- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Journal of Nanomaterials
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 327562, 7 pages
Chitosan-Coated Magnetic Nanoparticles with Low Chitosan Content Prepared in One-Step
1Departamentos de Biotecnología y de Química Analítica, Facultad de Ciencias Químicas, Universidad Autónoma de Coahuila, Boulevard V. Carranza y José Cárdenas Valdés, 25280 Saltillo, COAH, Mexico
2Departamento de Procesos de Polimerización, Centro de Investigación en Química Aplicada, Boulevard Enrique Reyna No. 140, 25294 Saltillo, COAH, Mexico
Received 28 June 2012; Revised 4 September 2012; Accepted 5 September 2012
Academic Editor: Renyun Zhang
Copyright © 2012 Yolanda Osuna et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- L. Zhu, J. Ma, N. Jia, Y. Zhao, and H. Shen, “Chitosan-coated magnetic nanoparticles as carriers of 5-Fluorouracil: preparation, characterization and cytotoxicity studies,” Colloids and Surfaces B, vol. 68, no. 1, pp. 1–6, 2009.
- X. Liu, Q. Hu, Z. Fang, X. Zhang, and B. Zhang, “Magnetic chitosan nanocomposites: a useful recyclable tool for heavy metal ion removal,” Langmuir, vol. 25, no. 1, pp. 3–8, 2009.
- Y. T. Zhou, H. L. Nie, C. Branford-White, Z. Y. He, and L. M. Zhu, “Removal of Cu2+ from aqueous solution by chitosan-coated magnetic nanoparticles modified with α-ketoglutaric acid,” Journal of Colloid and Interface Science, vol. 330, no. 1, pp. 29–37, 2009.
- L. Li, D. Chen, Y. Zhang et al., “Magnetic and fluorescent multifunctional chitosan nanoparticles as a smart drug delivery system,” Nanotechnology, vol. 18, no. 40, Article ID 405102, pp. 40–51, 2007.
- H. Zhang, M. Oh, C. Allen, and E. Kumacheva, “Monodisperse chitosan nanoparticles for mucosal drug delivery,” Biomacromolecules, vol. 5, no. 6, pp. 2461–2468, 2004.
- S. Hong, Y. Chang, and I. Rhee, “Chitosan-coated ferrite (Fe3O4) nanoparticles as a T2 contrast agent for magnetic resonance imaging,” Journal of the Korean Physical Society, vol. 56, no. 3, pp. 868–873, 2010.
- T. Sasaki, N. Iwasaki, K. Kohno et al., “Magnetic nanoparticles for improving cell invasion in tissue engineering,” Journal of Biomedical Materials Research A, vol. 86, no. 4, pp. 969–978, 2008.
- C.-H. Kuo, Y.-C. Liu, C.-M. J. Chang, J.-H. Chen, C. Chang, and C.-J. Shieh, “Optimum conditions for lipase immobilization on chitosan-coated Fe3O4 nanoparticles,” Carbohydrate Polymers, vol. 87, no. 4, pp. 2538–2545, 2012.
- W. Xie and J. Wang, “Immobilized lipase on magnetic chitosan microspheresfor transesterification of soybean oil,” Biomass and Bioenergy, vol. 36, pp. 373–380, 2012.
- H. Fang, J. Huang, L. Ding, M. Li, and Z. Chen, “Preparation of magnetic chitosan nanoparticles and immobilization of laccase,” Journal Wuhan University of Technology, Materials Science Edition, vol. 24, no. 1, pp. 42–47, 2009.
- D. T. K. Dung, T. H. Hai, L. H. Phuc, B. D. Long, L. K. Vinh, and P. N. Truc, “Preparation and characterization of magnetic nanoparticles with chitosan coating,” Journal of Physics, vol. 187, no. 1, Article ID 012036, pp. 1–5, 2009.
- C. Pan, B. Hu, W. Li, Y. Sun, H. Ye, and X. Zeng, “Novel and efficient method for immobilization and stabilization of β-d-galactosidase by covalent attachment onto magnetic Fe3O4-chitosan nanoparticles,” Journal of Molecular Catalysis B, vol. 61, no. 3-4, pp. 208–215, 2009.
- Y. Ge, Y. Zhang, S. He, F. Nie, G. Teng, and N. Gu, “Fluorescence modified chitosan-coated magnetic nanoparticles for high-efficient cellular imaging,” Nanoscale Research Letters, vol. 4, no. 4, pp. 287–295, 2009.
