- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Nanomaterials
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 145380, 12 pages
Antioxidant Effects of Quercetin and Catechin Encapsulated into PLGA Nanoparticles
1Departamento de Investigación y Posgrado en Alimentos, Facultad de Química, Universidad Autónoma de Queretaro, 76010 Queretaro, Mexico
2Laboratorio de Posgrado en Tecnología Farmacéutica, División de Estudios de Posgrado, Facultad de Estudios Superiores Cuautitlán, Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México, Cuautitlán Izcalli, 54740 Estado de México, Mexico
3Departamento de Materiales Bio-orgánicos, Centro de Investigación y Estudios Avanzados del Instituto Politécnico Nacional, Unidad Queretaro, 76230 Queretaro, Mexico
4Laboratorio de Radicais Livres e Estados Excitados en Sistemas Biologicos, Departamento de Bioquímica, Universidade de São Paulo, 05508-000 São Paulo, Brazil
5Centro de Investigación y Desarrollo Tecnológico en Electroquímica S.C., Pedro Escobedo, 76703 Querétaro, Mexico
Received 10 January 2012; Revised 5 July 2012; Accepted 9 July 2012
Academic Editor: Marinella Striccoli
Copyright © 2012 Hector Pool et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [35 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Suraya Jabeen, Oyais Ahmad Chat, Ghulam Mohammad Rather, and Aijaz Ahmad Dar, “Investigation of antioxidant activity of Quercetin (2-(3, 4-dihydroxyphenyl)-3,5,7-trihydroxy-4H-chromen-4-one) in aqueous micellar media,” Food Research International, vol. 51, no. 1, pp. 294–302, 2013.
- Sneha Sahu, Swarnlata Saraf, Chanchal Deep Kaur, and Shailendra Saraf, “Biocompatible Nanoparticles for Sustained Topical Delivery of Anticancer Phytoconstituent Quercetin,” Pakistan Journal of Biological Sciences, vol. 16, no. 13, pp. 601–609, 2013.
- Priya Vashisth, Kumar Nikhil, Suma C. Pemmaraju, Parul A. Pruthi, Vivekanand Mallick, Harmeet Singh, Alok Patel, Narayan C. Mishra, Rajesh P. Singh, and Vikas Pruthi, “Antibiofilm activity of quercetin-encapsulated cytocompatible nanofibers against Candida albicans,” Journal of Bioactive and Compatible Polymers, vol. 28, no. 6, pp. 652–665, 2013.
- Catarina Pinto Reis, Ana Gomes, Marina Baptista, Nuno Martinho, Lia Ascensao, Patricia Rijo, Sara Candeias, and Pedro Pinto, “Development and Evaluation of a Novel Topical Treatment for Acne with Azelaic Acid-Loaded Nanoparticles,” Microscopy And Microanalysis, vol. 19, no. 5, pp. 1141–1150, 2013.
- Milad Fathi, Maryam Mirlohi, Jaleh Varshosaz, and Golnoosh Madani, “Novel Caffeic Acid Nanocarrier: Production, Characterization, and Release Modeling,” Journal of Nanomaterials, vol. 2013, pp. 1–9, 2013.
- M. Roussaki, A. Gaitanarou, P.Ch. Diamanti, S. Vouyiouka, C. Papaspyrides, P. Kefalas, and A. Detsi, “Encapsulation of the natural antioxidant aureusidin in biodegradable PLA nanoparticles,” Polymer Degradation and Stability, 2014.
- Larissa M. Silva, Laura E. Hill, Evania Figueiredo, and Carmen L. Gomes, “Delivery of Phytochemicals of Tropical Fruit By-products Using Poly (DL-lactide-co-glycolide) (PLGA) Nanoparticles: Synthesis, Characterization, and Antimicrobial Activity,” Food Chemistry, 2014.
- Marthyna P. Souza, Antonio F. M. Vaz, Maria T. S. Correia, Miguel A. Cerqueira, Antonio A. Vicente, and Maria G. Carneiro-da-Cunha, “Quercetin-Loaded Lecithin/Chitosan Nanoparticles for Functional Food Applications,” Food and Bioprocess Technology, vol. 7, no. 4, pp. 1149–1159, 2014.
- Singireddy Anandam, and Subramanian Selvamuthukumar, “Fabrication of cyclodextrin nanosponges for quercetin delivery: physicochemical characterization, photostability, and antioxidant effects,” Journal of Materials Science, vol. 49, no. 23, pp. 8140–8153, 2014.
