- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Nanomaterials
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 404159, 6 pages
Ostwald Ripening of Platinum Nanoparticles Confined in a Carbon Nanotube/Silica-Templated Cylindrical Space
1Departamento de Química Física, Universidade de Vigo, 36310 Vigo, Spain
2Departamento de Física Aplicada, Universidade de Vigo, 36310 Vigo, Spain
Received 7 July 2012; Revised 2 October 2012; Accepted 2 October 2012
Academic Editor: Steve F. A. Acquah
Copyright © 2012 Cintia Mateo-Mateo et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- R. T. K. Baker, C. H. Bartholomew, and D. B. Dadyburjor, Sintering and Redispersion: Mechanisms and Kinetics. Stability of Supported Catalysts: Sintering and Redispersion, Edited by J. A. Horsley, Catalytica, Mountain View, Calif, USA, 1991.
- S. B. Simonsen, I. Chorkendorff, S. Dahl et al., “Effect of particle morphology on the ripening of supported Pt nanoparticles,” Journal of Physical Chemistry C, vol. 116, no. 9, pp. 5646–5653, 2012.
- S. R. Challa, A. T. Delariva, T. W. Hansen et al., “Relating rates of catalyst sintering to the disappearance of individual nanoparticles during Ostwald ripening,” Journal of the American Chemical Society, vol. 133, no. 51, pp. 20672–20675, 2011.
- P. Wynblatt and N. A. Gjostein, “Supported metal crystallites,” Progress in Solid State Chemistry, vol. 9, pp. 21–58, 1975.
- F. Yang, M. S. Chen, and D. W. Goodman, “Sintering of Au particles supported on TiO2(110) during CO oxidation,” Journal of Physical Chemistry C, vol. 113, no. 1, pp. 254–260, 2009.
- S. B. Simonsen, I. Chorkendorff, S. Dahl, M. Skoglundh, J. Sehested, and S. Helveg, “Direct observations of oxygen-induced platinum nanoparticle ripening studied by in situ TEM,” Journal of the American Chemical Society, vol. 132, no. 23, pp. 7968–7975, 2010.
- M. Sanlés, M. Pérez-Lorenzo, B. Rodríguez-González, V. Salgueiriño, and M. A. Correa-Duarte, “Highly active nanoreactors: nanomaterial encapsulation based on confined catalysis,” Angewandte Chemie International Edition, vol. 51, pp. 3877–3882, 2012.
- M. de Dios, V. Salgueirino, M. Pérez-Lorenzo, and M. A. Correa-Duarte, “Synthesis of carbon nanotube-inorganic hybrid nanocomposites: an instructional experiment in nanomaterials chemistry,” "Journal of Chemical Education, vol. 89, pp. 280–283, 2012.
- M. Grzelczak, M. A. Correa-Duarte, and L. M. Liz-Marzán, “Carbon nanotubes encapsulated in wormlike hollow silica shells,” Small, vol. 2, no. 10, pp. 1174–1177, 2006.
- A. A. Dameron, S. Pylypenko, J. B. Bult, et al., “Aligned carbon nanotube array functionalization for enhanced atomic layer deposition of platinum electro-catalysts,” Applied Surface Science, vol. 258, no. 13, pp. 5212–5221, 2012.
- M. J. O'Connell, P. Boul, L. M. Ericson et al., “Reversible water-solubilization of single-walled carbon nanotubes by polymer wrapping,” Chemical Physics Letters, vol. 342, no. 3-4, pp. 265–271, 2001.
- M. A. Correa-Duarte and L. M. Liz-Marzán, “Carbon nanotubes as templates for one-dimensional nanoparticle assemblies,” Journal of Materials Chemistry, vol. 16, no. 1, pp. 22–25, 2006.
- S. Kawasaki, G. Catalan, H. J. Fan et al., “Conformal oxide coating of carbon nanotubes,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 92, no. 5, Article ID 053109, 2008.
- M. A. Correa-Duarte, N. Sobal, L. M. Liz-Marzán, and M. Giersig, “Linear assemblies of silica-coated gold nanoparticles using carbon nanotubes as templates,” Advanced Materials, vol. 16, no. 23-24, pp. 2179–2184, 2004.
- F. Rivadulla, C. Mateo-Mateo, and M. A. Correa-Duarte, “Layer-by-layer polymer coating of carbon nanotubes: tuning of electrical conductivity in random networks,” Journal of the American Chemical Society, vol. 132, no. 11, pp. 3751–3755, 2010.
- R. B. Mathur, S. Seth, C. Lal et al., “Co-synthesis, purification and characterization of single- and multi-walled carbon nanotubes using the electric arc method,” Carbon, vol. 45, no. 1, pp. 132–140, 2007.
- H. Rôder, E. Hahn, H. Brune, J. P. Bucher, and K. Kern, “Building one- and two-dimensional nanostructures by diffusion-controlled aggregation at surfaces,” Nature, vol. 366, no. 6451, pp. 141–143, 1993.
- M. Bowker, “Surface science: the going rate for catalysts,” Nature Materials, vol. 1, no. 4, pp. 205–206, 2002.
- F. Huang, H. Zhang, and J. F. Banfieldt, “Two-stage crystal-growth kinetics observed during hydrothermal coarsening of nanocrystalline ZnS,” Nano Letters, vol. 3, no. 3, pp. 373–378, 2003.
- Y. Yin and A. P. Alivisatos, “Colloidal nanocrystal synthesis and the organic-inorganic interface,” Nature, vol. 437, no. 7059, pp. 664–670, 2005.
- P. Loof, B. Stenbom, H. Norden, and B. Kasemo, “Rapid sintering in NO of nanometer-sized Pt particles on γ-Al2O3 observed by CO temperature-programmed desorption and transmission electron microscopy,” Journal of Catalysis, vol. 144, no. 1, pp. 60–76, 1993.