- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Nanomaterials
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 525419, 8 pages
Study on the Morphologies and Formational Mechanism of Poly(hydroxybutyrate-co-hydroxyvalerate) Ultrafine Fibers by Dry-Jet-Wet-Electrospinning
1College of Material Science & Engineering, Donghua University, Songjiang, Shanghai 201620, China
2State Key Lab for Modification of Chemical Fibers and Polymer Materials, 2999 North Renmin Road, Songjiang, Shanghai 201620, China
Received 27 June 2012; Revised 3 October 2012; Accepted 3 October 2012
Academic Editor: Yanqiu Zhu
Copyright © 2012 Shuqi Zhu et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- X. H. Qin and S. Y. Wang, “Filtration properties of electrospinning nanofibers,” Journal of Applied Polymer Science, vol. 102, no. 2, pp. 1285–1290, 2006.
- C. H. Hung and W. W. F. Leung, “Filtration of nano-aerosol using nanofiber filter under low Peclet number and transitional flow regime,” Separation and Purification Technology, vol. 79, no. 1, pp. 34–42, 2011.
- J. A. Matthews, G. E. Wnek, D. G. Simpson, and G. L. Bowlin, “Electrospinning of collagen nanofibers,” Biomacromolecules, vol. 3, no. 2, pp. 232–238, 2002.
- F. Yang, R. Murugan, S. Wang, and S. Ramakrishna, “Electrospinning of nano/micro scale poly(l-lactic acid) aligned fibers and their potential in neural tissue engineering,” Biomaterials, vol. 26, no. 15, pp. 2603–2610, 2005.
- W. J. Li, C. T. Laurencin, E. J. Caterson, R. S. Tuan, and F. K. Ko, “Electrospun nanofibrous structure: a novel scaffold for tissue engineering,” Journal of Biomedical Materials Research, vol. 60, no. 4, pp. 613–621, 2002.
- L. Chen, L. Bromberg, H. Schreuder-Gibson, J. Walker, T. A. Hatton, and G. C. Rutledge, “Chemical protection fabrics via surface oximation of electrospun polyacrylonitrile fiber mats,” Journal of Materials Chemistry, vol. 19, no. 16, pp. 2432–2438, 2009.
- L. Chen, L. Bromberg, J. A. Lee et al., “Multifunctional electrospun fabrics via layer-by-layer electrostatic assembly for chemical and biological protection,” Chemistry of Materials, vol. 22, no. 4, pp. 1429–1436, 2010.
- X. J. Huang, A. G. Yu, J. Jiang, C. Pan, J. W. Qian, and Z. K. Xu, “Surface modification of nanofibrous poly(acrylonitrile-co-acrylic acid) membrane with biomacromolecules for lipase immobilization,” Journal of Molecular Catalysis B, vol. 57, no. 1–4, pp. 250–256, 2009.
- J. Kim, J. W. Grate, and P. Wang, “Nanobiocatalysis and its potential applications,” Trends in Biotechnology, vol. 26, no. 11, pp. 639–646, 2008.
- X. Wang, B. Ding, J. Yu, M. Wang, and F. Pan, “A highly sensitive humidity sensor based on a nanofibrous membrane coated quartz crystal microbalance,” Nanotechnology, vol. 21, no. 5, Article ID 055502, 2010.
- C. Zhang, X. Wang, J. Lin, B. Ding, J. Yu, and N. Pan, “Nanoporous polystyrene fibers functionalized by polyethyleneimine for enhanced formaldehyde sensing,” Sensors and Actuators B, vol. 152, no. 2, pp. 316–323, 2011.
- X. Wang, B. Ding, J. Yu, Y. Si, S. Yang, and G. Sun, “Electro-netting: fabrication of two-dimensional nano-nets for highly sensitive trimethylamine sensing,” Nanoscale, vol. 3, no. 3, pp. 911–915, 2011.
- H. Fong, I. Chun, and D. H. Reneker, “Beaded nanofibers formed during electrospinning,” Polymer, vol. 40, no. 16, pp. 4585–4592, 1999.