- Shu-Huei Yu, Min-Lang Tsai, Bo-Xian Lin, Cheng-Wei Lin, and Fwu-Long Mi, “Tea catechins-cross-linked methylcellulose active films for inhibition of light irradiation and lipid peroxidation induced β-carotene degradation,” Food Hydrocolloids, 2014.
- Md Khalid Anwer, Shahid Jamil, Mohammad Javed Ansari, Ramadan Al-Shdefat, Bahaa E. Ali, Majid Ahmad Ganaie, Maged S. Abdel-Kader, and Faiyaz Shakeel, “Water soluble binary and ternary complexes of diosmin with β-cyclodextrin: Spectroscopic characterization, release studies and anti-oxidant activity,” Journal of Molecular Liquids, vol. 199, pp. 35–41, 2014.
- L.C. Machado, V.B. Pelegati, and A.L. Oliveira, “Study of simple microparticles formation of limonene in modified starch using PGSS - particles from gas-saturated suspensions,” The Journal of Supercritical Fluids, 2015.
- Chuan Li, Jia Zhang, Yu-Jiao Zu, Shu-Fang Nie, Jun Cao, Qian Wang, Shao-Ping Nie, Ze-Yuan Deng, Ming-Yong Xie, and Shu Wang, “Biocompatible and biodegradable nanoparticles for enhancement of anti-cancer activities of phytochemicals,” Chinese Journal of Natural Medicines, vol. 13, no. 9, pp. 641–652, 2015.
- Roxana-Elena Ghitescu, Ana-Maria Popa, Valentin I. Popa, Rene M. Rossi, and Giuseppino Fortunato, “Encapsulation of polyphenols into pHEMA e-spun fibers and determination of their antioxidant activities,” International Journal of Pharmaceutics, 2015.
- Guadalupe Ferreira, Angel R. Hernandez-Martinez, Hector Pool, Gustavo Molina, Martha Cruz-Soto, Gabriel Luna, and Miriam Estevez, “Synthesis and Functionalization of Silica-Based Nanoparticles with Fluorescent Biocompounds Extracted from Eysenhardtia Polystachya for Biological Applications,” Materials Science and Engineering: C, 2015.
- Ana Raquel Madureira, Adriana Pereira, Pedro M. Castro, and Manuela Pintado, “Production of antimicrobial chitosan nanoparticles against food pathogens,” Journal of Food Engineering, 2015.
- R. Arrigo, N. Tz. Dintcheva, M. Guenzi, C. Gambarotti, G. Filippone, S. Coiai, and S. Carroccio, “Thermo-oxidative resistant nanocomposites containing novel hybrid-nanoparticles based on natural polyphenol and carbon nanotubes,” Polymer Degradation and Stability, vol. 115, pp. 129–137, 2015.
- Ying Liu, and Nianping Feng, “Nanocarriers for the delivery of active ingredients and fractions extracted from natural products used in traditional Chinese medicine (TCM),” Advances in Colloid and Interface Science, 2015.
- Sanjeev K. Pandey, Dinesh K. Patel, Ravi Thakur, Durga P. Mishra, Pralay Maiti, and Chandana Haldar, “Anti-cancer evaluation of quercetin embedded PLA nanoparticles synthesized by emulsified nanoprecipitation,” International Journal Of Biological Macromolecules, vol. 75, pp. 521–529, 2015.
- Tülin Arasoglu, Serap Derman, and Banu Mansuroglu, “Comparative evaluation of antibacterial activity of caffeic acid phenethyl ester and PLGA nanoparticle formulation by different methods,” Nanotechnology, vol. 27, no. 2, pp. 025103, 2015.
- Ana Raquel Madureira, Adriana Pereira, and Manuela Pintado, “Chitosan nanoparticles loaded with 2,5-dihydroxybenzoic acid and protocatechuic acid: properties and digestion,” Journal of Food Engineering, 2015.
- Marysol Aceituno-Medina, Sandra Mendoza, Beatriz A. Rodríguez, José María Lagaron, and Amparo López-Rubio, “Improved antioxidant capacity of quercetin and ferulic acid during in-vitro digestion through encapsulation within food-grade electrospun fibers,” Journal of Functional Foods, vol. 12, pp. 332–341, 2015.
- Piyasi Mukhopadhyay, and A. K. Prajapati, “Quercetin in anti-diabetic research and strategies for improved quercetin bioavailability using polymer-based carriers – a review,” RSC Adv., vol. 5, no. 118, pp. 97547–97562, 2015.
