- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Nanomaterials
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 389248, 8 pages
Effect of Si and SiO2 Substrates on the Geometries of As-Grown Carbon Coils
1Department of Engineering in Energy and Applied Chemistry, Silla University, Busan 617-736, Republic of Korea
2Department of Nanomechatronics Engineering, Pusan National University, Kyungnam 627-706, Republic of Korea
Received 1 July 2012; Accepted 20 September 2012
Academic Editor: Raymond L. D. Whitby
Copyright © 2012 Semi Park et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- L. Pan, T. Hayashida, M. Zhang, and Y. Nakayama, “Field emission properties of carbon tubule nanocoils,” Japanese Journal of Applied Physics B, vol. 40, no. 3, pp. L235–L237, 2001.
- S. Amelinckx, X. B. Zhang, D. Bernaerts, X. F. Zhang, V. Ivanov, and J. B. Nagy, “A formation mechanism for catalytically grown helix-shaped graphite nanotubes,” Science, vol. 265, no. 5172, pp. 635–637, 1994.
- S. Hokushin, L. Pan, Y. Konishi, H. Tanaka, and Y. Nakayama, “Field emission properties and structural changes of a stand-alone carbon nanocoil,” Japanese Journal of Applied Physics, vol. 46, no. 20–24, pp. L565–L567, 2007.
- K. Hernadi, L. Thiên-Nga, and L. Forró, “Growth and microstructure of catalytically produced coiled carbon nanotubes,” Journal of Physical Chemistry B, vol. 105, no. 50, pp. 12464–12468, 2001.
- X. Chen, S. Yang, and S. Motojima, “Morphology and growth models of circular and flat carbon coils obtained by the catalytic pyrolysis of acetylene,” Materials Letters, vol. 57, no. 1, pp. 48–54, 2002.
- X. Chen and S. Motojima, “Growth patterns and morphologies of carbon micro-coils produced by chemical vapor deposition,” Carbon, vol. 37, no. 11, pp. 1817–1823, 1999.
- N. Okazaki, S. Hosokawa, T. Goto, and Y. Nakayama, “Synthesis of carbon tubule nanocoils using Fe-In-Sn-O fine particles as catalysts,” Journal of Physical Chemistry B, vol. 109, no. 37, pp. 17366–17371, 2005.
- N. M. Rodriguez, M. S. Kim, F. Fortin, I. Mochida, and R. T. K. Baker, “Carbon deposition on iron-nickel alloy particles,” Applied Catalysis A, vol. 148, no. 2, pp. 265–282, 1997.
- J. H. Eum, S. H. Kim, S. S. Yi, and K. Jang, “Large-scale synthesis of the controlled-geometry carbon coils by the manipulation of the SF6 gas flow injection time,” Journal of Nanoscience and Nanotechnology, vol. 12, no. 5, pp. 4397–4402, 2012.
- Q. Zhang, L. Yu, and Z. Cui, “Effects of the size of nano-copper catalysts and reaction temperature on the morphology of carbon fibers,” Materials Research Bulletin, vol. 43, no. 3, pp. 735–742, 2008.
- S. Hokushin, L. Pan, and Y. Nakayama, “Diameter control of carbon nanocoils by the catalyst of organic metals,” Japanese Journal of Applied Physics A, vol. 46, no. 8, pp. 5383–5385, 2007.
- N. Tang, J. Wen, Y. Zhang, F. Liu, K. Lin, and Y. Du, “Helical carbon nanotubes: catalytic particle size-dependent growth and magnetic properties,” ACS Nano, vol. 4, no. 1, pp. 241–250, 2010.
- F. Du, J. Liu, and Z. Guo, “Shape controlled synthesis of Cu2O and its catalytic application to synthesize amorphous carbon nanofibers,” Materials Research Bulletin, vol. 44, no. 1, pp. 25–29, 2009.
- S. Motojima, M. Kawaguchi, K. Nozaki, and H. Iwanaga, “Preparation of coiled carbon fibers by catalytic pyrolysis of acetylene, and its morphology and extension characteristics,” Carbon, vol. 29, no. 3, pp. 379–385, 1991.
- M. Kawaguchi, K. Nozaki, S. Motojima, and H. Iwanaga, “A growth mechanism of regularly coiled carbon fibers through acetylene pyrolysis,” Journal of Crystal Growth, vol. 118, no. 3-4, pp. 309–313, 1992.
- X. Chen, S. Motojima, and H. Iwanga, “Vapor phase preparation of super-elastic carbon micro-coils,” Journal of Crystal Growth, vol. 237-239, no. 1–4, pp. 1931–1936, 2002.
- J. B. Bai, “Growth of nanotube/nanofibre coils by CVD on an alumina substrate,” Materials Letters, vol. 57, no. 18, pp. 2629–2633, 2003.
- Z. Y. Huang, X. Chen, J. R. Huang, M. Q. Li, and J. H. Liu, “Synthesis of carbon nanocoils on surface morphology changed silicon substrates,” Materials Letters, vol. 60, no. 17-18, pp. 2073–2075, 2006.
- M. Ch. Veziri, G. N. Karanikolos, G. Pilatos et al., “Growth and morphology manipulation of carbon nanostructures on porous supports,” Carbon, vol. 47, no. 9, pp. 2161–2173, 2009.
- H. Tada, A. E. Kumpel, R. E. Lathrop et al., “Thermal expansion coefficient of polycrystalline silicon and silicon dioxide thin films at high temperatures,” Journal of Applied Physics I, vol. 87, no. 9, pp. 4189–4193, 2000.
- T. G. Kollie, “Measurement of the thermal-expansion coefficient of nickel from 300 to 1000 K and determination of the power-law constants near the Curie temperature,” Physical Review B, vol. 16, no. 11, pp. 4872–4881, 1977.
- D. W. Li, L. J. Pan, D. P. Liu, and N. S. Yu, “Relationship between geometric structures of catalyst particles and growth of carbon nanocoils,” Chemical Vapor Deposition, vol. 16, no. 4–6, pp. 166–169, 2010.
- Y.-C. Jeon, S. I. Ahn, and S.-H. Kim, “Investigation the developing aspect of carbon coils formation during the beginning stage of the process,” Journal of Nanoscience and Nanotechnology. In press.