- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Nanomaterials
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 428643, 7 pages
Urea-Based Combustion Process for the Synthesis of Nanocrystalline Ni-La-Fe-O Catalysts
1Center of Excellence for Advanced Materials Research, King Abdulaziz University, P.O. Box 80203, Jeddah 21589, Saudi Arabia
2Chemistry Department, Faculty of Science, Assiut University, Assiut 71516, Egypt
Received 18 August 2012; Accepted 4 October 2012
Academic Editor: Fathallah Karimzadeh
Copyright © 2012 Bahaa Abu-Zied and Abdullah M. Asiri. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- J. L. Gunjakar, A. M. More, K. V. Gurav, and C. D. Lokhande, “Chemical synthesis of spinel nickel ferrite (NiFe2O4) nano-sheets,” Applied Surface Science, vol. 254, no. 18, pp. 5844–5848, 2008.
- Z. Zhu, X. Li, Q. Zhao, H. Li, Y. Shen, and G. Chen, “Porous " brick-like" NiFe2O4 nanocrystals loaded with Ag species towards effective degradation of toluene,” Chemical Engineering Journal, vol. 165, no. 1, pp. 64–70, 2010.
- N. M. Deraz, A. Alarifi, and S. A. Shaban, “Removal of sulfur from commercial kerosene using nanocrystalline NiFe2O4 based sorbents,” Journal of Saudi Chemical Society, vol. 14, no. 4, pp. 357–362, 2010.
- V. Berbenni, C. Milanese, G. Bruni, and A. Marini, “The combined effect of mechanical and thermal energy on the solid-state formation of NiFe2O4 from the system 2NiCO3·3Ni(OH)2·4H2O-FeC2O4·2H2O,” Thermochimica Acta, vol. 469, no. 1-2, pp. 86–90, 2008.
- J. D. A. Gomes, M. H. Sousa, F. A. Tourinho et al., “Synthesis of core-shell ferrite nanoparticles for ferrofluids: chemical and magnetic analysis,” Journal of Physical Chemistry C, vol. 112, no. 16, pp. 6220–6227, 2008.
- X. Hou, J. Feng, X. Liu et al., “Synthesis of 3D porous ferromagnetic NiFe2O4 and using as novel adsorbent to treat wastewater,” Journal of Colloid and Interface Science, vol. 362, no. 2, pp. 477–485, 2011.
- Y. H. Kim, S. M. Bae, C.-R. Park et al., “Indirect monitoring of mixed conduction in La2NiO4+δ-based systems using impedance spectroscopy,” Journal of Ceramic Processing Research, vol. 12, no. 3, pp. 269–272, 2011.
- A. Demourgues, A. Wattiaux, J. C. Grenier et al., “Electrochemical preparation and structural characterization of La2NiO4+δ phases (0 ≤ δ ≤ 0.25),” Journal of Solid State Chemistry, vol. 105, no. 2, pp. 458–468, 1993.
- F. Kenfack and H. Langbein, “Spinel ferrites of the quaternary system Cu-Ni-Fe-O: synthesis and characterization,” Journal of Materials Science, vol. 41, no. 12, pp. 3683–3693, 2006.
- S. Vivekanandhan, M. Venkateswarlu, and N. Satyanarayana, “Effect of ethylene glycol on polyacrylic acid based combustion process for the synthesis of nano-crystalline nickel ferrite (NiFe2O4),” Materials Letters, vol. 58, no. 22-23, pp. 2717–2720, 2004.
- N. Yin, H. Wang, and C. Wang, “Effect of sintering temperature on morphology and arc erosion properties of La-Ni-O ceramic and its composites,” Journal of Rare Earths, vol. 27, no. 3, pp. 506–509, 2009.
- M. Zinkevich, N. Solak, H. Nitsche, M. Ahrens, and F. Aldinger, “Stability and thermodynamic functions of lanthanum nickelates,” Journal of Alloys and Compounds, vol. 438, no. 1-2, pp. 92–99, 2007.