- Mayur Bagad, and Zaved Ahmed Khan, “Poly(n-butylcyanoacrylate) nanoparticles for oral delivery of quercetin: preparation, characterization, and pharmacokinetics and biodistribution studi,” International Journal Of Nanomedicine, vol. 10, pp. 3921–3935, 2015.
- Ashay Jain, Prashant Kesharwani, Neeraj Kumar Garg, Atul Jain, Pradip Nirbhavane, Nitin Dwivedi, Sanjeev Banerjee, Arun K. Iyer, and Mohd Cairul Iqbal Mohd Amin, “Nano-constructed Carriers Loaded With Antioxidant: Boon For Cardiovascular System,” Current Pharmaceutical Design, vol. 21, no. 30, pp. 4456–4464, 2015.
- Sedef Ilk, Necdet Saglam, and Mustafa Özgen, “Kaempferol loaded lecithin/chitosan nanoparticles: preparation, characterization, and their potential applications as a sustainable antifungal agent,” Artificial Cells, Nanomedicine, and Biotechnology, pp. 1–10, 2016.
- Osvaldo Valarini Junior, João Henrique Dantas, Carlos Eduardo Barão, Everton Fernando Zanoelo, Lúcio Cardozo-Filho, and Flávio Faria de Moraes, “Formation of inclusion compounds of (+)Catechin with β-Cyclodextrin in different complexation media: spectral, thermal and antioxidant properties,” The Journal of Supercritical Fluids, 2016.
- Hui-yun Zhang, Caleb Kesse Firempong, Yuan-wen Wang, Wen-qian Xu, Miao-miao Wang, Xia Cao, Yuan Zhu, Shan-shan Tong, Jiang-nan Yu, and Xi-ming Xu, “Ergosterol-loaded poly(lactide-co-glycolide) nanoparticles with enhanced in vitro antitumor activity and oral bioavailability,” Acta Pharmacologica Sinica, 2016.
- Priya Vashisth, Rajesh P. Singh, and Vikas Pruthi, “A controlled release system for quercetin from biodegradable poly(lactide-co-glycolide)-polycaprolactone nanofibers and its in vitro antitumor activit,” Journal Of Bioactive And Compatible Polymers, vol. 31, no. 3, pp. 260–272, 2016.
- Xiu-Lan Yang, Xiao-Jie Ju, Xiao-Ting Mu, Wei Wang, Rui Xie, Zhuang Liu, and Liang-Yin Chu, “Core–Shell Chitosan Microcapsules for Programmed Sequential Drug Release,” ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces, 2016.
- Hayde Vergara-Castañeda, Angel R. Hernandez-Martinez, Miriam Estevez, Sandra Mendoza, Gabriel Luna-Barcenas, and Héctor Pool, “Quercetin conjugated silica particles as novel biofunctional hybrid materials for biological applications,” Journal of Colloid and Interface Science, vol. 466, pp. 44–55, 2016.
- Ana C. G. Moreira, Isabel M. Martins, Isabel Fernandes, Maria F. Barreiro, and Alírio E. Rodrigues, “Microencapsulation of red and white thyme oil in poly(lactic-co-glycolic) acid: Assessment of encapsulation efficiency and antimicrobial capacity of the produced microcapsules,” The Canadian Journal of Chemical Engineering, vol. 94, no. 3, pp. 469–475, 2016.
- Srilekha Sarkar Das, Anne D. Lucas, Alan S. Carlin, Jiwen Zheng, Dinesh V. Patwardhan, and David M. Saylor, “Controlled initial surge despite high drug fraction and high solubility,” Pharmaceutical Development and Technology, pp. 1–10, 2016.
- Ju-Suk Nam, Ashish Sharma, Lich Nguyen, Chiranjib Chakraborty, Garima Sharma, and Sang-Soo Lee, “Application of Bioactive Quercetin in Oncotherapy: From Nutrition to Nanomedicine,” Molecules, vol. 21, no. 1, pp. 108, 2016.
- Ling-Chun Chen, Ying-Chen Chen, Chia-Yu Su, Chung-Shu Hong, Hsiu-O Ho, and Ming-Thau Sheu, “Development and characterization of self-assembling lecithin-based mixed polymeric micelles containing quercetin in cancer treatment and an in vivo ph,” International Journal Of Nanomedicine, vol. 11, pp. 1557–1566, 2016.