abu-Isa, “Metal plating of polymeric surfaces,” Polymer-Plast Technol Eng, vol. 2, no. 1, pp. 29–65, 1973.
- P. Apel, “Track etching technique in membrane technology,” Radiation Measurements, vol. 34, no. 1—6, pp. 559–566, 2001.
- I. Lee, F. Delbecq, R. Morales, M. A. Albiter, and F. Zaera, “Tuning selectivity in catalysis by controlling particle shape,” Nature Materials, vol. 8, no. 2, pp. 132–138, 2009.
- T. K. Sau, A. L. Rogach, F. Jäckel, T. A. Klar, and J. Feldmann, “Properties and applications of colloidal nonspherical noble metal nanoparticles,” Advanced Materials, vol. 22, no. 16, pp. 1805–1825, 2010.
- Y. Xia, Y. Xiong, B. Lim, and S. E. Skrabalak, “Shape-controlled synthesis of metal nanocrystals: simple chemistry meets complex physics?” Angewandte Chemie—International Edition, vol. 48, no. 1, pp. 60–103, 2009.
- O. M. Magnussen, “Ordered anion adlayers on metal electrode surfaces,” Chemical Reviews, vol. 102, no. 3, pp. 679–725, 2002.
- T. H. Ha, H. J. Koo, and B. H. Chung, “Shape-controlled syntheses of gold nanoprisms and nanorods influenced by specific adsorption of halide ions,” Journal of Physical Chemistry C, vol. 111, no. 3, pp. 1123–1130, 2007.
- D. K. Smith, N. R. Miller, and B. A. Korgel, “Iodide in CTAB prevents gold nanorod formation,” Langmuir, vol. 25, no. 16, pp. 9518–9524, 2009.
- H. Siwek, M. Łukaszewski, and A. Czerwiński, “Electrochemical study on the adsorption of carbon oxides and oxidation of their adsorption products on platinum group metals and alloys,” Physical Chemistry Chemical Physics, vol. 10, no. 25, pp. 3752–3765, 2008.
- T. Bürgi and A. Baiker, “Heterogeneous enantioselective hydrogenation over cinchona alkaloid modified platinum: mechanistic insights into a complex reaction,” Accounts of Chemical Research, vol. 37, no. 11, pp. 909–917, 2004.
- C. J. Murphy, T. K. Sau, A. M. Gole et al., “Anisotropic metal nanoparticles: synthesis, assembly, and optical applications,” Journal of Physical Chemistry B, vol. 109, no. 29, pp. 13857–13870, 2005.
- C. R. K. Rao and D. C. Trivedi, “Chemical and electrochemical depositions of platinum group metals and their applications,” Coordination Chemistry Reviews, vol. 249, no. 5-6, pp. 613–631, 2005.
- J. R. McBride and M. P. Soriaga, “Adsorbate-catalyzed corrosion. Anodic dissolution of palladium catalyzed by chemisorbed iodine in halide-free acid solutions,” Journal of Electroanalytical Chemistry, vol. 303, no. 1-2, pp. 255–259, 1991.
- Z. Hu and T. Ritzdorf, “Cyanide- and thiourea-free electrochemical etching of gold for microelectronics applications,” Journal of the Electrochemical Society, vol. 154, no. 10, pp. D543–D549, 2007.
- G. Baltrūnas, A. Valiūnienė, J. Vienožinskis, E. Gaidamauskas, T. Jankauskas, and Ž. Margarian, “Electrochemical gold deposition from sulfite solution: application for subsequent polyaniline layer formation,” Journal of Applied Electrochemistry, vol. 38, no. 11, pp. 1519–1526, 2008.
- N. R. Jana, L. Gearheart, S. O. Obare, and C. J. Murphy, “Anisotropic chemical reactivity of gold spheroids and nanorods,” Langmuir, vol. 18, no. 3, pp. 922–927, 2002.
- H. P. Fong, Y. Wu, Y. Y. Wang, and C. C. Wan, “Electroless Cu deposition process on TiN for ULSI interconnect fabrication via Pd/Sn colloid activation,” Journal of Electronic Materials, vol. 32, no. 1, pp. 9–17, 2003.
- C. D. Iacovangelo and K. P. Zarnoch, “Substrate-catalyzed electroless gold plating,” Journal of the Electrochemical Society, vol. 138, no. 4, pp. 983–988, 1991.
- S. Hrapovic, Y. Liu, G. Enright, F. Bensebaa, and J. H. T. Luong, “New strategy for preparing thin gold films on modified glass surfaces by electroless deposition,” Langmuir, vol. 19, no. 9, pp. 3958–3965, 2003.
- G. A. Fried, Y. Zhang, and P. W. Bohn, “Effect of molecular adsorption at the liquid-metal interface on electronic conductivity: the role of surface morphology,” Thin Solid Films, vol. 401, no. 1-2, pp. 171–178, 2001.
- H. He, W. Cai, Y. Lin, and Z. Dai, “Silver porous nanotube built three-dimensional films with structural tunability based on the nanofiber template-plasma etching strategy,” Langmuir, vol. 27, no. 5, pp. 1551–1555, 2011.
- S. M. Alia, G. Zhang, D. Kisailus et al., “Porous platinum nanotubes for oxygen reduction and methanol oxidation reactions,” Advanced Functional Materials, vol. 20, no. 21, pp. 3742–3746, 2010.
- G. H. Jeong, Y. W. Lee, M. Kim, and S. W. Han, “High-yield synthesis of multi-branched gold nanoparticles and their surface-enhanced Raman scattering properties,” Journal of Colloid and Interface Science, vol. 329, no. 1, pp. 97–102, 2009.
- T. K. Sau and C. J. Murphy, “Room temperature, high-yield synthesis of multiple shapes of gold nanoparticles in aqueous solution,” Journal of the American Chemical Society, vol. 126, no. 28, pp. 8648–8649, 2004.
- C. H. Cui, H. H. Li, and S. H. Yu, “A general approach to electrochemical deposition of high quality free-standing noble metal (Pd, Pt, Au, Ag) sub-micron tubes composed of nanoparticles in polar aprotic solvent,” Chemical Communications, vol. 46, no. 6, pp. 940–942, 2010.
- E. Antolini and J. Perez, “The renaissance of unsupported nanostructured catalysts for low-temperature fuel cells: from the size to the shape of metal nanostructures,” Journal of Materials Science, vol. 46, no. 13, pp. 4435–4457, 2011.
- J. J. Boote and S. D. Evans, “Dielectrophoretic manipulation and electrical characterization of gold nanowires,” Nanotechnology, vol. 16, no. 9, pp. 1500–1505, 2005.