- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Nanomaterials
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 317857, 5 pages
Sonochemical Synthesis of -Doped ZnO Nanospheres with Enhanced Upconversion Photoluminescence
1State Key Laboratory of Analytical Chemistry for Life Science, School of Chemistry and Chemical Engineering, Nanjing University, Nanjing 210093, China
2Department of Chemistry, Jiangsu Institute of Education, Nanjing 210013, China
Received 24 September 2012; Accepted 8 October 2012
Academic Editor: Xiao-Miao Feng
Copyright © 2012 Jun Geng et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- Z. L. Wang and J. Song, “Piezoelectric nanogenerators based on zinc oxide nanowire arrays,” Science, vol. 312, no. 5771, pp. 243–246, 2006.
- X. Wang, X. Kong, G. Shan et al., “Luminescence spectroscopy and visible upconversion properties of in ZnO nanocrystals,” Journal of Physical Chemistry B, vol. 108, no. 48, pp. 18408–18413, 2004.
- Y. Bai, Y. Wang, K. Yang et al., “The effect of Li on the spectrum of in Li- and Er-codoped ZnO nanocrystals,” Journal of Physical Chemistry C, vol. 112, no. 32, pp. 12259–12263, 2008.
- X. Zhao, S. Komuro, H. Isshiki, Y. Aoyagi, and T. Sugano, “Fabrication and stimulated emission of Er-doped nanocrystalline Si waveguides formed on Si substrates by laser ablation,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 74, no. 1, pp. 120–122, 1999.
- K. Zhong, J. Xu, J. Su, and Y. L. Chen, “Upconversion luminescence from Er-N codoped of ZnO nanowires prepared by ion implantation method,” Applied Surface Science, vol. 257, no. 8, pp. 3495–3498, 2011.
- S. Harako, S. Yokoyama, K. Ide, X. Zhao, and S. Komoro, “Visible and infrared electroluminescence from an Er-doped n-ZnO/p-Si light emitting diode,” Physica Status Solidi A, vol. 205, no. 1, pp. 19–22, 2008.
- Y. Chen, X. L. Xu, G. H. Zhang, H. Xue, and S. Y. Ma, “Blue shift of optical band gap in Er-doped ZnO thin films deposited by direct current reactive magnetron sputtering technique,” Physica E, vol. 42, no. 5, pp. 1713–1716, 2010.
- Z. Zhou, T. Komori, T. Ayukawa et al., “Li- and Er-codoped ZnO with enhanced 1.54 μm photoemission,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 87, no. 9, Article ID 091109, 3 pages, 2005.
- X. Meng, C. Liu, F. Wu, and J. Li, “Strong up-conversion emissions in ZnO:, ZnO:- nanoparticles and their surface modified counterparts,” Journal of Colloid and Interface Science, vol. 358, no. 2, pp. 334–337, 2011.
- M. Kohls, T. Schmidt, H. Katschorek et al., “Simple colloidal route to planar micropatterned ErZnO amplifiers,” Advanced Materials, vol. 11, no. 4, pp. 288–292, 1999.
- C.-Y. Chen, K.-Y. Lai, J.-W. Lo et al., “Electronic structures of well-aligned Er-doped ZnO nanorod arrays,” Journal of Nanoscience and Nanotechnology, vol. 11, no. 12, pp. 10615–10619, 2011.
- W. C. Yang, C. W. Wang, J. H. He et al., “Facile synthesis of large scale Er-doped ZnO flower-like structures with enhanced 1.54 μm infrared emission,” Physica Status Solidi A, vol. 205, no. 5, pp. 1190–1195, 2008.
- Y. Sun, Y. Chen, L. Tian et al., “Morphology-dependent upconversion luminescence of ZnO: nanocrystals,” Journal of Luminescence, vol. 128, no. 1, pp. 15–21, 2008.