- S. Hong and I. Rhee, “Relaxivity of hydrogen protons of water molecules in the aqueous solutions of dextran and chitosan coated ferrite nanoparticles,” International Journal of Magnetic Resonance Imaging, vol. 1, no. 1, pp. 15–20, 2007.
- Y. Wu, Y. Wang, G. Luo, and Y. Dai, “In situ preparation of magnetic Fe3O4-chitosan nanoparticles for lipase immobilization by cross-linking and oxidation in aqueous solution,” Bioresource Technology, vol. 100, no. 14, pp. 3459–3464, 2009.
- K. M. Gregorio-Jauregui, M. G. Pineda, J. E. Rivera-Salinas et al., “One-step method for preparation of magnetic nanoparticles coated with chitosan,” Journal of Nanomaterials, vol. 2012, Article ID 813958, 8 pages, 2012.
- E. Kaiser, R. L. Colescott, C. D. Bossinger, and P. I. Cook, “Color test for detection of free terminal amino groups in the solid-phase synthesis of peptides,” Analytical Biochemistry, vol. 34, no. 2, pp. 595–598, 1970.
- J. Esquivel, I. A. Facundo, M. E. Treviño, and R. G. López, “A novel method to prepare magnetic nanoparticles: precipitation in bicontinuous microemulsions,” Journal of Materials Science, vol. 42, no. 21, pp. 9015–9020, 2007.
- A. L. Loo, M. G. Pineda, H. Saade, M. E. Treviño, and R. G. López, “Synthesis of magnetic nanoparticles in bicontinuous microemulsions. Effect of surfactant concentration,” Journal of Materials Science, vol. 43, no. 10, pp. 3649–3654, 2008.
- P. A. Dresco, V. S. Zaitsev, R. J. Gambino, and B. Chu, “Preparation and properties of magnetite and polymer magnetite nanoparticles,” Langmuir, vol. 15, no. 6, pp. 1945–1951, 1999.
- E. A. Collins, Emulsion Polymerization and Emulsion Polymers, John Wiley and Sons, Baffins Lane, Chichester, UK, 1997.
- R. H. Kodama, “Magnetic nanoparticles,” Journal of Magnetism and Magnetic Materials, vol. 200, no. 1, pp. 359–372, 1999.
- R. M. Cornell and U. Schwertmann, The Iron Oxides: Structure, Properties, Reactions, Occurrence and Uses, Wiley-VCH, Weinheim, Germany, 1996.
- L. Liz, M. A. López Quintela, J. Mira, and J. Rivas, “Preparation of colloidal Fe3O4 ultrafine particles in microemulsions,” Journal of Materials Science, vol. 29, no. 14, pp. 3797–3801, 1994.
- S. Santra, R. Tapec, N. Theodoropoulou, J. Dobson, A. Hebard, and W. Tan, “Synthesis and characterization of silica-coated iron oxide nanoparticles in microemulsion: the effect of nonionic surfactants,” Langmuir, vol. 17, no. 10, pp. 2900–2906, 2001.
- H. Qi, J. Ye, N. Tao, M. Wen, and Q. Chen, “Synthesis of octahedral magnetite microcrystals with high crystallinity and low coercive field,” Journal of Crystal Growth, vol. 311, no. 2, pp. 394–398, 2009.
- L. Guo, G. Liu, R. Y. Hong, and H. Z. Li, “Preparation and characterization of chitosan poly(acrylic acid) magnetic microspheres,” Marine Drugs, vol. 8, no. 7, pp. 2212–2222, 2010.
- L. Chen, C. Y. Tang, N. Y. Ning, C. Y. Wang, Q. Fu, and Q. Zhang, “Preparation and properties of chitosan/lignin composite films,” Chinese Journal of Polymer Science, vol. 27, no. 5, pp. 739–746, 2009.
- P. E. Liley, R. C. Reid, and E. Buck, “Physical and Chemical Data,” in Chemical Engineering Handbook, R. H. Perry, D. W. Green, and J. O. Maloney, Eds., Section 3, pp. 3–11, McGraw-Hill Book, New York, NY, USA, 6th edition, 1984.
- W. C. Hsieh, C. P. Chang, and S. M. Lin, “Morphology and characterization of 3D micro-porous structured chitosan scaffolds for tissue engineering,” Colloids and Surfaces B, vol. 57, no. 2, pp. 250–255, 2007.