- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Journal of Nanomaterials
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 781236, 7 pages
Mixed Nanostructured Ti-W Oxides Films for Efficient Electrochromic Windows
1University of Engineering and Technology, Vietnam National University, Hanoi, 144 Xuan Thuy Street, Cau Giay, Hanoi 10000, Vietnam
2Department of Physics, Concordia University, 7141 Sherbrooke Street West, Montreal, QC, H4B 1R6, Canada
Received 20 March 2012; Accepted 18 May 2012
Academic Editor: Jai Singh
Copyright © 2012 Nguyen Nang Dinh et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- C. G. Granqvist, Handbook of Inorganic Electrochromic Materials, Elsevier, Amsterdam, The Netherlands, 1995.
- C. G. Granqvist, A. Azens, P. Heszler, L. B. Kish, and L. Österlund, “Nanomaterials for benign indoor environments: electrochromics for “smart windows”, sensors for air quality, and photo-catalysts for air cleaning,” Solar Energy Materials and Solar Cells, vol. 91, no. 4, pp. 355–365, 2007.
- A. Karuppasamy and A. Subrahmanyam, “Studies on electrochromic smart windows based on titanium doped WO3 thin films,” Thin Solid Films, vol. 516, no. 2–4, pp. 175–178, 2007.
- L. Meda, R. C. Breitkopf, T. E. Haas, and R. U. Kirss, “Investigation of electrochromic properties of nanocrystalline tungsten oxide thin film,” Thin Solid Films, vol. 402, no. 1-2, pp. 126–130, 2002.
- N. Naseri, R. Azimirad, O. Akhavan, and A. Z. Moshfegh, “Improved electrochromical properties of sol-gel WO3 thin films by doping gold nanocrystals,” Thin Solid Films, vol. 518, no. 8, pp. 2250–2257, 2010.
- G. Beydaghyan, G. Bader, and P. V. Ashrit, “Electrochromic and morphological investigation of dry-lithiated nanostructured tungsten trioxide thin films,” Thin Solid Films, vol. 516, no. 8, pp. 1646–1650, 2008.
- N. N. Dinh, N. T. T. Oanh, P. D. Long, M. C. Bernard, and A. H. L. Goff, “Electrochromic properties of TiO2 anatase thin films prepared by a dipping sol-gel method,” Thin Solid Films, vol. 423, no. 1, pp. 70–76, 2003.
- N. Nang Dinh, N. Minh Quyen, D. N. Chung, M. Zikova, and V. V. Truong, “Highly-efficient electrochromic performance of nanostructured TiO2 films made by doctor blade technique,” Solar Energy Materials and Solar Cells, vol. 95, no. 2, pp. 618–623, 2011.
- E. A. Meulenkamp, “Mechanism of WO3 electrodeposition from peroxy-tungstate solution,” Journal of the Electrochemical Society, vol. 144, no. 5, pp. 1664–1671, 1997.
- G. Campet, J. Portier, S. J. Wen, B. Morel, M. Bourrel, and J. M. Chabagno, “Electrochromism and electrochromic windows,” Active and Passive Electronic Components, vol. 14, pp. 225–231, 1992.
- P. D. Long, N. N. Dinh, M. C. Bernard, and A. H. Le Goff, “Preparation and study of electrochromic properties of tunsten oxides films made by electrochemical method,” Vietnam Communications in Physics, vol. 10, no. 3, pp. 164–170, 2000.
- B. D. Cullity, Elements of X-Ray Diffraction, Addison-Wesley, Reading, Mass, USA, 2nd edition, 1978.
- Y. Shigesato, “Photochromic properties of amorphous WO3 films,” Japanese Journal of Applied Physics, vol. 30, no. 7, pp. 1457–1462, 1991.
- S. I. C. de Torresi, A. Gorenstein, R. M. Torresi, and M. V. Vázquez, “Electrochromism of WO3 in acid solutions: an electrochemical, optical and electrogravimetric study,” Journal of Electroanalytical Chemistry, vol. 318, no. 1-2, pp. 131–144, 1991.
- P. M. S. Monk, R. J. Mortimer, and D. R. Rosseinsky, Electrochromism: Fundamentals and Applications, Wiley-VCH, Weinheim, Germany, 1995.
- P. Delichère, P. Falaras, and A. Hugot-Le Goff, “WO3 anodic films in organic medium for electrochromic display devices,” Solar Energy Materials, vol. 19, no. 3–5, pp. 323–333, 1989.
- L. Kullman, A. Azens, and C. Granqvist, “Decreased electrochromism in Li-intercalated Ti oxide films containing La, Ce, and Pr,” Journal of Applied Physics, vol. 81, no. 12, pp. 8002–8010, 1997.