- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Nanomaterials
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 215978, 6 pages
Characterization of Mechanical Properties: Low-Density Polyethylene Nanocomposite Using Nanoalumina Particle as Filler
1Department of Mechanical Engineering, Faculty of Engineering, University of Malaya, 50603 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
2Department of Chemical and Environmental Engineering, Faculty of Engineering, Universiti Putra Malaysia, Selangor, 43400 Serdang, Malaysia
3Institute of Tropical Forestry and Forest Product, Universiti Putra Malaysia, Selangor, 43400 Serdang, Malaysia
4Department of Chemistry, Faculty of Science, Universiti Putra Malaysia, Selangor, 43400 Serdang, Malaysia
5Radiation Processing Technology Division, Malaysian Nuclear Agency, Bangi, 43000 Kajang, Malaysia
Received 2 July 2012; Revised 21 September 2012; Accepted 6 October 2012
Academic Editor: Fathallah Karimzadeh
Copyright © 2012 Ching Yern Chee et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- Y. C. Ching and I. I. Yaacob, “Effect of polyurethane/nanosilica composites coating on thermo-mechanical properties of polyethylene film,” Materials Technology, vol. 27, no. 1, pp. 113–115, 2012.
- Y. C. Ching, C. Y. Chen, and I. I. Yaacob, “Weathering resistance of solventborne polyurethane/nanosilica composite,” Advanced Science Letters, vol. 12, no. 1, pp. 165–169, 2012.
- A. Lagashetty and A. Venkataraman, “Polymer nanocomposites,” Resonance, pp. 49–60, 2005.
- C. Y. Chee and I. I. Yaacob, “Influence of nanosilica/polyurethane composite coating on IR effectiveness and visible light transmission properties of polyethylene,” Advanced Materials Research, vol. 97–101, pp. 1669–1672, 2010.
- S. Li, S. Zhang, S. Zhou, G. Gu, and L. Wu, “Physical and optical properties of silica/polymer nanocomposite inverse opal,” Advanced Science Letters, vol. 4, no. 11-12, pp. 3445–3450, 2011.
- C. Y. Chee and I. I. Yaacob, “Influence of nano-sio2/polyamide composites coating on thermic effect and optical properties of polyethylene film,” International Journal of Modern Physics B, vol. 23, no. 6-7, pp. 1395–1400, 2009.
- C. J. Chou, A. E. Read, E. I. Garcia-Meitin, and C. P. Bosnyak, Polymer Nanocomposite, The Dow Chemical Company, Midland, Mich, USA, 2002.
- Z. Wang, J. Ruan, and D. Cui, “Advances and prospect of nanotechnology in stem cells,” Nanoscale Research Letters, vol. 4, no. 7, pp. 593–605, 2009.
- H. X. Zhao and K. Y. Li, “Crystallization, mechanical, and fracture behaviors of spherical alumina-filled polypropylene nanocomposites,” Journal of Polymer Science B, vol. 43, no. 24, pp. 3652–3664, 2005.
- S. Hotta and D. R. Paul, “Nanocomposites formed from linear low density polyethylene and organoclays,” Polymer, vol. 45, no. 22, pp. 7639–7654, 2004.
- A. Durmus, A. Kaşgöz, and C. W. Macosko, “Mechanical properties of linear low-density polyethylene (LLDPE)/clay nanocomposites: estimation of aspect ratio and interfacial strength by composite models,” Journal of Macromolecular Science B, vol. 47, no. 3, pp. 608–619, 2008.
- N. Mandzy, E. Grulke, and T. Druffel, “Breakage of TiO2 agglomerates in electrostatically stabilized aqueous dispersions,” Powder Technology, vol. 160, no. 2, pp. 121–126, 2005.
- E. S. A. Rashid, H. M. Akil, K. Ariffin, and C. K. Chee, “The flexural and morphological properties of α-alumina filled epoxy composites,” Malaysian Polymer Journalno, vol. 1, no. 1, pp. 25–38, 2006.
- B. Yalcin and M. Cakmak, “The role of plasticizer on the exfoliation and dispersion and fracture behavior of clay particles in PVC matrix: a comprehensive morphological study,” Polymer, vol. 45, no. 19, pp. 6623–6638, 2004.
- C. Chen, A. Wang, and L. Fei, “Effects of ultrasonic on preparation of alumina powder by wet chemical method,” Advanced Science Letters, vol. 4, no. 3, pp. 1249–1253, 2011.
- R. C. Willemse, A. Posthuma De Boer, J. Van Dam, and A. D. Gotsis, “Co-continuous morphologies in polymer blends: a new model,” Polymer, vol. 39, no. 24, pp. 5879–5887, 1998.
- C. Subramani, V. S. Jamnik, and S. T. Mhaske, “Effect of attapulgite filler on the properties of nylon-6,” Polymer Composites, vol. 29, no. 8, pp. 890–893, 2008.
- J. M. Willis, B. D. Favis, and J. Lunt, “Reactive processing of polystyrene-co-maleicanhydride/elastomer blends: processing-morphology-property relationships,” Polymer Engineering & Science, vol. 30, no. 17, pp. 1073–1084, 1990.
- H. Yang, Q. Zhang, M. Guo, C. Wang, R. Du, and Q. Fu, “Study on the phase structures and toughening mechanism in PP/EPDM/SiO2 ternary composites,” Polymer, vol. 47, no. 6, pp. 2106–2115, 2006.
- F. H. Gojny, M. H. G. Wichmann, B. Fiedler, and K. Schulte, “Influence of different carbon nanotubes on the mechanical properties of epoxy matrix composites-a comparative study,” Composites Science and Technology, vol. 65, no. 15-16, pp. 2300–2313, 2005.
- G. Y. Li, P. M. Wang, and X. Zhao, “Mechanical behavior and microstructure of cement composites incorporating surface-treated multi-walled carbon nanotubes,” Carbon, vol. 43, no. 6, pp. 1239–1245, 2005.
- R. A. Zoppi, C. R. De Castro, I. V. P. Yoshida, and S. P. Nunes, “Hybrids of SiO2 and poly(amide 6-b-ethylene oxide),” Polymer, vol. 38, no. 23, pp. 5705–5712, 1997.
- L. E. Nielsen and R. F. Landel, Mechanical Properties of Polymers and Composites, vol. 90, CRC Press, New York, NY, USA, 1994.
- K. Tohgo and T. Itoh, “Elastic and elastic-plastic singular fields around a crack-tip in particulate-reinforced composites with progressive debonding damage,” International Journal of Solids and Structures, vol. 42, no. 26, pp. 6566–6585, 2005.