- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Nanomaterials
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 359103, 7 pages
Influence of Drying Temperature on the Structural, Optical, and Electrical Properties of Layer-by-Layer ZnO Nanoparticles Seeded Catalyst
1NANO-ElecTronic Centre, Faculty of Electrical Engineering, Universiti Teknologi MARA, Selangor, 40450 Shah Alam, Malaysia
2NANO-SciTech Centre, Institute of Science, Universiti Teknologi MARA, Selangor, 40450 Shah Alam, Malaysia
Received 24 July 2012; Revised 15 October 2012; Accepted 16 October 2012
Academic Editor: Lian Gao
Copyright © 2012 S. S. Shariffudin et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- C. Wongchoosuk, K. Subannajui, A. Menzel et al., “Controlled synthesis of ZnO nanostructures: the role of source and substrate temperatures,” The Journal of Physical Chemistry C, vol. 115, no. 3, pp. 757–761, 2011.
- K. S. Kim and H. W. Kim, “Synthesis of ZnO nanorod on bare Si substrate using metal organic chemical vapor deposition,” Physica B, vol. 328, no. 3-4, pp. 368–371, 2003.
- X. Liu, Z. Jin, S. Bu, J. Zhao, and K. Yu, “Preparation of ZnO nanorods and special lath-like crystals by aqueous chemical growth (ACG) method,” Materials Science and Engineering B, vol. 129, no. 1–3, pp. 139–143, 2006.
- T. Dedova, M. Krunks, M. Grossberg, O. Volobujeva, and I. Oja Acik, “A novel deposition method to grow ZnO nanorods: spray pyrolysis,” Superlattices and Microstructures, vol. 42, no. 1–6, pp. 444–450, 2007.
- S. Y. Pung, K. L. Choy, and X. Hou, “Tip-growth mode and base-growth mode of Au-catalyzed zinc oxide nanowires using chemical vapor deposition technique,” Journal of Crystal Growth, vol. 312, no. 14, pp. 2049–2055, 2010.
- C. Andreazza-Vignolle, P. Andreazza, and D. Zhao, “Catalyst effect on ZnO nanostructure shape,” Superlattices and Microstructures, vol. 39, no. 1–4, pp. 340–347, 2006.
- S. C. Lyu, Y. Zhang, H. Ruh et al., “Low temperature growth and photoluminescence of well-aligned zinc oxide nanowires,” Chemical Physics Letters, vol. 363, no. 1-2, pp. 134–138, 2002.
- S. N. Cha, B. G. Song, J. E. Jang et al., “Controlled growth of vertically aligned ZnO nanowires with different crystal orientation of the ZnO seed layer,” Nanotechnology, vol. 19, no. 23, Article ID 235601, 2008.
- C. Li, G. Fang, J. Li, L. Ai, B. Dong, and X. Zhao, “Effect of seed layer on structural properties of ZnO nanorod arrays grown by vapor-phase transport,” The Journal of Physical Chemistry C, vol. 112, no. 4, pp. 990–995, 2008.
- M. Caglar, S. Ilican, Y. Caglar, and F. Yakuphanoglu, “Electrical conductivity and optical properties of ZnO nanostructured thin film,” Applied Surface Science, vol. 255, no. 8, pp. 4491–4496, 2009.
- Y. Natsume and H. Sakata, “Zinc oxide films prepared by sol-gel spin-coating,” Thin Solid Films, vol. 372, no. 1, pp. 30–36, 2000.
- Y. S. Ho and K. Y. Lee, “Fabrication of highly oriented (002) ZnO film on glass by sol-gel method,” Thin Solid Films, vol. 519, no. 4, pp. 1431–1434, 2010.
- M. Saleem, L. Fang, H. Ruan et al., “Effect of zinc acetate concentration on the structural and optical properties of ZnO thin films deposited by Sol-Gel method,” International Journal of Physical Sciences, vol. 7, no. 23, pp. 2971–2979, 2012.