- D. H. Reneker and A. L. Yarin, “Electrospinning jets and polymer nanofibers,” Polymer, vol. 49, no. 10, pp. 2387–2425, 2008.
- M. M. Hohman, M. Shin, G. Rutledge, and M. P. Brenner, “Electrospinning and electrically forced jets. I. Stability theory,” Physics of Fluids, vol. 13, no. 8, pp. 2201–2220, 2001.
- Y. M. Shin, M. M. Hohman, M. P. Brenner, and G. C. Rutledge, “Experimental characterization of electrospinning: the electrically forced jet and instabilities,” Polymer, vol. 42, no. 25, pp. 9955–9967, 2001.
- G. Viswanathan, S. Murugesan, V. Pushparaj, O. Nalamasu, P. M. Ajayan, and R. J. Linhardt, “Preparation of biopolymer fibers by electrospinning from room temperature ionic liquids,” Biomacromolecules, vol. 7, no. 2, pp. 415–418, 2006.
- S. Xu, J. Zhang, A. He, J. Li, H. Zhang, and C. C. Han, “Electrospinning of native cellulose from nonvolatile solvent system,” Polymer, vol. 49, no. 12, pp. 2911–2917, 2008.
- E. Smit, U. Buttner, and R. D. Sanderson, “Continuous yarns from electrospun fibers,” Polymer, vol. 46, no. 8, pp. 2419–2423, 2005.
- K. Acatay, E. Simsek, C. Ow-Yang, and Y. Z. Menceloglu, “Tunable, superhydrophobically stable polymeric surfaces by electrospinning,” Angewandte Chemie—International Edition, vol. 43, no. 39, pp. 5210–5213, 2004.
- M. Ma, Y. Mao, M. Gupta, K. K. Gleason, and G. C. Rutledge, “Superhydrophobic fabrics produced by electrospinning and chemical vapor deposition,” Macromolecules, vol. 38, no. 23, pp. 9742–9748, 2005.
- N. Q. Zhan, Y. X. Li, C. Q. Zhang et al., “A novel multinozzle electrospinning process for preparing superhydrophobic PS films with controllable bead-on-string/microfiber morphology,” Journal of Colloid and Interface Science, vol. 345, no. 2, pp. 491–495, 2010.
- M. F. Zhu, W. W. Zuo, H. Yu, W. Yang, and Y. Chen, “Superhydrophobic surface directly created by electrospinning based on hydrophilic material,” Journal of Materials Science, vol. 41, no. 12, pp. 3793–3797, 2006.
- Y. Il. Yoon, H. S. Moon, W. S. Lyoo, T. S. Lee, and W. H. Park, “Superhydrophobicity of PHBV fibrous surface with bead-on-string structure,” Journal of Colloid and Interface Science, vol. 320, no. 1, pp. 91–95, 2008.
- K. Sombatmankhong, O. Suwantong, S. Waleetorncheepsawat, and P. Supaphol, “Electrospun fiber mats of poly(3-hydroxybutyrate), poly(3-hydroxybutyrate-co-3-hydroxyvalerate), and their blends,” Journal of Polymer Science B, vol. 44, no. 19, pp. 2923–2933, 2006.
- Y. I. Yoon, H. S. Moon, W. S. Lyoo, T. S. Lee, and W. H. Park, “Superhydrophobicity of PHBV fibrous surface with bead-on-string structure,” Journal of Colloid and Interface Science, vol. 320, no. 1, pp. 91–95, 2008.
- W. Zuo, M. Zhu, W. Yang, H. Yu, Y. Chen, and Y. Zhang, “Experimental study on relationship between jet instability and formation of beaded fibers during electrospinning,” Polymer Engineering and Science, vol. 45, no. 5, pp. 704–709, 2005.
- A. B. D. Cassie and S. Baxter, “Wettability of porous surfaces,” Transactions of the Faraday Society, vol. 40, pp. 546–551, 1944.