- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Nanomaterials
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 159737, 8 pages
Design, Manufacturing, and Characterization of High-Performance Lightweight Bipolar Plates Based on Carbon Nanotube-Exfoliated Graphite Nanoplatelet Hybrid Nanocomposites
1School of Mechanical and Advanced Materials Engineering, Ulsan National Institute of Science and Technology, UNIST-gil 50, Eonyang-eup, Ulju-gun, Ulsan 689-798, Republic of Korea
2Department of Polymer Science and Engineering, Kumoh National Institute of Technology, 1 Yangho-dong, Gumi, Gyeongbuk 730-701, Republic of Korea
Received 17 June 2012; Revised 29 September 2012; Accepted 4 October 2012
Academic Editor: Jinquan Wei
Copyright © 2012 Myungsoo Kim et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- F. Panik, “Fuel cells for vehicle applications in cars—bringing the future closer,” Journal of Power Sources, vol. 71, pp. 36–38, 1998.
- S. G. Kandlikar and Z. Lu, “Thermal management issues in a PEMFC stack—a brief review of current status,” Applied Thermal Engineering, vol. 29, no. 7, pp. 1276–1280, 2009.
- S. C. Tjong, “Polymer nanocomposite bipolar plates reinforced with carbon nanotubes and graphite nanosheets,” Energy and Environmental Science, vol. 4, no. 3, pp. 605–626, 2011.
- S. Mekhilef, R. Saidur, and A. Safari, “Comparative study of different fuel cell technologies,” Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, vol. 16, pp. 981–989, 2012.
- P. Tomczyk, “MCFC versus other fuel cells-Characteristics, technologies and prospects,” Journal of Power Sources, vol. 160, no. 2, pp. 858–862, 2006.
- B. G. Pollet, “The use of ultrasound for the fabrication of fuel cell materials,” International Journal of Hydrogen Energy, vol. 35, no. 21, pp. 11986–12004, 2010.
- E. A. Cho, U. S. Jeon, H. Y. Ha, S. A. Hong, and I. H. Oh, “Characteristics of composite bipolar plates for polymer electrolyte membrane fuel cells,” Journal of Power Sources, vol. 125, no. 2, pp. 178–182, 2004.
- H. N. Yu, J. W. Lim, J. D. Suh, and D. G. Lee, “Axiomatic design of carbon composite bipolar Plates for PEMFC vehicles,” Journal of Power Sources, vol. 196, pp. 9868–9875, 2011.
- R. Blunk, F. Zhong, and J. Owens, “Automotive composite fuel cell bipolar plates: hydrogen permeation concerns,” Journal of Power Sources, vol. 159, no. 1, pp. 533–542, 2006.
- R. Blunk, M. H. Abd Elhamid, D. Lisi, and Y. Mikhail, “Polymeric composite bipolar plates for vehicle applications,” Journal of Power Sources, vol. 156, no. 2, pp. 151–157, 2006.
- S. C. Tjong, “Structural and mechanical properties of polymer nanocomposites,” Materials Science and Engineering R, vol. 53, no. 3-4, pp. 73–197, 2006.
- J. H. Du, J. Bai, and H. M. Cheng, “The present status and key problems of carbon nanotube based polymer composites,” EXPRESS Polymer Letters, vol. 1, pp. 253–273, 2007.
- D. C. Montgomery, Design and Analysis of Experiments, Wiley, Hoboken, NJ, USA, 5th edition, 2001.
- E. T. Thostenson and T. W. Chou, “On the elastic properties of carbon nanotube-based composites: modelling and characterization,” Journal of Physics D, vol. 36, no. 5, pp. 573–582, 2003.
- P. K. Mallick, Fiber-Reinforced Composites, CRC Press, Boca Raton, Fla, USA, 3rd edition, 2008.
- G. Pinto and A. K. Maaroufi, “Nonlinear electrical conductivity of tin-filled urea-formaldehyde-cellulose composites,” Polymer Composites, vol. 26, no. 3, pp. 401–406, 2005.
- G. Pinto, A. K. Maaroufi, R. Benavente, and J. M. Pereña, “Electrical conductivity of urea-formaldehyde-cellulose composites loaded with copper,” Polymer Composites, vol. 32, no. 2, pp. 193–198, 2011.
- H. Im, S. Yun, and J. Kim, “Electro conductivities of well-dispersed PMMA-g-MWNTs/6FDA-based polyimide composites: effect of chemical structure,” Polymer Composites, vol. 32, no. 3, pp. 368–377, 2011.
- Q. Zhang, H. Xiong, W. Yan, D. Chen, and M. Zhu, “Electrical conductivity and rheological behavior of multiphase polymer composites containing conducting carbon black,” Polymer Engineering and Science, vol. 48, no. 11, pp. 2090–2097, 2008.
- E. P. Mamunya, V. V. Davidenko, and E. V. Lebedev, “Percolation conductivity of polymer composites filled with dispersed conductive filler,” Polymer Composites, vol. 16, pp. 319–324, 1995.
- M. O. Lisunova, Y. P. Mamunya, N. I. Lebovka, and A. V. Melezhyk, “Percolation behaviour of ultrahigh molecular weight polyethylene/multi-walled carbon nanotubes composites,” European Polymer Journal, vol. 43, no. 3, pp. 949–958, 2007.
- S. Hänsch, R. Socher, D. Pospiech, B. Voit, K. Harre, and P. Pötschke, “Filler dispersion and electrical properties of polyamide 12/MWCNT-nanocomposites produced in reactive extrusion via anionic ring-opening polymerization,” Composites Science and Technology, vol. 72, pp. 1671–1677, 2012.
- M. T. Müller, B. Krause, and P. Pötschke, “A successful approach to disperse MWCNTs in polyethylene by melt mixing using polyethylene glycol as additive,” Polymer, vol. 53, pp. 3079–3083, 2012.
- R. Socher, B. Krause, M. T. Müller, R. Boldt, and P. Pötschke, “The influence of matrix viscosity on MWCNT dispersion and electrical properties in different thermoplastic nanocomposites,” Polymer, vol. 53, pp. 495–504, 2012.
- A. Allaoui, S. Bai, H. M. Cheng, and J. B. Bai, “Mechanical and electrical properties of a MWNT/epoxy composite,” Composites Science and Technology, vol. 62, no. 15, pp. 1993–1998, 2002.
- M. B. Heaney, “Measurement and interpretation of nonuniversal critical exponents in disordered conductor-insulator composites,” Physical Review B, vol. 52, no. 17, pp. 12477–12480, 1995.
- Y. P. Mamunya, Y. V. Muzychenko, P. Pissis, E. V. Lebedev, and M. I. Shut, “Processing, structure, and electrical properties of metal-filled polymers,” Journal of Macromolecular Science—Physics, vol. 40, no. 3-4, pp. 591–602, 2001.
- A. Celzard, G. Furdin, J. F. Marêché, E. McRae, M. Dufort, and C. Deleuze, “Anisotropic percolation in an epoxy—graphite disc composite,” Solid State Communications, vol. 92, no. 5, pp. 377–383, 1994.