- J. Sengupta, R. K. Sahoo, K. K. Bardhan, and C. D. Mukherjee, “Influence of annealing temperature on the structural, topographical and optical properties of sol-gel derived ZnO thin films,” Materials Letters, vol. 65, no. 17-18, pp. 2572–2574, 2011.
- L. Xu, X. Li, Y. Chen, and F. Xu, “Structural and optical properties of ZnO thin films prepared by sol-gel method with different thickness,” Applied Surface Science, vol. 257, no. 9, pp. 4031–4037, 2011.
- N. Fujimura, T. Nishihara, S. Goto, J. Xu, and T. Ito, “Control of preferred orientation for ZnOx films: control of self-texture,” Journal of Crystal Growth, vol. 130, no. 1-2, pp. 269–279, 1993.
- A. Pakdel and F. E. Ghodsi, “Influence of drying conditions on the optical and structural properties of sol-gel-derived ZnO nanocrystalline films,” Pramana, vol. 76, no. 6, pp. 973–983, 2011.
- A. K. Singh, V. Viswanath, and V. C. Janu, “Synthesis, effect of capping agents, structural, optical and photoluminescence properties of ZnO nanoparticles,” Journal of Luminescence, vol. 129, no. 8, pp. 874–878, 2009.
- Y. S. Kim, W. P. Tai, and S. J. Shu, “Effect of preheating temperature on structural and optical properties of ZnO thin films by sol-gel process,” Thin Solid Films, vol. 491, no. 1-2, pp. 153–160, 2005.
- A. R. Bari, M. D. Shinde, V. Deo, and L. A. Patil, “Effect of solvents on the particle morphology of nanostructurcd ZnO,” Indian Journal of Pure and Applied Physics, vol. 47, no. 1, pp. 24–27, 2009.
- N. J. Kim, S. L. Choi, H. J. Lee, and K. J. Kim, “Nanostructures and luminescence properties of porous ZnO thin films prepared by sol-gel process,” Current Applied Physics, vol. 9, no. 3, pp. 643–646, 2009.
- K. F. Lin, H. M. Cheng, H. C. Hsu, L. J. Lin, and W. F. Hsieh, “Band gap variation of size-controlled ZnO quantum dots synthesized by sol-gel method,” Chemical Physics Letters, vol. 409, no. 4–6, pp. 208–211, 2005.
- Q. Li, J. Bian, J. Sun et al., “Controllable growth of well-aligned ZnO nanorod arrays by low-temperature wet chemical bath deposition method,” Applied Surface Science, vol. 256, no. 6, pp. 1698–1702, 2010.
- A. Chatterjee, C. H. Shen, A. Ganguly et al., “Strong room-temperature UV emission of nanocrystalline ZnO films derived from a polymeric solution,” Chemical Physics Letters, vol. 391, no. 4–6, pp. 278–282, 2004.
- L. Schmidt-Mende and J. L. MacManus-Driscoll, “ZnO—nanostructures, defects, and devices,” Materials Today, vol. 10, no. 5, pp. 40–48, 2007.
- P. Sagar, P. K. Shishodia, R. M. Mehra, H. Okada, A. Wakahara, and A. Yoshida, “Photoluminescence and absorption in sol-gel-derived ZnO films,” Journal of Luminescence, vol. 126, no. 2, pp. 800–806, 2007.
- D. H. Zhang, Z. Y. Xue, and Q. P. Wang, “The mechanisms of blue emission from ZnO films deposited on glass substrate by r.f. magnetron sputtering,” Journal of Physics D, vol. 35, no. 21, pp. 2837–2840, 2002.
- S. O'Brien, L. H. K. Koh, and G. M. Crean, “ZnO thin films prepared by a single step sol-gel process,” Thin Solid Films, vol. 516, no. 7, pp. 1391–1395, 2008.
- J. H. Lee, K. H. Ko, and B. O. Park, “Electrical and optical properties of ZnO transparent conducting films by the sol-gel method,” Journal of Crystal Growth, vol. 247, no. 1-2, pp. 119–125, 2003.