- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Nanomaterials
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 272960, 8 pages
Dry-Transfer of Aligned Multiwalled Carbon Nanotubes for Flexible Transparent Thin Films
1Electrical Engineering Division, Department of Engineering, University of Cambridge, 9 JJ Thomson Avenue, Cambridge CB3 0FA, UK
2Nokia Research Centre, Broers Building, 21 JJ Thomson Avenue, Cambridge CB3 0FA, UK
3Display Research Centre, School of Electronic Science and Engineering, Southeast University, Nanjing 210096, China
4AIXTRON Ltd., Anderson Road, Swavesey CB24 4FQ, UK
5Department of Information Display, Kyung Hee University, Seoul 130-701, Republic of Korea
Received 14 October 2011; Accepted 26 December 2011
Academic Editor: Teng Li
Copyright © 2012 Matthew Cole et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- D. Zhang, K. Ryu, X. Liu et al., “Transparent, conductive, and flexible carbon nanotube films and their application in organic light-emitting diodes,” Nano Letters, vol. 6, no. 9, pp. 1880–1886, 2006.
- K. Bradley, J. C. P. Gabriel, and G. Grüner, “Flexible nanotube electronics,” Nano Letters, vol. 3, no. 10, pp. 1353–1355, 2003.
- C. Qing, K. Hoon-sik, N. Pimparkar et al., “Medium-scale carbon nanotube thin-film integrated circuits on flexible plastic substrates,” Nature, vol. 454, no. 7203, pp. 495–500, 2008.
- W. Zhuangchun, C. Zhihong, X. Du et al., “Transparent, conductive carbon nanotube films,” Science, vol. 305, no. 5688, pp. 1273–1276, 2004.
- Y. Zhou, L. Hu, and G. Grüner, “A method of printing carbon nanotube thin films,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 88, no. 12, Article ID 123109, 2006.
- L. Hu, D. S. Hecht, and G. Gruner, “Percolation in transparent and conducting carbon nanotube networks,” Nano Letters, vol. 4, no. 12, pp. 2513–2517, 2004.
- E. Artukovic, M. Kaempgen, D. S. Hecht, S. Roth, and G. Grüner, “Transparent and flexible carbon nanotube transistors,” Nano Letters, vol. 5, no. 4, pp. 757–760, 2005.
- H. E. Unalan, G. Fanchini, A. Kanwal, A. D. Pasquier, and M. Chhowalla, “Design criteria for transparent single-wall carbon nanotube thin-film transistors,” Nano Letters, vol. 6, no. 4, pp. 677–682, 2006.
- B. B. Parekh, G. Fanchini, G. Eda, and M. Chhowalla, “Improved conductivity of transparent single-wall carbon nanotube thin films via stable postdeposition functionalization,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 90, no. 12, Article ID 121913, 2007.
- S. Hofmann, C. Ducati, B. Kleinsorge, and J. Robertson, “Direct growth of aligned carbon nanotube field emitter arrays onto plastic substrates,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 83, no. 22, pp. 4661–4663, 2003.
- S. Hofmann, C. Ducati, J. Robertson, and B. Kleinsorge, “Low-temperature growth of carbon nanotubes by plasma-enhanced chemical vapor deposition,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 83, no. 1, pp. 135–137, 2003.
- P. Beecher, P. Servati, A. Rozhin et al., “Ink-jet printing of carbon nanotube thin film transistors,” Journal of Applied Physics, vol. 102, no. 4, Article ID 043710, 2007.
- N. P. Armitage, J. C. P. Gabriel, and G. Grüner, “Quasi-Langmuir-Blodgett thin film deposition of carbon nanotubes,” Journal of Applied Physics, vol. 95, no. 6, pp. 3228–3230, 2004.
- M. A. Meitl, Y. Zhou, A. Gaur et al., “Solution casting and transfer printing single-walled carbon nanotube films,” Nano Letters, vol. 4, no. 9, pp. 1643–1647, 2004.
- M. Chhowalla, K. B. K. Teo, C. Ducati et al., “Growth process conditions of vertically aligned carbon nanotubes using plasma enhanced chemical vapor deposition,” Journal of Applied Physics, vol. 90, no. 10, pp. 5308–5317, 2001.
- Z. F. Ren and Z. P. Huang, “Synthesis of large arrays of well-aligned carbon nanotubes on glass,” Science, vol. 282, no. 5391, pp. 1105–1107, 1998.
- C. J. Strobl, C. Schäflein, U. Beierlein, J. Ebbecke, and A. Wixforth, “Carbon nanotube alignment by surface acoustic waves,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 85, no. 8, pp. 1427–1429, 2004.
