- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Nanomaterials
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 250364, 7 pages
Thermal Effect of Ceramic Nanofiller Aluminium Nitride on Polyethylene Properties
1Department of Chemical Engineering, King Fahd University of Petroleum and Minerals, P.O. Box 5050, Dhahran 31261, Saudi Arabia
2Center of Research Excellence in Nanotechnology, King Fahd University of Petroleum and Minerals, Dhahran 31261, Saudi Arabia
3Polymers Research, Operations & Maintenance, Saudi Basic Industries Corporation, Riyadh 13244, Saudi Arabia
4Center of Research Excellence in Petroleum Refining and Petrochemicals (CoRE-PRP), King Fahd University of Petroleum and Minerals, Dhahran 31261, Saudi Arabia
Received 2 June 2012; Accepted 2 July 2012
Academic Editor: Chunyi Zhi
Copyright © 2012 Omer Bin Sohail et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- S. C. Moreira and M. D. F. V. Marques, “Polyethylene synthesis using zeolite as support for metallocene catalyst,” European Polymer Journal, vol. 37, no. 10, pp. 2123–2130, 2001.
- F. López-Linares, A. D. Barrios, H. Ortega, A. Karam, G. Agrifoglio, and E. González, “Modification of polyethylene polydispersity by blending a ziegler-natta catalyst with a group of IV-half metallocene or scorpionate complexes,” Journal of Molecular Catalysis A, vol. 179, no. 1-2, pp. 87–92, 2002.
- M. Jezequel, V. Dufaud, M. J. Ruiz-Garcia et al., “Supported metallocene catalysts by surface organometallic chemistry. Synthesis, characterization, and reactivity in ethylene polymerization of oxide-supported mono- and biscyclopentadienyl zirconium alkyl complexes: establishment of structure/reactivity relationships,” Journal of the American Chemical Society, vol. 123, no. 15, pp. 3520–3540, 2001.
- R. Van Grieken, A. Carrero, I. Suarez, and B. Paredes, “Ethylene polymerization over supported MAO/(nBuCp)2ZrCl2 catalysts: influence of support properties,” European Polymer Journal, vol. 43, no. 4, pp. 1267–1277, 2007.
- C. Covarrubias and R. Quijada, “High catalytic activity of SBA-15-supported metallocene toward ethylene polymerization: the effect of the ordered porous structure of the support,” Catalysis Communications, vol. 10, no. 6, pp. 995–1001, 2009.
- P. A. Zapata, R. Quijada, I. Lieberwirth, and H. Palza, “Synthetic layered and tube-like silica nanoparticles as novel supports for metallocene catalysts in ethylene polymerization,” Applied Catalysis A, vol. 407, no. 1-2, pp. 181–187, 2011.
- K.-J. Chu, C. Li Pi Shan, J. B. P. Soares, and A. Penlidis, “Copolymerization of ethylehe and 1-hexene with in-situ supported Et[Ind]2ZrCl2,” Macromolecular Chemistry and Physics, vol. 200, no. 10, pp. 2372–2376, 1999.
- W. Owpradit and B. Jongsomjit, “A comparative study on synthesis of LLDPE/TiO2 nanocomposites using different TiO2 by in situ polymerization with zirconocene/dMMAO catalyst,” Materials Chemistry and Physics, vol. 112, no. 3, pp. 954–961, 2008.
- T. S. Halbach and R. Mülhaupt, “Boehmite-based polyethylene nanocomposites prepared by in-situ polymerization,” Polymer, vol. 49, no. 4, pp. 867–876, 2008.
- M. C. Kuo, C. M. Tsai, J. C. Huang, and M. Chen, “PEEK composites reinforced by nano-sized SiO2 and A12O3Os particulates,” Materials Chemistry and Physics, vol. 90, no. 1, pp. 185–195, 2005.
- C. Desharun, B. Jongsomjit, and P. Praserthdam, “Study of LLDPE/alumina nanocomposites synthesized by in situ polymerization with zirconocene/d-MMAO catalyst,” Catalysis Communications, vol. 9, no. 4, pp. 522–528, 2008.
- B. Jongsomjit, J. Panpranot, M. Okada, T. Shiono, and P. Praserthdam, “Characteristics of LLDPE/ZrO2 nanocomposite synthesized by in-situ polymerization using a zirconocene/MAO catalyst,” Iranian Polymer Journal, vol. 15, no. 5, pp. 433–439, 2006.
- I. Krupa, I. Novák, and I. Chodák, “Electrically and thermally conductive polyethylene/graphite composites and their mechanical properties,” Synthetic Metals, vol. 145, no. 2-3, pp. 245–252, 2004.
- R. K. Gupta and E. Kennel, Polymer Nano-composite Handbook, CRC Press, Boca Raton, Fla, USA, 2010.
- H. Ishida and S. Rimdusit, “Very high thermal conductivity obtained by boron nitride-filled polybenzoxazine,” Thermochimica Acta, vol. 320, no. 1-2, pp. 177–186, 1998.
- M. Philipp, P. C. Gervais, R. Sanctuary et al., “Effect of mixing sequence on the curing of amine-hardened epoxy/alumina nanocomposites as assessed by optical refractometry,” Express Polymer Letters, vol. 2, no. 8, pp. 546–552, 2008.
- E. Kamseu, B. Nait-Ali, M. C. Bignozzi, C. Leonelli, S. Rossignol, and D. S. Smith, “Bulk composition and microstructure dependence of effective thermal conductivity of porous inorganic polymer cements,” Journal of the European Ceramic Society, vol. 32, no. 8, pp. 1593–1603, 2012.
