- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Journal of Nanomaterials
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 452310, 5 pages
GaN Schottky Diode with TiW Electrodes on Silicon Substrate Based on AlN/AlGaN Buffer Layer
Institute of Microelectronics & Department of Electrical Engineering, Center for Micro/Nano Science and Technology, Advanced Optoelectronic Technology Center, National Cheng Kung University, Tainan 70101, Taiwan
Received 30 May 2012; Revised 12 November 2012; Accepted 26 November 2012
Academic Editor: Yong Yang
Copyright © 2012 Sheng-Po Chang. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- Y. Z. Chiou, Y. K. Su, S. J. Chang et al., “High detectivity InGaN-GaN multiquantum well p-n junction photodiodes,” IEEE Journal of Quantum Electronics, vol. 39, no. 5, pp. 681–685, 2003.
- E. Monroy, E. Muňoz, F. J. Sánchez et al., “High-performance GaN p-n junction photodetectors for solar ultraviolet applications,” Semiconductor Science and Technology, vol. 13, no. 9, p. 1042, 1998.
- G. Y. Xu, A. Salvador, W. Kim et al., “High speed, low noise ultraviolet photodetectors based on GaN p-i-n and AlGaN(p)-GaN(i)-GaN(n)structures,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 71, no. 15, p. 2154, 1997.
- M. Mosca, J. L. Reverchon, N. Grandjean, and J. Y. Duboz, “Multilayer (Al,Ga)N structures for solar-blind detection,” IEEE Journal on Selected Topics in Quantum Electronics, vol. 10, no. 4, pp. 752–758, 2004.
- N. Biyikli, I. Kimukin, O. Aytur, and E. Ozbay, “Solar-blind A1GaN-based p-i-n photodiodes with low dark current and high detectivity,” IEEE Photonics Technology Letters, vol. 16, no. 7, pp. 1718–1720, 2004.
- N. Biyikli, I. Kimukin, T. Tut, T. Kartaloglu, O. Aytur, and E. Ozbay, “High-speed characterization of solar-blind p-i-n photodiodes,” Semiconductor Science and Technology, vol. 19, no. 11, pp. 1259–1262, 2004.
- G. Parish, S. Keller, P. Kozodoy et al., “High-performance (Al,Ga)N-based solar-blind ultraviolet p-i-n detectors on laterally epitaxially overgrown GaN,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 75, no. 2, pp. 247–249, 1999.
- A. Osinsky, S. Gangopadhyay, R. Gaska et al., “Low noise p-π-n GaN ultraviolet photodetectors,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 71, no. 16, pp. 2334–2336, 1997.
- V. Adivarahan, G. Simin, J. W. Yang et al., “SiO2 lateral-geometry GaN transparent Schottky-barrier detectors,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 77, no. 6, pp. 863–865, 2000.
- S. J. Chang, M. L. Lee, J. K. Sheu et al., “GaN metal-semiconductor-metal photodetectors with low-temperature-GaN cap layers and ITO metal contacts,” IEEE Electron Device Letters, vol. 24, no. 4, pp. 212–214, 2003.
- O. Katz, V. Garber, B. Meyler, G. Bahir, and J. Salzman, “Gain mechanism in GaN Schottky ultraviolet detectors,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 79, no. 10, pp. 1417–1419, 2001.
- E. Monroy, T. Palacios, O. Hainaut, F. Omnès, F. Calle, and J. F. Hochedez, “Assessment of GaN metal-semiconductor-metal photodiodes for high-energy ultraviolet photodetection,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 80, no. 17, p. 3198, 2002.
- J. L. Pau, C. Rivera, E. Muňoz et al., “Response of ultra-low dislocation density GaN photodetectors in the near- and vacuum-ultraviolet,” Journal of Applied Physics, vol. 95, no. 12, p. 8275, 2004.
- C. F. Shih, N. C. Chen, C. A. Chang, and K. S. Liu, “Blue, Green and White InGaN Light-Emitting Diodes Grown on Si,” Japanese Journal of Applied Physics, vol. 44, pp. L140–L143, 2005.
