- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Nanomaterials
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 173025, 7 pages
Technical Barriers and Development of Cu Wirebonding in Nanoelectronics Device Packaging
1Spansion (Penang) Sdn Bhd, Phase II Free Industrial Zone, Penang, 119900 Bayan Lepas, Malaysia
2Institute of Nanoelectronic Engineering (INEE), Universiti Malaysia Perlis, Perlis, 01000 Kangar, Malaysia
Received 26 May 2012; Accepted 30 July 2012
Academic Editor: Fathallah Karimzadeh
Copyright © 2012 C. L. Gan et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [12 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- C. L. Gan, and U. Hashim, “Reliability Assessment and Activation Energy Study of Au and Pd-Coated Cu Wires Post High Temperature Aging in Nanoscale Semiconductor Packaging,” Journal of Electronic Packaging, vol. 135, no. 2, 2013.
- Chong Leong Gan, Classe Francis, Bak Lee Chan, and Uda Hashim, “Extended reliability of gold and copper ball bonds in microelectronic packaging,” Gold Bulletin, 2013.
- C. L. Gan, and U. Hashim, “Reliability assessment and mechanical characterization of Cu and Au ball bonds in BGA package,” Journal of Materials Science: Materials in Electronics, 2013.
- Gan Chong Leong, and Hashim Uda, “Comparative Reliability Studies and Analysis of Au, Pd-Coated Cu and Pd-Doped Cu Wire in Microelectronics Packaging,” Plos One, vol. 8, no. 11, 2013.
- C. L. Gan, E. K. Ng, B. L. Chan, F. C. Classe, T. Kwuanjai, and U. Hashim, “Wearout Reliability and Intermetallic Compound Diffusion Kinetics of Au and PdCu Wires Used in Nanoscale Device Packaging,” Journal Of Nanomaterials, 2013.
- Chong Leong Gan, Uda Hashim, and Francis Classe, “Superior performance and reliability of copper wire ball bonding in laminate substrate based ball grid array,” Microelectronics International, vol. 30, no. 3, pp. 169–175, 2013.
- C. L. Gan, and U. Hashim, “Influence of shear strength on long term biased humidity reliability of Cu ball bonds,” Journal of Materials Science: Materials in Electronics, 2014.
- Chong Leong Gan, Francis Classe, Bak Lee Chan, and Uda Hashim, “Future and technical considerations of gold wirebonding in semiconductor packaging – a technical review,” Microelectronics International: An International Journal, vol. 31, no. 2, pp. 121–128, 2014.
- C. L. Gan, F. C. Classe, B. L. Chan, and U. Hashim, “Evolution and investigation of copper and gold ball bonds in extended reliability stressing,” Gold Bulletin, 2014.
- C. L. Gan, F. C. Classe, B. L. Chan, and U. Hashim, “Effects of Bonding Wires and Epoxy Molding Compound on Gold and Copper Ball Bonds Intermetallic Growth Kinetics in Electronic Packaging,” Journal of Electronic Materials, 2014.
- Qi-jing Lin, Weixuan Jing, Shu-ming Yang, Zhuang-de Jiang, and Chen-ying Wang, “Agglomeration and Dendritic Growth of Cu/Ti/Si Thin Film,” Journal of Nanomaterials, vol. 2014, pp. 1–8, 2014.
- Chong Leong Gan, and U. Hashim, “Evolutions of bonding wires used in semiconductor electronics: perspective over 25 years,” Journal of Materials Science: Materials in Electronics, 2015.