- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Journal of Nanomaterials
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 382603, 6 pages
Study on Pore Distribution and Formation Rule of Sepiolite Mineral Nanomaterials
1Institute of Power Source & Ecomaterials Science, Hebei University of Technology, Tianjin 300130, China
2Jiangsu Provincial Key Laboratory of Palygorskite Science and Applied Technology, Huaiyin Institute of Technology, Huaian 223003, China
3College of Engineering and Computing, Florida International University, Miami, FL 33174, USA
Received 23 October 2012; Accepted 5 November 2012
Academic Editor: Su Chen
Copyright © 2012 Qingguo Tang et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- B. S. Nagy and W. F. Bradley, “The structural scheme of sepiolite,” America Mineralogist, vol. 40, pp. 885–892, 1955.
- K. Brauner and A. Preisinger, “Struktur und entstehung des sepioliths,” Tschermaks Mineralogische und Petrographische Mitteilungen, vol. 6, no. 1-2, pp. 120–140, 1956.
- M. P. S. Krekeler and S. Guggenheim, “Defects in microstructure in palygorskite-sepiolite minerals: a transmission electron microscopy (TEM) study,” Applied Clay Science, vol. 39, no. 1-2, pp. 98–105, 2008.
- A. Miura, K. Nakazawa, T. Takei et al., “Acid-, base-, and heat-induced degradation behavior of Chinese sepiolite,” Ceramics International, vol. 38, pp. 4677–4684, 2012.
- S. Tunç, O. Duman, and A. Çetinkaya, “Electrokinetic and rheological properties of sepiolite suspensions in the presence of hexadecyltrimethylammonium bromide,” Colloids and Surfaces A, vol. 377, no. 1–3, pp. 123–129, 2011.
- H. X. Chen, H. Z. Lu, Y. Zhou, M. S. Zheng, C. M. Ke, and D. L. Zeng, “Study on thermal properties of polyurethane nanocomposites based on organo-sepiolite,” Polymer Degradation and Stability, vol. 97, pp. 242–247, 2012.
- E. Işçi and S. I. Turutoǧlu, “Stabilization of the mixture of bentonite and sepiolite as a water based drilling fluid,” Journal of Petroleum Science and Engineering, vol. 76, no. 1-2, pp. 1–5, 2011.
- N. Volle, F. Giulieri, A. Burr, S. Pagnotta, and A. M. Chaze, “Controlled interactions between silanol groups at the surface of sepiolite and an acrylate matrix: consequences on the thermal and mechanical properties,” Materials Chemistry and Physics, vol. 134, pp. 417–424, 2012.
- A. S. Ozcan and O. Gok, “Structural characterization of dodecyltrimethylammonium (DTMA) bromide modified sepiolite and its adsorption isotherm studies,” Journal of Molecular Structure, vol. 1007, pp. 36–44, 2012.
- M. Suarez and E. Garcia-Romero, “Variability of the surface properties of sepiolite,” Applied Clay Science, vol. 67-68, pp. 72–82, 2012.
- Q. W. Zhu, Y. H. Zhang, F. Z. Lv, P. K. Chu, Z. F. Ye, and F. S. Zhou, “Cuprous oxide created on sepiolite: preparation, characterization, and photocatalytic activity in treatment of red water from 2,4,6-trinitrotoluene manufacturing,” Journal of Hazardous Materials, vol. 217-218, pp. 11–18, 2012.
- K. M. Fang, L. Zheng, K. Fang, and L. Huang, “Revealing microstructure of fine particles by TEM,” China Particuology, vol. 1, pp. 88–90, 2003.
- S. Inagaki, Y. Fukushima, H. Doi, and O. Kamigaito, “Pore size distribution and adsorption selectivity of sepiolite,” Clay Minerals, vol. 25, no. 1, pp. 99–105, 1990.
- A. A. Goktas, Z. Misirli, and T. Baykara, “Sintering behaviour of sepiolite,” Ceramics International, vol. 23, no. 4, pp. 305–311, 1997.
- H. Toshiyuki, T. Atsumu, Y. Atsushi, and O. Ryohei, “Model calculation of sepiolite surface areas,” Clays and Clay Minerals, vol. 43, pp. 391–396, 1995.