- H. Ishikawa, K. Asano, B. Zhang, T. Egawa, and T. Jimbo, “Improved characteristics of GaN-based light-emitting diodes by distributed Bragg reflector grown on Si,” Physica Status Solidi, vol. 201, no. 12, pp. 2653–2657, 2004.
- S. Iwakami, M. Yanagihara, O. Machida et al., “AlGaN/GaN heterostructure field-effect transistors (HFETs) on Si substrates for large-current operation,” Japanese Journal of Applied Physics, vol. 43, pp. L831–L833, 2004.
- A. Curutchet, N. Malbert, N. Labat et al., “Low frequency drain noise comparison of AlGaN/GaN HEMT's grown on silicon, SiC and sapphire substrates,” Microelectronics Reliability, vol. 43, no. 9–11, pp. 1713–1718, 2003.
- P. Javorka, A. Alam, M. Marso et al., “Material and device issues of AlGaN/GaN HEMTs on silicon substrates,” Microelectronics Journal, vol. 34, no. 5–8, pp. 435–437, 2003.
- V. Hoël, Y. Guhel, B. Boudart et al., “Static measurements of GaN MESFETs on (111) Si substrates,” Electronics Letters, vol. 37, no. 17, pp. 1095–1096, 2001.
- Y. P. Hsu, S. J. Chang, W. S. Chen, J. K. Sheu, J. Y. Chu, and C. T. Kuo, “Crack-free high-brightness InGaN/GaN LEDs on Si(111) with initial AlGaN buffer and two LT-Al interlayers,” Journal of the Electrochemical Society, vol. 154, no. 3, pp. H191–H193, 2007.
- S. J. Chang, W. C. Lai, Y. K. Su, J. F. Chen, C. H. Liu, and U. H. Liaw, “InGaN-GaN multiquantum-well blue and green light-emitting diodes,” IEEE Journal of Selected Topics in Quantum Electronics, vol. 8, no. 2, pp. 278–283, 2002.
- S. J. Chang, C. S. Chang, Y. K. Su et al., “Highly reliable nitride-based LEDs with SPS+ITO upper contacts,” IEEE Journal of Quantum Electronics, vol. 39, no. 11, pp. 1439–1443, 2003.
- S. J. Chang, C. H. Kuo, Y. K. Su et al., “400-nm InGaN-GaN and InGaN-AlGaN multiquantum well light-emitting diodes,” IEEE Journal on Selected Topics in Quantum Electronics, vol. 8, no. 4, pp. 744–748, 2002.
- S. J. Chang, C. S. Chang, Y. K. Su et al., “Nitride-based flip-chip ITO LEDs,” IEEE Transactions on Advanced Packaging, vol. 28, no. 2, pp. 273–277, 2005.
- C. K. Wang, S. J. Chang, Y. K. Su et al., “GaN MSM UV photodetectors with titanium tungsten transparent electrodes,” IEEE Trans. Electron Dev, vol. 53, no. 1, pp. 38–42, 2006.
- Y. Z. Chiou, “Nitride-based p-i-n bandpass photodetectors,” IEEE Electron Device Letters, vol. 26, no. 3, pp. 172–174, 2005.
- A. Osinsky, S. Gangopadhyay, J. W. Yang, and R. Gaska, “Visible-blind GaN Schottky barrier detectors grown on Si(111),” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 72, no. 5, p. 551, 1998.
- Y. Z. Chiou, Y. C. Lin, and C. K. Wang, “A1GaN photodetectors prepared on Si substrates,” IEEE Electron Device Letters, vol. 28, no. 4, pp. 264–266, 2007.
- Y. K. Su, P. C. Chang, C. H. Chen et al., “Nitride-based MSM UV photodetectors with photo-chemical annealing Schottky contacts,” Solid-State Elctron, vol. 49, no. 3, pp. 459–463, 2005.