- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Journal of Nanomaterials
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 519516, 7 pages
Property Evaluation of Bletilla striata/Polyvinyl Alcohol Nano Fibers and Composite Dressings
1Laboratory of Fiber Application and Manufacturing, Department of Fiber and Composite Materials, Feng Chia University, Taichung 40724, Taiwan
2School of Chinese Medicine, China Medical University, Taichung 40402, Taiwan
3Graduate Institute of Biotechnology, Central Taiwan University of Science and Technology, Taichung 40601, Taiwan
4Department of Biomedical Engineering, National Cheng Kung University, Tainan 70101, Taiwan
5Department of Biomedical Imaging and Radiological Science, China Medical University, Taichung 40402, Taiwan
6Department of Aerospace and Systems Engineering, Feng Chia University, Taichung 40724, Taiwan
7Institute of Biomedical Engineering and Material Science, Central Taiwan University of Science and Technology, Taichung 40601, Taiwan
Received 19 June 2012; Accepted 25 September 2012
Academic Editor: Xiao-Miao Feng
Copyright © 2012 Jia-Horng Lin et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- N. S. Levine, R. A. Lindberg, R. E. Salisbury, A. D. Mason Jr., and B. A. Pruitt Jr., “Comparison of coarse mesh gauze with biologic dressings on granulating wounds,” American Journal of Surgery, vol. 131, no. 6, pp. 727–729, 1976.
- G. Linda and M. Phillips, “Wound healing,” in Sabiston Textbook of Surgery, 16th edition.
- M. Malmsjö, R. Ingemansson, R. Martin, and E. Huddleston, “Negative-pressure wound therapy using gauze or open-cell polyurethane foam: similar early effects on pressure transduction and tissue contraction in an experimental porcine wound model,” Wound Repair and Regeneration, vol. 17, no. 2, pp. 200–205, 2009.
- M. McGuckin, R. Goldman, L. Bolton, and R. Salcido, “The clinical relevance of microbiology in acute and chronic wounds,” Advances in Skin & Wound Care, vol. 16, no. 1, pp. 12–23, 2003.
- M. J. Morykwas, L. C. Argenta, E. I. Shelton-Brown, and W. McGuirt, “Vacuum-assisted closure: a new method for wound control and treatment: animal studies and basic foundation,” Annals of Plastic Surgery, vol. 38, no. 6, pp. 553–562, 1997.
- M. J. Morykwas, L. C. Argenta, E. I. Shelton-Brown, and W. McGuirt, “Vacuum-assisted closure: a new method for wound control and treatment: animal studies and basic foundation,” Annals of Plastic Surgery, vol. 38, no. 6, pp. 563–577, 1997.
- M. J. Morykwas and L. C. Argenta, “Nonsurgical modalities to enhance healing and care of soft tissue wounds,” Journal of the Southern Orthopaedic Association, vol. 6, no. 4, pp. 279–288, 1997.
- T. A. Mustoe, “Evolution of silicone therapy and mechanism of action in scar management,” Aesthetic Plastic Surgery, vol. 32, no. 1, pp. 82–92, 2008.
- J. Zeleny, “The electrical discharge from liquid points and a hydrostatic method of measuring the electric intensity at their surface,” Physical Review, vol. 3, no. 2, pp. 69–91, 1914.
- A. Formhals, “Process and Apparatus for Preparing Artificial Threads,” US Patent, 1, 975, 504, 1934.
- A. Formhals, “Method and Apparatus for Spinning,” US Patent, 2, 160, 962, 1939.
- A. Formhals, “Artificial Thread and Method of Producing Same,” US Patent, 2,187,306, 1940.
- S. Y. Gu, J. Ren, and G. J. Vancso, “Process optimization and empirical modeling for electrospun polyacrylonitrile (PAN) nanofiber precursor of carbon nanofibers,” European Polymer Journal, vol. 41, no. 11, pp. 2559–2568, 2005.
- K. T. Shalumon, N. S. Binulal, N. Selvamurugan et al., “Electrospinning of carboxymethyl chitin/poly(vinyl alcohol) nanofibrous scaffolds for tissue engineering applications,” Carbohydrate Polymers, vol. 77, no. 4, pp. 863–869, 2009.
- Y. T. Jia, J. Gong, X. H. Gu, H. Y. Kim, J. Dong, and X. Y. Shen, “Fabrication and characterization of poly (vinyl alcohol)/chitosan blend nanofibers produced by electrospinning method,” Carbohydrate Polymers, vol. 67, no. 3, pp. 403–409, 2007.
- N. Charernsriwilaiwat, P. Opanasopit, T. Rojanarata, T. Ngawhirunpat, and P. Supaphol, “Preparation and characterization of chitosan-hydroxybenzotriazole/polyvinyl alcohol blend nanofibers by the electrospinning technique,” Carbohydrate Polymers, vol. 81, no. 3, pp. 675–680, 2010.
- S. E. Shih, Textile Physics, Taiwan Textile Research Institute, Taipei, Taiwan, 2000.
- C. A. Lin, “Fiber Chemistry,” Taiwan Silk & Filament Weaving Industrial Information Web, 2006.
- H. Diao, X. Li, J. Chen et al., “Bletilla striata polysaccharide stimulates inducible nitric oxide synthase and proinflammatory cytokine expression in macrophages,” Journal of Bioscience and Bioengineering, vol. 105, no. 2, pp. 85–89, 2008.
- X. Miao, Shennong Ben Cao Jing Su, China Press of Traditional Chinese Medicine, Beijing, China, 1997.
- Shi-zhen Li, Pen Ts'ao Kang Mu, China Press of Traditional Chinese Medicine, Beijing, China, 1998.
- A. Wang, Pen Ts'ao Pei Yao, China Press of Traditional Chinese Medicine, Beijing, China, 1998.
- C. W. Lou, J. J. Hu, C. C. Huang, C. T. Lu, C. T. Hsieh, and J. H. Lin, “Preparation and characterization of polyester fibers/absorbent cotton composite dressing matrix fabrics,” Advanced Materials Research, vol. 287–290, pp. 2721–2724, 2011.
- N. K. Adam, “Use of the term “Young's Equation” for contact angles,” Nature, vol. 180, no. 4590, pp. 809–810, 1957.