- S. Bhattacharyya, E. Kymakis, and G. A. J. Amaratunga, “Photovoltaic properties of dye functionalized single-wall carbon nanotube/conjugated polymer devices,” Chemistry of Materials, vol. 16, no. 23, pp. 4819–4823, 2004.
- W. X. Chen, J. Y. Lee, and Z. Liu, “The nanocomposites of carbon nanotube with Sb and SnSb0.5 as Li-ion battery anodes,” Carbon, vol. 41, no. 5, pp. 959–966, 2003.
- C. Du, J. Yeh, and N. Pan, “High power density supercapacitors using locally aligned carbon nanotube electrodes,” Nanotechnology, vol. 16, no. 4, pp. 350–353, 2005.
- V. Gupta and N. Miura, “Polyaniline/single-wall carbon nanotube (PANI/SWCNT) composites for high performance supercapacitors,” Electrochimica Acta, vol. 52, no. 4, pp. 1721–1726, 2006.
- A. M. Rao, A. Jorio, M. A. Pimenta et al., “Polarized Raman study of aligned multiwalled carbon nanotubes,” Physical Review Letters, vol. 84, no. 8, pp. 1820–1823, 2000.
- E. F. Antunes, A. O. Lobo, E. J. Corat, and V. J. Trava-Airoldi, “Influence of diameter in the Raman spectra of aligned multi-walled carbon nanotubes,” Carbon, vol. 45, no. 5, pp. 913–921, 2007.
- B. D. Martin, N. Nikolov, S. K. Pollack et al., “Hydroxylated secondary dopants for surface resistance enhancement in transparent poly(3,4-ethylenedioxythiophene)-poly(styrenesulfonate) thin films,” Synthetic Metals, vol. 142, no. 1–3, pp. 187–193, 2004.
- F. C. Krebs and B. Winther-Jensen, “High-conductivity large-area semi-transparent electrodes for polymer photovoltaics by silk screen printing and vapour-phase deposition,” Solar Energy Materials and Solar Cells, vol. 90, no. 2, pp. 123–132, 2006.
- S. De, P. J. King, M. Lotya et al., “Flexible, transparent, conducting films of randomly stacked graphene from surfactant-stabilized, oxide-free graphene dispersions,” Small, vol. 6, no. 3, pp. 458–464, 2010.
- S. De, T. M. Higgins, P. E. Lyons et al., “Silver nanowire networks as flexible, transparent, conducting films: extremely high DC to optical conductivity ratios,” ACS Nano, vol. 3, no. 7, pp. 1767–1774, 2009.
- E. M. Doherty, S. De, P. E. Lyons et al., “The spatial uniformity and electromechanical stability of transparent, conductive films of single walled nanotubes,” Carbon, vol. 47, no. 10, pp. 2466–2473, 2009.
- L. Gao, W. Ren, J. Zhao, L. P. Ma, Z. Chen, and H. M. Cheng, “Efficient growth of high-quality graphene films on Cu foils by ambient pressure chemical vapor deposition,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 97, no. 18, Article ID 183109, 3 pages, 2010.
- R. J. Collier and D. G. Hasko, “Measurement of the sheet resistance of resistive films on thin substrates from 120 to 175 GHz using dielectric waveguides,” Journal of Applied Physics, vol. 91, no. 4, p. 2547, 2002.
- S. Bae, H. Kim, Y. Lee et al., “Roll-to-roll production of 30-inch graphene films for transparent electrodes,” Nature Nanotechnology, vol. 5, no. 8, pp. 574–578, 2010.
- C. Lee, X. Wei, J. W. Kysar, and J. Hone, “Measurement of the elastic properties and intrinsic strength of monolayer graphene,” Science, vol. 321, no. 5887, pp. 385–388, 2008.
- V. M. Pereira, A. H. Castro Neto, and N. M. R. Peres, “Tight-binding approach to uniaxial strain in graphene,” Physical Review B, vol. 80, no. 4, Article ID 045401, 8 pages, 2009.
- L. Hu, W. Yuan, P. Brochu, G. Gruner, and Q. Pei, “Highly stretchable, conductive, and transparent nanotube thin films,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 94, no. 16, Article ID 161108, 3 pages, 2009.
- Q. Zhang, P. Vichchulada, and M. D. Lay, “Effect of deposition conditions on percolation in single-walled carbon nanotube networks,” Physica Status Solidi A, vol. 207, no. 3, pp. 734–738, 2010.
- P. Vichchulada, Q. H. Zhang, et al., “Macroscopic electrical properties of ordered single-walled carbon nanotube networks,” Applied Materials Interfaces, vol. 2, pp. 467–473, 2010.
- M. Kaempgen, C. K. Chan, J. Ma, Y. Cui, and G. Gruner, “Printable thin film supercapacitors using single-walled carbon nanotubes,” Nano Letters, vol. 9, no. 5, pp. 1872–1876, 2009.