- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Nanomaterials
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 592147, 8 pages
Preparation and Hydrogen Storage Properties of Mg-Rich Mg-Ni Ultrafine Particles
1Shanghai Engineering Research Center of Magnesium Materials and Applications and National Engineering Research Center of Light Alloy Net Forming, Shanghai Jiao Tong University, Shanghai 200240, China
2State Key Laboratory of Metal Matrix Composites, School of Materials Science and Engineering, Shanghai Jiao Tong University, Shanghai 200240, China
3Unité Matériaux Et Transformations (UMET), CNRS UMR 8207, Université Lille 1, 59655 Villeneuve d'Ascq, France
Received 29 August 2012; Accepted 16 October 2012
Academic Editor: Kemin Zhang
Copyright © 2012 Jianxin Zou et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- H. Y. Shao, Y. T. Wang, H. R. Xu, et al., “Preparation of Mg-based hydrogen storage materials from metal nanoparticles,” Journal of Alloys and Compounds, vol. 465, no. 1-2, pp. 527–533, 2000.
- T. Z. Si, D. M. Liu, and Q. A. Zhang, “Microstructure and hydrogen storage properties of the laser sintered Mg2Ni alloy,” International Journal of Hydrogen Energy, vol. 32, no. 18, pp. 4912–4916, 2007.
- J. X. Zou, X. Q. Zeng, Y. J. Ying, P. Stephane, and W. J. Ding, “Preparation and hydrogen sorption properties of a nano-structured Mg Based Mg-La-O composite,” International Journal of Hydrogen Energy, vol. 37, no. 17, pp. 13067–13073, 2012.
- N. Hanada, T. Ichikawa, and H. Fujii, “Catalytic effect of Ni nano-particle and Nb oxide on H-desorption properties in MgH2 prepared by ball milling,” Journal of Alloys and Compounds, vol. 404–406, pp. 716–719, 2005.
- T. B. Massalski, Ed., Binary Alloy Phase Diagram, American Society for Metals, 1986.
- A. A. Nayeb-Hashemi and J. B. Clark, “The Mg−Ni (Magnesium-Nickel) system,” Journal of Phase Equilibria, vol. 6, no. 3, pp. 238–244, 1985.
- C. C. Koch, “Synthesis of nanostructured materials by mechanical milling: problems and opportunities,” Nanostructured Materials, vol. 9, no. 1–8, pp. 13–22, 1997.
- J. Huot, H. Enoki, and E. Akiba, “Synthesis, phase transformation, and hydrogen storage properties of ball-milled TiV0.9Mn1.1,” Journal of Alloys and Compounds, vol. 453, no. 1-2, pp. 203–209, 2008.
- T. Liu, H. Y. Shao, and X. G. Li, “Oxidation behaviour of Fe3Al nanoparticles prepared by hydrogen plasma-metal reaction,” Nanotechnology, vol. 14, no. 5, pp. 542–545, 2003.
- J. F. Bisson and C. Moreau, “Effect of direct-current plasma fluctuations on in-flight particle parameters: part II,” Journal of Thermal Spray Technology, vol. 12, no. 2, pp. 258–264, 2003.
- S. Ohno and M. Uda, “Generation rate of ultrafine metal particles in “hydrogen plasma-metal” reaction,” Journal of the Japan Institute of Metals, vol. 48, no. 6, pp. 640–646, 1984.
- H. Y. Shao, H. R. Xu, Y. T. Wang, and X. G. Li, “Preparation and hydrogen storage properties of Mg2Ni intermetallic nanoparticles,” Nanotechnology, vol. 15, no. 3, pp. 269–274, 2004.
- H. Y. Shao, T. Liu, X. G. Li, and L. F. Zhang, “Preparation of Mg2Ni intermetallic compound from nanoparticles,” Scripta Materialia, vol. 49, no. 6, pp. 595–599, 2003.
- V. Bérubé, G. Radtke, M. Dresselhaus, and G. Chen, “Size effects on the hydrogen storage properties of nanostructured metal hydrides: a review,” International Journal of Energy Research, vol. 31, no. 6-7, pp. 637–663, 2007.
- G. Liang, S. Boily, J. Huot, A. V. Neste, and R. Schulz, “Hydrogen absorption properties of a mechanically milled Mg-50 wt.% LaNi5 composite,” Journal of Alloys and Compounds, vol. 268, no. 1-2, pp. 302–307, 1998.
- J. J. Reilly and R. H. Wiswall, “Reaction of hydrogen with alloys of magnesium and nickel and the formation of Mg2NiH4,” Inorganic Chemistry, vol. 7, no. 11, pp. 2254–2256, 1968.
- T. R. Jensen, A. Andreasen, T. Vegge et al., “Dehydrogenation kinetics of pure and nickel-doped magnesium hydride investigated by in situ time-resolved powder X-ray diffraction,” International Journal of Hydrogen Energy, vol. 31, no. 14, pp. 2052–2062, 2006.
- H. Y. Shao, Y. T. Wang, H. R. Xu, and X. G. Li, “Hydrogen storage properties of magnesium ultrafine particles prepared by hydrogen plasma-metal reaction,” Materials Science and Engineering B, vol. 110, no. 2, pp. 221–226, 2004.
- L. Li, T. Akiyama, and J. I. Yagi, “Reaction mechanism of hydriding combustion synthesis of Mg2NiH4,” Intermetallics, vol. 7, no. 6, pp. 671–677, 1999.
- K. F. Aguey-Zinsou, J. R. Ares Fernandez, T. Klassen, and R. Bormann, “Effect of Nb2O5 on MgH2 properties during mechanical milling,” International Journal of Hydrogen Energy, vol. 32, no. 13, pp. 2400–2407, 2007.
- G. Barkhordarian, T. Klassen, and R. Bormann, “Fast hydrogen sorption kinetics of nanocrystalline Mg using Nb2O5 as catalyst,” Scripta Materialia, vol. 49, no. 3, pp. 213–217, 2003.