- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Nanomaterials
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 748639, 5 pages
Spin Current Switching and Spin-Filtering Effects in Mn-Doped Boron Nitride Nanoribbons
“Materials and Devices for Electronics and Optoelectronics” Research Center, Faculty of Physics, University of Bucharest,
P.O. Box MG-11, Magurele-Ilfov 077125, Romania
Received 2 August 2012; Accepted 3 September 2012
Academic Editor: Yong Guo
Copyright © 2012 G. A. Nemnes. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- D. Ma, Z. Lu, W. Ju, and Y. Tang, “First-principles studies of BN sheets with absorbed transition metal single atoms or dimers: stabilities, electronic structures, and magnetic properties,” Journal of Physics Condensed Matter, vol. 24, no. 14, Article ID 145501, 2012.
- T. L. Mitran, A. Nicolaev, G. A. Nemnes, L. Ion, and S. Antohe, “Magnetic behavior and clustering effects in Mn-doped boron nitride sheets,” Journal of Physics Condensed Matter, vol. 24, no. 32, Article ID 326003, 2012.
- K. S. Novoselov, D. Jiang, F. Schedin et al., “Two-dimensional atomic crystals,” Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America, vol. 102, no. 30, pp. 10451–10453, 2005.
- D. Paciĺ, J. C. Meyer, C. Girit, and A. Zettl, “The two-dimensional phase of boron nitride: few-atomic-layer sheets and suspended membranes,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 92, no. 13, Article ID 133107, 2008.
- C. Lee, Q. Li, W. Kalb et al., “Frictional characteristics of atomically thin sheets,” Science, vol. 328, no. 5974, pp. 76–80, 2010.
- N. Alem, R. Erni, C. Kisielowski, M. D. Rossell, W. Gannett, and A. Zettl, “Atomically thin hexagonal boron nitride probed by ultrahigh-resolution transmission electron microscopy,” Physical Review B, vol. 80, no. 15, Article ID 155425, 2009.
- C. Jin, F. Lin, K. Suenaga, and S. Iijima, “Fabrication of a freestanding boron nitride single layer and Its defect assignments,” Physical Review Letters, vol. 102, no. 19, Article ID 195505, 2009.
- C. Zhi, Y. Bando, C. Tang, H. Kuwahara, and D. Golberg, “Large-scale fabrication of boron nitride nanosheets and their utilization in polymeric composites with improved thermal and mechanical properties,” Advanced Materials, vol. 21, no. 28, pp. 2889–2893, 2009.
- A. Nag, K. Raidongia, K. P. S. S. Hembram, R. Datta, U. V. Waghmare, and C. N. R. Rao, “Graphene analogues of BN: novel synthesis and properties,” ACS Nano, vol. 4, no. 3, pp. 1539–1544, 2010.
- L. Song, L. Ci, H. Lu et al., “Large scale growth and characterization of atomic hexagonal boron nitride layers,” Nano Letters, vol. 10, no. 8, pp. 3209–3215, 2010.
- L. Ci, L. Song, C. Jin et al., “Atomic layers of hybridized boron nitride and graphene domains,” Nature Materials, vol. 9, no. 5, pp. 430–435, 2010.
- E. A. Basheer, P. Parida, and S. K. Pati, “Electronic and magnetic properties of BNC nanoribbons: a detailed computational study,” New Journal of Physics, vol. 13, Article ID 053008, 2011.
- V. Barone, O. Hod, and G. E. Scuseria, “Electronic structure and stability of semiconducting graphene nanoribbons,” Nano Letters, vol. 6, no. 12, pp. 2748–2754, 2006.
- J. M. Soler, E. Artacho, J. D. Gale et al., “The SIESTA method for ab initio order-N materials simulation,” Journal of Physics Condensed Matter, vol. 14, no. 11, pp. 2745–2779, 2002.
- M. Brandbyge, J. L. Mozos, P. Ordejón, J. Taylor, and K. Stokbro, “Density-functional method for nonequilibrium electron transport,” Physical Review B, vol. 65, no. 16, Article ID 165401, 2002.