- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Journal of Nanomaterials
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 173825, 4 pages
Facile Synthesis of Porous-Structured Nickel Oxide Thin Film by Pulsed Laser Deposition
1Low Dimensional Materials Research Center, Department of Physics, Faculty of Science, University of Malaya, 50603 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
2Department of Physics, Faculty of Science, University of Putra Malaysia, Selangor Darul Ehsan, Malaysia
3Department of Chemistry, Faculty of Science, University of Putra Malaysia, Selangor Darul Ehsan, Malaysia
4The Chancellery Building, Multimedia University, Persiaran Multimedia, Selangor Darul Ehsan 63100 Cyberjaya, Malaysia
5Department of physics, Islamic Azad University, Masjed-Soleiman Branch, Masjed-Soleiman 64917-96581, Iran
Received 24 July 2012; Revised 7 September 2012; Accepted 13 September 2012
Academic Editor: Zhenhui Kang
Copyright © 2012 Siamak Pilban Jahromi et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- P. Justin, S. K. Meher, and G. R. Rao, “Tuning of capacitance behavior of nio using anionic, cationic, and nonionic surfactants by hydrothermal synthesis,” The Journal of Physical Chemistry C, vol. 114, no. 11, pp. 5203–5210, 2010.
- X. H. Xia, J. P. Tu, J. Zhang, X. L. Wang, W. K. Zhang, and H. Huang, “A highly porous NiO/polyaniline composite film prepared by combining chemical bath deposition and electro-polymerization and its electrochromic performance,” Nanotechnology, vol. 19, no. 46, Article ID 465701, 2008.
- J. S. E. M. Svensson and C. G. Granqvist, “Electrochromic hydrated nickel oxide coatings for energy efficient windows: optical properties and coloration mechanism,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 49, no. 23, pp. 1566–1568, 1986.
- P. Poizot, S. Laruelle, S. Grugeon, L. Dupont, and J. M. Tarascon, “Nano-sized transition-metal oxides as negative-electrode materials for lithium-ion batteries,” Nature, vol. 407, no. 6803, pp. 496–499, 2000.
- D. Wang, R. Xu, X. Wang, and Y. Li, “NiO nanorings and their unexpected catalytic property for CO oxidation,” Nanotechnology, vol. 17, no. 4, pp. 979–983, 2006.
- K. K. Purushothaman and G. Muralidharan, “Enhanced electrochromic performance of nanoporous NiO films,” Materials Science in Semiconductor Processing, vol. 14, no. 1, pp. 78–83, 2011.
- M. S. Wu, C. H. Yang, and M. J. Wang, “Morphological and structural studies of nanoporous nickel oxide films fabricated by anodic electrochemical deposition techniques,” Electrochimica Acta, vol. 54, no. 2, pp. 155–161, 2008.
- X. Wang, L. Li, Y. Zhang, S. Wang, Z. Zhang, and L. Fei, “High-yield synthesis of NiO nanoplatelets and their excellent electrochemical performance,” Crystal Growth & Design, vol. 6, no. 9, pp. 2163–2165, 2006.
- M. Y. Ge, L. Y. Han, U. Wiedwald et al., “Monodispersed NiO nanoflowers with anomalous magnetic behavior,” Nanotechnology, vol. 21, no. 42, Article ID 425702, 2010.
- I. Bouessay, A. Rougier, P. Poizot, J. Moscovici, A. Michalowicz, and J. M. Tarascon, “Electrochromic degradation in nickel oxide thin film: a self-discharge and dissolution phenomenon,” Electrochimica Acta, vol. 50, no. 18, pp. 3737–3745, 2005.
- U. S. Joshi, R. Takahashi, Y. Matsumoto, and H. Koinuma, “Structure of NiO and Li-doped NiO single crystalline thin layers with atomically flat surface,” Thin Solid Films, vol. 486, no. 1-2, pp. 214–217, 2005.
- S. H. Phark, Y. J. Chang, T. W. Noh, and J. S. Kim, “Initial stages of nickel oxide growth on Ag(001) by pulsed laser deposition,” Physical Review B, vol. 80, no. 3, 8 pages, 2009.
- H. W. Wang, Y. L. Wang, and X. F. Wang, “Pulsed laser deposition of the porous nickel oxide thin film at room temperature for high-rate pseudocapacitive energy storage,” Electrochemistry Communications, vol. 18, pp. 92–95, 2012.
- R. H. Corros, “On the high-temperature oxidation of nickel,” Science, vol. 45, pp. 211–235, 2003.
- X. H. Xia, J. P. Tu, J. Zhang, X. L. Wang, W. K. Zhang, and H. Huang, “Morphology effect on the electrochromic and electrochemical performances of NiO thin films,” Electrochimica Acta, vol. 53, no. 18, pp. 5721–5724, 2008.
- D. S. Dalavi, M. J. Suryavanshi, D. S. Patil et al., “Nanoporous nickel oxide thin films and its improved electrochromic performance: effect of thickness,” Applied Surface Science, vol. 257, no. 7, pp. 2647–2656, 2011.
- W. Xing, F. Li, Z. F. Yan, and G. Q. Lu, “Synthesis and electrochemical properties of mesoporous nickel oxide,” Journal of Power Sources, vol. 134, no. 2, pp. 324–330, 2004.
- H. Kyung and C. K. Kim, “Design of amorphous magnetic materials for high frequency sensors based upon permalloy characteristics,” Materials Science and Engineering B, vol. 76, no. 3, pp. 173–183, 2000.
- P. Kofstad, “On the formation of porosity and microchannels in growing scales,” Oxidation of Metals, vol. 24, no. 5-6, pp. 265–276, 1985.
- H. L. Chen, Y. M. Lu, and W. S. Hwang, “Thickness dependence of electrical and optical properties of sputtered nickel oxide films,” Thin Solid Films, vol. 498, no. 1-2, pp. 266–270, 2006.
- M.-S. Wu and C.-H. Yang, “Electrochromic properties of intercrossing nickel oxide nanoflakes synthesized by electrochemically anodic deposition,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 91, 2007.