- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Nanomaterials
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 526580, 5 pages
Properties of Surfactin C-15 Nanopeptide and Its Cytotoxic Effect on Human Cervix Cancer (HeLa) Cell Line
Deptartement of Biology, Faculty of Science, University of Mohaghegh Ardabili, Ardabil 11367-56199, Iran
Received 16 February 2012; Revised 24 October 2012; Accepted 9 November 2012
Academic Editor: Xiaoming Li
Copyright © 2012 Zahra Nozhat et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- X. Y. Liu, S. Z. Yang, and B. Z. Mu, “Production and characterization of a C15-surfactin-O-methyl ester by a lipopeptide producing strain Bacillus subtilis HSO121,” Process Biochemistry, vol. 44, no. 10, pp. 1144–1151, 2009.
- J. Liu, A. Zou, and B. Mu, “Surfactin effect on the physicochemical property of PC liposome,” Colloids and Surfaces A, vol. 361, no. 1–3, pp. 90–95, 2010.
- H. Kell, J. F. Holzwarth, C. Boettcher, R. K. Heenan, and J. Vater, “Physicochemical studies of the interaction of the lipoheptapeptide surfactin with lipid bilayers of l-α-dimyristoyl phosphatidylcholine,” Biophysical Chemistry, vol. 128, no. 2-3, pp. 114–124, 2007.
- L. Rodrigues, I. M. Banat, J. Teixeira, and R. Oliveira, “Biosurfactants: potential applications in medicine,” Journal of Antimicrobial Chemotherapy, vol. 57, no. 4, pp. 609–618, 2006.
- P. Singh and S. S. Cameotra, “Potential applications of microbial surfactants in biomedical sciences,” Trends in Biotechnology, vol. 22, no. 3, pp. 142–146, 2004.
- S. S. Cameotra and R. S. Makkar, “Recent applications of biosurfactants as biological and immunological molecules,” Current Opinion in Microbiology, vol. 7, no. 3, pp. 262–266, 2004.
- M. Bortolato, F. Besson, and B. Roux, “Inhibition of alkaline phosphatase by surfactin, a natural chelating lipopeptide from Bacillus subtilis,” Biotechnology Letters, vol. 19, no. 5, pp. 433–435, 1997.
- R. Maget-Dana and M. Ptak, “Interactions of surfactin with membrane models,” Biophysical Journal, vol. 68, no. 5, pp. 1937–1943, 1995.
- S. Y. Kim, J. Y. Kim, S. H. Kim et al., “Surfactin from Bacillus subtilis displays anti-proliferative effect via apoptosis induction, cell cycle arrest and survival signaling suppression,” FEBS Letters, vol. 581, no. 5, pp. 865–871, 2007.
- X. Li, L. Wang, Y. Fan, Q. Feng, and F. Cui, “Biocompatibility and toxicity of nanoparticles and nanotubes,” Journal of Nanomaterials, vol. 2012, Article ID 548389, 19 pages, 2012.
- J. D. Desai and I. M. Banat, “Microbial production of surfactants and their commercial potential,” Microbiology and Molecular Biology Reviews, vol. 61, pp. 47–64, 1997.
- X. Li, C. A. van Blitterswijk, Q. Feng, F. Cui, and F. Watari, “The effect of calcium phosphate microstructure on bone-related cells in vitro,” Biomaterials, vol. 29, no. 23, pp. 3306–3316, 2008.
- X. Li, H. Liu, X. Niu et al., “The use of carbo n nanotubes to induce osteogenic differentiation of human adipose-derived MSCs in vitro and ectopic bone formation in vivo,” Biomaterials 33, pp. 4818–4827, 2012.
- S. K. Smart, A. I. Cassady, G. Q. Lu, and D. J. Martin, “The biocompatibility of carbon nanotubes,” Carbon, vol. 44, no. 6, pp. 1034–1047, 2006.
- H. Abbasi, K. A. Noghabi, M. M. Hamedi et al., “Physicochemical characterization of a monorhamnolipid secreted by Pseudomonas aeruginosa MA01 in aqueous media. An experimental and molecular dynamics study,” Colloids and Surfaces B, vol. 101, pp. 256–265, 2013.
- S. Dufour, M. Deleu, K. Nott, B. Wathelet, P. Thonart, and M. Paquot, “Hemolytic activity of new linear surfactin analogs in relation to their physico-chemical properties,” Biochimica et Biophysica Acta, vol. 1726, no. 1, pp. 87–95, 2005.
- X. Cao, A. H. Wang, R. Z. Jiao et al., “Surfactin induces apoptosis and G2/M arrest in human breast cancer MCF-7 cells through cell cycle factor regulation,” Cell Biochemistry and Biophysics, vol. 55, no. 3, pp. 163–171, 2009.
- C. D. Helganson and C. L. Miller, Basic Cell Culture Protocols, vol. 290, Human Press, 2003.
- A. Doyle and J. B. Griffiths, Cell and Tissue Culture. Laboratory Procedures in Biotechnology, John Wiley & Sons, 1998.
- A. Zou, J. Liu, V. M. Garamus, Y. Yang, R. Willumeit, and B. Mu, “Micellization activity of the natural lipopeptide [Glui, Asp5] surfactin-C15 in aqueous solution,” Journal of Physical Chemistry B, vol. 114, no. 8, pp. 2712–2718, 2010.