- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Journal of Nanomaterials
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 216012, 8 pages
Effect of Oxide Nanoparticles on Thermal and Mechanical Properties of Electrospun Separators for Lithium-Ion Batteries
1Electrical Engineering Department, Alma Mater Studiorum-University of Bologna, Viale Risorgimento 2, 40136 Bologna, Italy
2Chemistry Department and National Consortium of Materials Science and Technology (INSTM, RU Bologna), Alma Mater Studiorum-University of Bologna, Via Selmi 2, 40126 Bologna, Italy
3Dipartimento di Scienze del Farmaco, Universitá “G. d'Annunzio”, Via dei Vestini 31, 66100 Chieti, Italy
Received 23 July 2012; Revised 20 September 2012; Accepted 1 October 2012
Academic Editor: Russell E. Gorga
Copyright © 2012 Marco Zaccaria et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- J. Koryta, Principles of Electrochemistry, John Wiley & Sons, New York, NY, USA, 2nd edition, 1993.
- S. S. Zhang, “A review on the separators of liquid electrolyte Li-ion batteries,” Journal of Power Sources, vol. 164, no. 1, pp. 351–364, 2007.
- P. Arora and Z. Zhang, “Battery separators,” Chemical Reviews, vol. 104, no. 10, pp. 4419–4462, 2004.
- Y. J. Kim, C. H. Ahn, and M. O. Choi, “Effect of thermal treatment on the characteristics of electrospun PVDF-silica composite nanofibrous membrane,” European Polymer Journal, vol. 46, no. 10, pp. 1957–1965, 2010.
- P. van de Witte, P. J. Dijkstra, J. W. A. van den Berg, and J. Feijen, “Phase separation processes in polymer solutions in relation to membrane formation,” Journal of Membrane Science, vol. 117, no. 1-2, pp. 1–31, 1996.
- Y. H. Liao, X. P. Li, C. H. Fu et al., “Polypropylene-supported and nano-Al2O3 doped poly(ethylene oxide)-poly(vinylidene fluoride-hexafluoropropylene)-based gel electrolyte for lithium ion batteries,” Journal of Power Sources, vol. 196, no. 4, pp. 2115–2121, 2011.
- K. M. Kim, J. M. Ko, N. G. Park, K. S. Ryu, and S. H. Chang, “Characterization of poly(vinylidenefluoride-co-hexafluoropropylene)-based polymer electrolyte filled with rutile TiO2 nanoparticles,” Solid State Ionics, vol. 161, no. 1-2, pp. 121–131, 2003.
- G. Derrien, J. Hassoun, S. Sacchetti, and S. Panero, “Nanocomposite PEO-based polymer electrolyte using a highly porous, super acid zirconia filler,” Solid State Ionics, vol. 180, no. 23-25, pp. 1267–1271, 2009.
- J. K. Lee, Y. J. Lee, W. S. Chae, and Y. M. Sung, “Enhanced ionic conductivity in PEO-LiClO4 hybrid electrolytes by structural modification,” Journal of Electroceramics, vol. 17, no. 2–4, pp. 941–944, 2006.
- L. Yan, Y. S. Li, and C. B. Xiang, “Preparation of poly(vinylidene fluoride)(pvdf) ultrafiltration membrane modified by nano-sized alumina (Al2O3) and its antifouling research,” Polymer, vol. 46, no. 18, pp. 7701–7706, 2005.
- P. Vickraman and V. Senthilkumar, “A study on the role of BaTiO3 in lithum bis(perfluoroethanesulfonyl)imide-based PVDF-HFP nanocomposites,” Ionics, vol. 16, no. 8, pp. 763–768, 2010.
- M. Walkowiak, M. Osińska, T. Jesionowski, and K. Siwińska-Stefańska, “Synthesis and characterization of a new hybrid TiO2/SiO2 filler for lithium conducting gel electrolytes,” Central European Journal of Chemistry, vol. 8, no. 6, pp. 1311–1317, 2010.
- F. Croce, G. B. Appetecchi, L. Persi, and B. Scrosati, “Nanocomposite polymer electrolytes for lithium batteries,” Nature, vol. 394, no. 6692, pp. 456–458, 1998.
- S. Ramakrishna, K. Fujihara, W. E. Teo, T. C. Lim, and Z. Ma, An Introduction to Electrospinning and Nanofibers, World Scientific, River Edge, NJ, USA, 2005.
- F. Croce, M. L. Focarete, J. Hassoun, I. Meschini, and B. Scrosati, “A safe, high-rate and high-energy polymer lithium-ion battery based on gelled membranes prepared by electrospinning,” Energy and Environmental Science, vol. 4, no. 3, pp. 921–927, 2011.
- M. Rao, X. Geng, Y. Liao, S. Hu, and W. Li, “Preparation and performance of gel polymer electrolyte based on electrospun polymer membrane and ionic liquid for lithium ion battery,” Journal of Membrane Science, vol. 399-400, pp. 37–42, 2012.
- A. I. Gopalan, P. Santhosh, K. M. Manesh et al., “Development of electrospun PVdF-PAN membrane-based polymer electrolytes for lithium batteries,” Journal of Membrane Science, vol. 325, no. 2, pp. 683–690, 2008.
- Y. Liang, L. Ji, B. Guo et al., “Preparation and electrochemical characterization of ionic-conducting lithium lanthanum titanate oxide/polyacrylonitrile submicron composite fiber-based lithium-ion battery separators,” Journal of Power Sources, vol. 196, no. 1, pp. 436–441, 2011.
- Y. Ding, P. Zhang, Z. Long, Y. Jiang, F. Xu, and W. Di, “Preparation of PVdF-based electrospun membranes and their application as separators,” Science and Technology of Advanced Materials, vol. 9, no. 1, Article ID 015005, 4 pages, 2008.
- S. H. Tan, R. Inai, M. Kotaki, and S. Ramakrishna, “Systematic parameter study for ultra-fine fiber fabrication via electrospinning process,” Polymer, vol. 46, no. 16, pp. 6128–6134, 2005.
- T. Tanaka, “Interface properties and surface erosion resistance,” in Dielectric Polymer Nanocomposites, K. Nelson, Ed., pp. 229–258, Springer, New York, NY, USA, 2010.
- J. W. Kim, W. J. Cho, and C. S. Ha, “Morphology, crystalline structure, and properties of poly(vinylidene fluoride)/silica hybrid composites,” Journal of Polymer Science B, vol. 40, no. 1, pp. 19–30, 2002.