- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Journal of Nanomaterials
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 265657, 10 pages
Effect of Molecular Weight and Molar Ratio of Dextran on Self-Assembly of Dextran Stearate Polymeric Micelles as Nanocarriers for Etoposide
1Department of Pharmaceutics, Faculty of Pharmacy and Novel Drug Delivery Systems Research Center, Isfahan University of Medical Sciences, P.O. Box 81745-359, Isfahan 81746-73461, Iran
2Department of Medicinal Chemistry, Faculty of Pharmacy, Isfahan University of Medical Sciences, Isfahan 81746-73461, Iran
3Department of Biotechnology, Faculty of Pharmacy and Isfahan Pharmaceutical Sciences Research Center, Isfahan University of Medical Sciences, Isfahan 81746-73461, Iran
Received 9 May 2012; Revised 21 September 2012; Accepted 18 October 2012
Academic Editor: Jun Liu
Copyright © 2012 Jaleh Varshosaz et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- M. Bikram, C. H. Ahn, S. Y. Chae, M. Lee, J. W. Yockman, and S. W. Kim, “Biodegradable poly(ethylene glycol)-co-poly(l-lysine)-g-histidine multiblock copolymers for nonviral gene delivery,” Macromolecules, vol. 37, no. 5, pp. 1903–1916, 2004.
- V. S. Trubetskoy, “Polymeric micelles as carriers of diagnostic agents,” Advanced Drug Delivery Reviews, vol. 37, no. 1–3, pp. 81–88, 1999.
- A. Mahmud, X. B. Xiong, H. M. Aliabadi, and A. Lavasanifar, “Polymeric micelles for drug targeting,” Journal of Drug Targeting, vol. 15, no. 9, pp. 553–584, 2007.
- H. Maeda, “The enhanced permeability and retention (EPR) effect in tumor vasculature: the key role of tumor-selective macromolecular drug targeting,” Advances in Enzyme Regulation, vol. 41, pp. 189–207, 2001.
- T. Minko, P. Kopečkova, V. Pozharov, K. D. Jensen, and J. Kopeček, “The influence of cytotoxicity of macromolecules and of VEGF gene modulated vascular permeability on the enhanced permeability and retention effect in resistant solid tumors,” Pharmaceutical Research, vol. 17, no. 5, pp. 505–514, 2000.
- S. K. Hobbs, W. L. Monsky, F. Yuan et al., “Regulation of transport pathways in tumor vessels: role of tumor type and microenvironment,” Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America, vol. 95, no. 8, pp. 4607–4612, 1998.
- S. S. Dhaneshwar, M. Kandpal, N. Gairola, and S. S. Kadam, “Dextran: a promising macromolecular drug carrier,” Indian Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences, vol. 68, no. 6, pp. 705–714, 2006.
- R. J. Mumper and A. S. Hoffman, “The stabilization and release of hirudin from liposomes or lipid-assemblies coated with hydrophobically modified dextran,” AAPS PharmSciTech, vol. 1, no. 1, article 3, 2000.
- Y. Z. Du, Q. Weng, H. Yuan, and F. Q. Hu, “Synthesis and antitumor activity of stearate-g-dextran micelles for intracellular doxorubicin delivery,” ACS Nano, vol. 4, no. 11, pp. 6894–6902, 2010.
- J. P. Braybrooke, N. C. Levitt, S. Joel et al., “Pharmacokinetic study of cisplatin and infusional etoposide phosphate in advanced breast cancer with correlation of response to topoisomerase IIα expression,” Clinical Cancer Research, vol. 9, no. 13, pp. 4682–4688, 2003.
- H. S. Na, Y. K. Lim, Y. I. Jeong et al., “Combination antitumor effects of micelle-loaded anticancer drugs in a CT-26 murine colorectal carcinoma model,” International Journal of Pharmaceutics, vol. 383, no. 1-2, pp. 192–200, 2010.
- M. A. Hussain, Alternative Routes of Polysaccharide Acylation: Synthesis, Structural Analysis. Properties, Jena: Friedrich-Schiller-University, 2004.
- C. L. Zhao, M. A. Winnik, G. Riess, and M. D. Croucher, “Fluorescence probe techniques used to study micelle formation in water-soluble block copolymers,” Langmuir, vol. 6, no. 2, pp. 514–516, 1990.
- M. F. Francis, L. Lavoie, F. M. Winnik, and J. C. Leroux, “Solubilization of cyclosporin A in dextran-g-polyethyleneglycolalkyl ether polymeric micelles,” European Journal of Pharmaceutics and Biopharmaceutics, vol. 56, no. 3, pp. 337–346, 2003.
- F. Bian, L. Jia, W. Yu, and M. Liu, “Self-assembled micelles of N-phthaloylchitosan-g-polyvinylpyrrolidone for drug delivery,” Carbohydrate Polymers, vol. 76, no. 3, pp. 454–459, 2009.
- L. Liang, J. Ping, C. Ming, Z. Guoliang, and Z. Fengbao, “5-fluorouracil-loaded self-assembled pH-sensitive nanoparticles as novel drug carrier for treatment of malignant tumors,” Chinese Journal of Chemical Engineering, vol. 14, no. 3, pp. 377–382, 2006.
- S. Acharya and S. K. Sahoo, “PLGA nanoparticles containing various anticancer agents and tumour delivery by EPR effect,” Advanced Drug Delivery Reviews, vol. 63, no. 3, pp. 170–183, 2011.
- K. B. Thurmond II, H. Huang, C. G. Clark, T. Kowalewski, and K. L. Wooley, “Shell cross-linked polymer micelles: stabilized assemblies with great versatility and potential,” Colloids and Surfaces B, vol. 16, no. 1–4, pp. 45–54, 1999.
- J. Liaw, T. Aoyagi, K. Kataoka, Y. Sakurai, and T. Okano, “Visualization of PEO-PBLA-pyrene polymeric micelles by atomic force microscopy,” Pharmaceutical Research, vol. 15, no. 11, pp. 1721–1726, 1998.
- O. V. Braginskaja, V. V. Lazarev, I. N. Pershina, K. V. Petrov, L. B. Rubin, and O. V. Tikhonova, “Sodium fluorescein accumulation in cultured cells,” General Physiology and Biophysics, vol. 12, no. 5, pp. 453–464, 1993.
- A. Lamprecht and J. P. Benoit, “Etoposide nanocarriers suppress glioma cell growth by intracellular drug delivery and simultaneous P-glycoprotein inhibition,” Journal of Controlled Release, vol. 112, no. 2, pp. 208–213, 2006.