- B. M. Abu-Zied, “Oxygen evolution over Ag/FAO3 (0.0 ≤ x ≤ 2.0) catalysts via N2O and H2O2 decomposition,” Applied Catalysis A, vol. 334, no. 1-2, pp. 234–242, 2008.
- Y. M. Al Angari, “Magnetic properties of La-substituted NiFe2O4 via egg-white precursor route,” Journal of Magnetism and Magnetic Materials, vol. 323, no. 14, pp. 1835–1839, 2011.
- P. T. A. Santos, A. C. F. M. Costa, R. H. G. A. Kiminami, H. M. C. Andrade, H. L. Lira, and L. Gama, “Synthesis of a NiFe2O4 catalyst for the preferential oxidation of carbon monoxide (PROX),” Journal of Alloys and Compounds, vol. 483, no. 1-2, pp. 399–401, 2009.
- A. B. Nawale, N. S. Kanhe, K. R. Patil, S. V. Bhoraskar, V. L. Mathe, and A. K. Das, “Magnetic properties of thermal plasma synthesized nanocrystalline nickel ferrite (NiFe2O4),” Journal of Alloys and Compounds, vol. 509, no. 12, pp. 4404–4413, 2011.
- A. Ahlawat, V. G. Sathe, V. R. Reddy, and A. Gupta, “Mossbauer, Raman and X-ray diffraction studies of superparamagnetic NiFe2O4 nanoparticles prepared by solgel auto-combustion method,” Journal of Magnetism and Magnetic Materials, vol. 323, no. 15, pp. 2049–2054, 2011.
- S. Bid, P. Sahu, and S. K. Pradhan, “Microstructure characterization of mechanosynthesized nanocrystalline NiFe2O4 by Rietveld's analysis,” Physica E, vol. 39, no. 2, pp. 175–184, 2007.
- G. Leofanti, M. Padovan, G. Tozzola, and B. Venturelli, “Surface area and pore texture of catalysts,” Catalysis Today, vol. 41, no. 1–3, pp. 207–219, 1998.
- S. A. Soliman and B. M. Abu-Zied, “Thermal genesis, characterization, and electrical conductivity measurements of terbium oxide catalyst obtained from terbium acetate,” Thermochimica Acta, vol. 491, no. 1-2, pp. 84–91, 2009.
- S. Ramesh, S. S. Manoharan, M. S. Hegde, and K. C. Patil, “Catalytic oxidation of ammonia to nitric-oxide over La2MO4 (M = Co, Ni, Cu) oxides,” Journal of Catalysis, vol. 157, no. 2, pp. 749–751, 1995.
- W. M. Shaheen and K. S. Hong, “Thermal characterization and physicochemical properties of Fe2O3-Mn2O3/AL2O3 system,” Thermochimica Acta, vol. 381, no. 2, pp. 153–164, 2002.
- W. M. Shaheen, A. A. Zahran, and G. A. El-Shobaky, “Surface and catalytic properties of NiO/MgO system doped with Fe2O3,” Colloids and Surfaces A, vol. 231, no. 1–3, pp. 51–65, 2003.
- W. M. Shaheen and A. A. Ali, “Thermal solid-solid interaction and physicochemical properties of CuO-Fe2O3 system,” International Journal of Inorganic Materials, vol. 3, no. 7, pp. 1073–1081, 2001.
- W. M. Shaheen and M. M. Selim, “Thermal characterization and catalytic properties of ZnO–Co3O4/Al2O3 system,” Afinidad, vol. 58, no. 493, pp. 217–224, 2001.
- W. M. Shaheen, “Thermal behaviour of pure and binary Fe(NO3)3·9H2O and (NH4)6Mo7O24·4H2O systems,” Materials Science and Engineering A, vol. 445-446, pp. 113–121, 2007.