- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Journal of Nanomaterials
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 819403, 6 pages
Preparation and Characterization of Alumina Nanoparticles in Deionized Water Using Laser Ablation Technique
1Applied Nanotechnology Laboratory (ANT Lab), Department of Physics, King Mongkut’s University of Technology Thonburi, Bangkok 10140, Thailand
2Thailand Center of Excellence in Physics, CHE, Ministry of Education, Bangkok 10400, Thailand
Received 9 August 2012; Accepted 23 October 2012
Academic Editor: Jian Wei
Copyright © 2012 Veeradate Piriyawong et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- W. Ueda, M. Sadakane, and H. Ogihara, “Nano-structuring of complex metal oxides for catalytic oxidation,” Catalysis Today, vol. 132, no. 1–4, pp. 2–8, 2008.
- T. Gessner, K. Gottfried, R. Hoffmann et al., “Metal oxide gas sensor for high temperature application,” Microsystem Technologies, vol. 6, no. 5, pp. 169–174, 2000.
- J. H. Kim, E. K. Kim, C. H. Lee, M. S. Song, Y.-H. Kim, and J. Kim, “Electrical properties of metal-oxide semiconductor nano-particle device,” Physica E, vol. 26, no. 1–4, pp. 432–435, 2005.
- P. D. Pria, “Evolution and new application of the alumina ceramics in joint replacement,” European Journal of Orthopaedic Surgery and Traumatology, vol. 17, no. 3, pp. 253–256, 2007.
- H. Farsi and F. Gobal, “Theoretical analysis of the performance of a model supercapacitor consisting of metal oxide nano-particles,” Journal of Solid State Electrochemistry, vol. 11, no. 8, pp. 1085–1092, 2007.
- A. C. Dillon, A. H. Mahan, R. Deshpande, P. A. Parilla, K. M. Jones, and S.-H. Lee, “Metal oxide nano-particles for improved electrochromic and lithium-ion battery technologies,” Thin Solid Films, vol. 516, no. 5, pp. 794–797, 2008.
- L. D. Hart, Alumina Chemicals: Science and Technology Handbook, American Ceramic Society, Columbus, Ohio, USA, 1990.
- A. Laachachi, M. Ferriol, M. Cochez, J.-M. Lopez Cuesta, and D. Ruch, “A comparison of the role of boehmite (AlOOH) and alumina (Al2O3) in the thermal stability and flammability of poly(methyl methacrylate),” Polymer Degradation and Stability, vol. 94, no. 9, pp. 1373–1378, 2009.
- I. Lukić, J. Krstić, D. Jovanović, and D. Skala, “Alumina/silica supported K2CO3 as a catalyst for biodiesel synthesis from sunflower oil,” Bioresource Technology, vol. 100, no. 20, pp. 4690–4696, 2009.
- M. Touzin, D. Goeuriot, C. Guerret-Piécourt, D. Juvé, and H. J. Fitting, “alumina based ceramics for high-voltage insulation,” Vacuum, vol. 81, pp. 762–765, 2007.
- A. Keyvani, M. Saremi, and M. Heydarzadeh Sohi, “Microstructural stability of zirconia-alumina composite coatings during hot corrosion test at 1050°C,” Journal of Alloys and Compounds, vol. 506, no. 1, pp. 103–108, 2010.
- R. Lach, K. Haberko, M. M. Bućko, M. Szumera, and G. Grabowski, “Ceramic matrix composites in the alumina/5-30vol.% YAG system,” Journal of the European Ceramic Society, vol. 31, no. 10, pp. 1889–1895, 2011.
- C. B. Reid, J. S. Forrester, H. J. Goodshaw, E. H. Kisi, and G. J. Suaning, “A study in the mechanical milling of alumina powder,” Ceramics International, vol. 34, no. 6, pp. 1551–1556, 2008.
- F. Mirjalili, M. Hasmaliza, and L. C. Abdullah, “Size-controlled synthesis of nano α-alumina particles through the sol-gel method,” Ceramics International, vol. 36, no. 4, pp. 1253–1257, 2010.
- R. Kavitha and V. Jayaram, “Deposition and characterization of alumina films produced by combustion flame pyrolysis,” Surface and Coatings Technology, vol. 201, no. 6, pp. 2491–2499, 2006.
- D. H. Trinh, M. Ottosson, M. Collin, I. Reineck, L. Hultman, and H. Högberg, “Nanocomposite Al2O3-ZrO2 thin films grown by reactive dual radio-frequency magnetron sputtering,” Thin Solid Films, vol. 516, no. 15, pp. 4977–4982, 2008.
- L. Qu, C. He, Y. Yang, Y. He, and Z. Liu, “Hydrothermal synthesis of alumina nanotubes templated by anionic surfactant,” Materials Letters, vol. 59, no. 29-30, pp. 4034–4037, 2005.
- K. Yatsui, T. Yukawa, C. Grigoriu, M. Hirai, and W. Jiang, “Synthesis of ultrafine γ-Al2O3 powders by pulsed laser ablation,” Journal of Nanoparticle Research, vol. 2, no. 1, pp. 75–83, 2000.
- A. Kruusing, Handbook of Liquids-Assisted Laser Processing, Elsevier, 2008.
- Z. Yan, R. Bao, Y. Huang, and D. B. Chrisey, “Hollow particles formed on laser-induced bubbles by excimer laser ablation of Al in liquid,” Journal of Physical Chemistry C, vol. 114, no. 26, pp. 11370–11374, 2010.
- I. L. Liu, P. Shen, and S. Y. Chen, “H+- and Al2+-codoped Al2O3 nanoparticles with spinel-type related structures by pulsed laser ablation in water,” Journal of Physical Chemistry C, vol. 114, no. 17, pp. 7751–7757, 2010.
- B. Kumar and R. K. Thareja, “Synthesis of nanoparticles in laser ablation of aluminum in liquid,” Journal of Applied Physics, vol. 108, no. 6, Article ID 064906, 2010.
- W. H. Gitzen, Alumina as Ceramic Material, special publication no. 4, American Ceramic Society, 1970.
- H. Chang and Y. C. Chang, “Fabrication of Al2O3 nanofluid by a plasma arc nanoparticles synthesis system,” Journal of Materials Processing Technology, vol. 207, no. 1–3, pp. 193–199, 2008.
- V. S. Kortov, S. V. Nikiforov, I. I. Milman, and E. V. Moiseykin, “Specific features of luminescence of radiation-colored α-Al2O3 single crystals,” Radiation Measurements, vol. 38, no. 4–6, pp. 451–454, 2004.
- E. Stratakis, V. Zorba, M. Barberoglou, C. Fotakis, and G. A. Shafeev, “Femtosecond laser writing of nanostructures on bulk Al via its ablation in air and liquids,” Applied Surface Science, vol. 255, no. 10, pp. 5346–5350, 2009.
- G. Viau, V. Collière, L. M. Lacroix, and G. A. Shafeev, “Internal structure of Al hollow nanoparticles generated by laser ablation in liquid ethanol,” Chemical Physics Letters, vol. 501, no. 4–6, pp. 419–422, 2011.
- E. Stratakis, M. Barberoglou, C. Fotakis, G. Viau, C. Garcia, and G. A. Shafeev, “Generation of al nanoparticles via ablation of bulk al in liquids with short laser pulses,” Optics Express, vol. 17, no. 15, pp. 12650–12659, 2009.