- K. S. Suslick, S. B. Choe, A. A. Cichowlas, and M. W. Grinstaff, “Sonochemical synthesis of amorphous iron,” Nature, vol. 353, no. 6343, pp. 414–416, 1991.
- A. Nemamcha, J. L. Rehspringer, and D. Khatmi, “Synthesis of palladium nanoparticles by sonochemical reduction of palladium(II) nitrate in aqueous solution,” Journal of Physical Chemistry B, vol. 110, no. 1, pp. 383–387, 2006.
- J. Geng, W. H. Hou, Y. N. Lv, J. J. Zhu, and H. Y. Chen, “One-dimensional BiPO4 nanorods and two-dimensional BiOCl lamellae: fast low-temperature sonochemical synthesis, characterization, and growth mechanism,” Inorganic Chemistry, vol. 44, no. 23, pp. 8503–8509, 2005.
- L. P. Jiang, S. Xu, J. M. Zhu, J. R. Zhang, J. J. Zhu, and H. Y. Chen, “Ultrasonic-assisted synthesis of monodisperse single-crystalline silver nanoplates and gold nanorings,” Inorganic Chemistry, vol. 43, no. 19, pp. 5877–5883, 2004.
- R. K. Rana, Y. Mastai, and A. Gedanken, “Acoustic cavitation leading to the morphosynthesis of mesoporous silica vesicles,” Advanced Materials, vol. 14, no. 19, pp. 1414–1418, 2002.
- J. Geng, J. J. Zhu, D. J. Lu, and H. Y. Chen, “Hollow PbWO4 nanospindles via a facile sonochemical route,” Inorganic Chemistry, vol. 45, no. 20, pp. 8403–8407, 2006.
- J. Geng, X. D. Jia, and J. J. Zhu, “Sonochemical selective synthesis of ZnO/CdS core/shell nanostructures and their optical properties,” CrystEngComm, vol. 13, no. 1, pp. 193–198, 2011.
- J. Geng, D. Lu, J. J. Zhu, and H. Y. Chen, “Antimony(III)-doped PbWO4 crystals with enhanced photoluminescence via a shape-controlled sonochemical route,” Journal of Physical Chemistry B, vol. 110, no. 28, pp. 13777–13785, 2006.
- Y. S. Fu, X. W. Du, J. Sun, Y. F. Song, and J. Liu, “Kinetics controlled growth of quasi-spherical ZnO single crystal in homogeneous solutions,” Journal of Alloys and Compounds, vol. 461, no. 1-2, pp. 527–531, 2008.
- S. J. Doktycz and K. S. Suslick, “Interparticle collisions driven by ultrasound,” Science, vol. 247, no. 4946, pp. 1067–1069, 1990.
- N. Y. Garces, L. Wang, L. Bai, N. C. Giles, L. E. Halliburton, and G. Cantwell, “Role of copper in the green luminescence from ZnO crystals,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 81, no. 4, pp. 622–624, 2002.
- U. Wahl, E. Rita, J. G. Correia, E. Alves, and J. P. Araújo, “Implantation site of rare earths in single-crystalline ZnO,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 82, no. 8, pp. 1173–1175, 2003.
- Z. Zhou, T. Komori, M. Yoshino et al., “Enhanced 1.54 μm photoluminescence from Er-containing ZnO through nitrogen doping,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 86, no. 4, Article ID 041107, 3 pages, 2005.
- S. Komuro, T. Katsumata, T. Morikawa, X. Zhao, H. Isshiki, and Y. Aoyagi, “Highly erbium-doped zinc-oxide thin film prepared by laser ablation and its 1.54 μm emission dynamics,” Journal of Applied Physics, vol. 88, no. 12, pp. 7129–7136, 2000.
- Y. Liu, C. Xu, and Q. Yang, “White upconversion of rare-earth doped ZnO nanocrystals and its dependence on size of crystal particles and content of Yb3+ and Tm3+,” Journal of Applied Physics, vol. 105, no. 8, Article ID 084701, 6 pages, 2009.