- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Nanomaterials
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 498286, 6 pages
Photoacoustic Study of CdS QDs for Application in Quantum-Dot-Sensitized Solar Cells
1Department of Physics, Taif University, Taif 21974, Saudi Arabia
2Department of Mathematical and Physical Engineering, Benha University, Benha 13511, Egypt
3Physics Department, Ain Shams University, Cairo 11566, Egypt
Received 11 April 2012; Accepted 8 September 2012
Academic Editor: Christian Brosseau
Copyright © 2012 S. Abdallah et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- B. Pejova, A. Tanuševski, and I. Grozdanov, “Semiconducting thin films of zinc selenide quantum dots,” Journal of Solid State Chemistry, vol. 177, no. 12, pp. 4785–4799, 2004.
- P. K. Khanna and N. Singh, “Light emitting CdS quantum dots in PMMA: synthesis and optical studies,” Journal of Luminescence, vol. 127, no. 2, pp. 474–482, 2007.
- D. Patidar, K. S. Rathore, N. S. Saxena, K. Sharma, and T. P. Sharma, “Energy band gap and conductivity measurement of CdSe thin films,” Chalcogenide Letters, vol. 5, no. 2, pp. 21–25, 2008.
- D. K. Dwivedi, Dayashankar, and M. Dubey, “Synthesis, characterization and electrical properties of ZnTe nanoparticles,” Journal of Ovonic Research, vol. 5, no. 1, pp. 35–41, 2009.
- P. Raji, C. Sanjeeviraja, and K. Ramachandran, “Thermal and structural properties of spray pyrolysed CdS thin film,” Bulletin of Materials Science, vol. 28, no. 3, pp. 233–238, 2005.
- F. Semendy and U. S. Army Research Laboratory, Colloidal CdTe Nanocrystals Synthesis and Characterization, Army Research Laboratory, Adelphi, Md, USA, 2008.
- P. Guyot-Sionnest, “Colloidal quantum dots,” Comptes Rendus Physique, vol. 9, no. 8, pp. 777–787, 2008.
- T. A. El-Brolossy, S. Abdallah, T. Abdallah, M. B. Mohamed, S. Negm, and H. Talaat, “Photoacoustic characterization of optical and thermal properties of CdSe quantum dots,” European Physical Journal, vol. 153, no. 1, pp. 365–368, 2008.
- S. D. George, S. Augustine, E. Mathai, P. Radhakrishnan, V. P. N. Nampoori, and C. P. G. Vallabhan, “Effect of Te doping on thermal diffusivity of Bi2Se3 crystals: a study using open cell photoacoustic technique,” Physica Status Solidi (a), vol. 196, no. 2, pp. 384–389, 2003.
- M. A. Gonza'lez-T, A. Cruz-Orea, M. de L. Albor-A, and F. de L. Castillo-A, “Thermal characterization and determination of recombination parameters in CdTe films on glass substrates by using open photoacoustic cell technique,” Thin Solid Films, vol. 480-481, pp. 358–361, 2005.
- K. Prabakar, H. Seo, M. Son, and H. Kim, “CdS quantum dots sensitized TiO2 photoelectrodes,” Materials Chemistry and Physics, vol. 117, no. 1, pp. 26–28, 2009.
- Y. Xie, S. H. Yoo, C. Chen, and S. O. Cho, “Ag2S quantum dots-sensitized TiO2 nanotube array photoelectrodes,” Materials Science and Engineering: B, vol. 177, no. 1, pp. 106–111, 2012.
- W. Lee, S. K. Min, V. Dhas, S. B. Ogale, and S. H. Han, “Chemical bath deposition of CdS quantum dots on vertically aligned ZnO nanorods for quantum dots-sensitized solar cells,” Electrochemistry Communications, vol. 11, no. 1, pp. 103–106, 2009.
- A. Tubtimtae, K. L. Wu, H. Y. Tung, M. W. Lee, and G. J. Wang, “Ag2S quantum dot-sensitized solar cells,” Electrochemistry Communications, vol. 12, no. 9, pp. 1158–1160, 2010.
- I. Barceló, T. Lana-Villarreal, and R. Gómez, “Efficient sensitization of ZnO nanoporous films with CdSe QDs grown by successive Ionic layer adsorption and reaction (SILAR),” Journal of Photochemistry and Photobiology A, vol. 220, no. 1, pp. 47–53, 2011.
- J. H. Bang and P. V. Kamat, “Quantum dot sensitized solar cells. a tale of two semiconductor nanocrystals: CdSe and CdTe,” ACS Nano, vol. 3, no. 6, pp. 1467–1476, 2009.
- L. Mora-Ser'o, S. Giménez, T. Moehl, et al., “Factors determining the photovoltaic performance of a CdSe quantum dot sensitized solar cell: the role of the linker molecule and of the counter electrode,” Nanotechnology, vol. 19, no. 42, Article ID 424007, 2008.
- S. Rühle, M. Shalom, and A. Zaban, “Quantum-dot-sensitized solar cells,” ChemPhysChem, vol. 11, no. 11, pp. 2290–2304, 2010.
- A. Salant, M. Shalom, I. Hod, A. Faust, A. Zaban, and U. Banin, “Quantum dot sensitized solar cells with improved efficiency prepared using electrophoretic deposition,” ACS Nano, vol. 4, no. 10, pp. 5962–5968, 2010.
- N. J. Smith, K. J. Emmett, and S. J. Rosenthal, “Photovoltaic cells fabricated by electrophoretic deposition of CdSe nanocrystals,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 93, no. 4, Article ID 043504, 2008.
- A. Kongkanand, K. Tvrdy, K. Takechi, M. Kuno, and P. V. Kamat, “Quantum dot solar cells. Tuning photoresponse through size and shape control of CdSe-TiO2 architecture,” Journal of the American Chemical Society, vol. 130, no. 12, pp. 4007–4015, 2008.
- D. R. Pernik, K. Tvrdy, G. J. Radich, and P. V. Kamat, “Tracking the adsorption and electron injection rates of CdSe quantum dots on TiO2: linked versus direct attachment,” The Journal of Physical Chemistry C, vol. 115, no. 27, pp. 13511–13519, 2011.
- P. V. Kamat, “Quantum dot solar cells. Semiconductor nanocrystals as light harvesters,” Journal of Physical Chemistry C, vol. 112, no. 48, pp. 18737–18753, 2008.
- S. Gim'enez, I. Mora-Seró, L. Macor, et al., “Improving the performance of colloidal quantum-dot-sensitized solar cells,” Nanotechnology, vol. 20, no. 29, Article ID 295204, 2009.
- N. Guijarro, T. Lana-Villarreal, I. Mora-Seró, et al., “CdSe quantum dot-sensitized TiO2 electrodes: effect of quantum dot coverage and mode of attachment,” The Journal of Physical Chemistry C, vol. 113, no. 10, pp. 4208–4214, 2009.
- L. Manna, E. C. Scher, and A. P. Alivisatos, “Synthesis of soluble and processable rod-, arrow-, teardrop-, and tetrapod-shaped CdSe nanocrystals,” Journal of the American Chemical Society, vol. 122, no. 51, pp. 12700–12706, 2000.
- G. Syrrokostas, M. Giannouli, and P. Yianoulis, “Effects of paste storage on the properties of nanostructured thin films for the development of dye-sensitized solar cells,” Renewable Energy, vol. 34, no. 7, pp. 1759–1764, 2009.