- A. S. Luyt, J. A. Molefi, and H. Krump, “Thermal, mechanical and electrical properties of copper powder filled low-density and linear low-density polyethylene composites,” Polymer Degradation and Stability, vol. 91, no. 7, pp. 1629–1636, 2006.
- Y. Xu, D. D. L. Chung, and C. Mroz, “Thermally conducting aluminum nitride polymer-matrix composites,” Composites A, vol. 32, no. 12, pp. 1749–1757, 2001.
- J. H. Yu, J. K. Duan, W. Y. Peng, L. C. Wang, P. Peng, and P. K. Jiang, “Influence of nano-ALN particles on thermal conductivity, thermal stability and cure behavior of cycloaliphatic epoxy/trimethacrylate system,” Express Polymer Letters, vol. 5, no. 2, pp. 132–141, 2011.
- F. Y. C. Boey, X. L. Song, C. Y. Yue, and Q. Zhao, “Effect of AlN fillers on the properties of a modified bismaleimide resin,” Journal of Materials Processing Technology, vol. 89-90, pp. 437–439, 1999.
- S. Yu, P. Hing, and X. Hu, “Thermal conductivity of polystyrene-aluminum nitride composite,” Composites A, vol. 33, no. 2, pp. 289–292, 2002.
- G. Pal and H. Mackasy, Plastics Their Behaviour in Fires, Acta Polymerica, Akademie Verlag GmbH, Berlin, Germany, 1991.
- J. Troitzsch, International Plastics Flammability Handbook, Hanser, 2nd edition, 1990.
- S. H. A. Kaleel, B. K. Bahuleyan, S. K. De, M. J. Khan, R. Sougrat, and M.A. Al-Harthi, “Effect of Mn doped-titania on the activity of metallocene catalyst by in situ ethylene polymerization,” Journal of Industrial and Engineering Chemistry, vol. 18, no. 5, pp. 1836–1840, 2012.
- A. R Horrocks and K. Price, Fire Retardant Materials, CRC Press, Boston, Mass, USA, 2001.
- J. E. Mark, Physical Properties of Polymers, Handbook AIP, Woodbury, 1996.
- W. Zhou, “Thermal and dielectric properties of the AlN particles reinforced linear low-density polyethylene composites,” Thermochimica Acta, vol. 512, no. 1-2, pp. 183–188, 2011.
- D. M. Hoffman and B. M. McKinley, “Crystallinity as a selection criterion for engineering properties of high density polyethylene,” Polymer Engineering and Science, vol. 25, no. 9, pp. 562–569, 1985.
- B. K. Bahuleyan, S. De Kumar, P. U. Sarath et al., “Effect of aluminium nitride on the properties of polyethylene obtained by In situ polymerization using Ni(II) diimine complex,” Macromolecular Research, vol. 20, no. 7, pp. 772–775, 2012.
- J. Gu, Q. Zhang, J. Dang, J. Zhang, and Z. Yang, “Thermal conductivity and mechanical properties of aluminum nitride filled linear low-density polyethylene composites,” Polymer Engineering and Science, vol. 49, no. 5, pp. 1030–1034, 2009.
- A. Dasari, J. Rohrmann, and R. D. K. Misra, “On the scratch deformation of micrometric wollastonite reinforced polypropylene composites,” Materials Science and Engineering A, vol. 364, no. 1-2, pp. 357–369, 2004.
- S. H. A. Kaleel, B. K. Bahuleyan, M. J. Khan, and M. A. Al-Harthi, “Thermal and mechanical properties of polyethylene/doped-TiO2 nanocomposites synthesized using in situ polymerization,” Journal of Nanomaterials, vol. 2011, Article ID 964353, 6 pages, 2011.
- K. W. Garrett and H. M. Rosenberg, “The thermal conductivity of epoxy-resin / powder composite materials,” Journal of Physics D, vol. 7, no. 9, article 311, pp. 1247–1258, 1974.
- G. E. Youngblood, D. J. Senor, R. H. Jones, and S. Graham, “The transverse thermal conductivity of 2D-SiCf/SiC composites,” Composites Science and Technology, vol. 62, no. 9, pp. 1127–1139, 2002.
- A. Sami, E. David, and M. Frechette, “Dielectric response of high density polyethylene/SiO2 composites,” in Proceedings of the Annual Report Conference on Electrical Insulation and Dielectric Phenomena (CEIDP'10), pp. 1–4, October 2010.
- R. K. Goyal, Y. S. Negi, and A. N. Tiwari, “Preparation of high performance composites based on aluminum nitride/poly(ether-ether-ketone) and their properties,” European Polymer Journal, vol. 41, no. 9, pp. 2034–2044, 2005.
- A. Broido, “Aimple, sensitive graphical method of treating thermogravimetric analysis data,” Journal of Polymer Science A-2, vol. 7, no. 10, pp. 1761–1773, 1969.
- F. Laoutid, L. Bonnaud, M. Alexandre, J. M. Lopez-Cuesta, and P. Dubois, “New prospects in flame retardant polymer materials: from fundamentals to nanocomposites,” Materials Science and Engineering R, vol. 63, no. 3, pp. 100–125, 2009.
- B. K. Bahuleyan, M. A. Atieh, S. K. De, M. J. Khan, and M. A. Al-Harthi, “Easy one-pot method to control the morphology of polyethylene/carbon nanotube nanocomposites using metallocene catalysts,” Journal of Polymer Research, vol. 19, no. 2, Article ID 9744, 2012.
- R. Brambilla, C. Radtke, F. C. Stedile, J. H. Z. Dos Santos, and M. S. L. Miranda, “Metallocene catalyst supported on silica-magnesia xerogels for ethylene polymerization,” Applied Catalysis A, vol. 382, no. 1, pp. 106–114, 2010.