- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Nanomaterials
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 427310, 6 pages
Fabrication of Magnetite/Silica/Titania Core-Shell Nanoparticles
Department of Chemistry, Faculty of Resource Science and Technology, Universiti Malaysia Sarawak, Kota Samarahan, 94300 Sarawak, Malaysia
Received 25 September 2012; Revised 26 November 2012; Accepted 27 November 2012
Academic Editor: Yanbao Zhao
Copyright © 2012 Suh Cem Pang et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- E. Beyers, E. Biermans, S. Ribbens et al., “Combined TiO2/SiO2 mesoporous photocatalysts with location and phase controllable TiO2 nanoparticles,” Applied Catalysis B, vol. 88, no. 3-4, pp. 515–524, 2009.
- A. Hanprasopwattana, S. Srinivasan, A. G. Sault, and A. K. Datye, “Titania coatings on monodisperse silica spheres (characterization using 2-propanol dehydration and TEM),” Langmuir, vol. 12, no. 13, pp. 3173–3179, 1996.
- Y. Li, M. Zhang, M. Guo, and X. Wang, “Preparation and properties of a nano TiO2/Fe3O4 composite superparamagnetic photocatalyst,” Rare Metals, vol. 28, no. 5, pp. 423–427, 2009.
- T. A. Gad-Allah, S. Kato, S. Satokawa, and T. Kojima, “Role of core diameter and silica content in photocatalytic activity of TiO2/SiO2/Fe3O4 composite,” Solid State Sciences, vol. 9, no. 8, pp. 737–743, 2007.
- A. L. Morel, S. I. Nikitenko, K. Gionnet et al., “Sonochemical approach to the synthesis of Fe3O4@SiO2 core-shell nanoparticles with tunable properties,” ACS Nano, vol. 2, no. 5, pp. 847–856, 2008.
- S. Santra, R. Tapec, N. Theodoropoulou, J. Dobson, A. Hebard, and W. Tan, “Synthesis and characterization of silica-coated iron oxide nanoparticles in microemulsion: the effect of nonionic surfactants,” Langmuir, vol. 17, no. 10, pp. 2900–2906, 2001.
- S. Watson, J. Scott, D. Beydoun, and R. Amal, “Studies on the preparation of magnetic photocatalysts,” Journal of Nanoparticle Research, vol. 7, no. 6, pp. 691–705, 2005.
- X. Song and L. Gao, “Fabrication of bifunctional titania/silica-coated magnetic spheres and their photocatalytic activities,” Journal of the American Ceramic Society, vol. 90, no. 12, pp. 4015–4019, 2007.
- H. S. Yang, S. Y. Choi, S. H. Hyun, H. H. Park, and J. K. Hong, “Ambient-dried low dielectric SiO2 aerogel thin film,” Journal of Non-Crystalline Solids, vol. 221, no. 2-3, pp. 151–156, 1997.
- S. F. Chin, S. C. Pang, and F. E. I. Dom, “Sol-gel synthesis of silver/titanium dioxide (Ag/TiO2) core-shell nanowires for photocatalytic applications,” Materials Letters, vol. 65, no. 17-18, pp. 2673–2675, 2011.
- S. C. Pang, W. H. Khoh, and S. F. Chin, “Nanoparticulate magnetite thin films as electrode materials for the fabrication of electrochemical capacitors,” Journal of Materials Science, vol. 45, no. 20, pp. 5598–5604, 2010.
- K. S. Rao, K. El-Hami, T. Kodaki, K. Matsushige, and K. Makino, “A novel method for synthesis of silica nanoparticles,” Journal of Colloid and Interface Science, vol. 289, no. 1, pp. 125–131, 2005.
- Y. H. Deng, C. C. Wang, J. H. Hu, W. L. Yang, and S. K. Fu, “Investigation of formation of silica-coated magnetite nanoparticles via sol-gel approach,” Colloids and Surfaces A, vol. 262, no. 1–3, pp. 87–93, 2005.
- M. Stjerndahl, M. Andersson, H. E. Hall, D. M. Pajerowski, M. W. Meisel, and R. S. Duran, “Superparamagnetic Fe3O4/SiO2 nanocomposites: enabling the tuning of both the iron oxide load and the size of the nanoparticles,” Langmuir, vol. 24, no. 7, pp. 3532–3536, 2008.
- Y. Kobayashi, S. Saeki, M. Yoshida, D. Nagao, and M. Konno, “Synthesis of spherical submicron-sized magnetite/silica nanocomposite particles,” Journal of Sol-Gel Science and Technology, vol. 45, no. 1, pp. 35–41, 2008.