- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Nanomaterials
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 848274, 7 pages
Effective Red Compensation of : Phosphor by Codoping Ions and Its Energy Transfer
College of Materials Science and Engineering, Nanjing University of Technology, Jiangsu, Nanjing 210009, China
Received 15 August 2012; Accepted 28 September 2012
Academic Editor: Su Chen
Copyright © 2012 Le Zhang et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- R. V. Steele, “The story of a new light source,” Nature Photonics, vol. 1, no. 1, pp. 25–26, 2007.
- Y. Narukawa, J. Narita, T. Sakamoto et al., “Recent progress of high efficiency white LEDs,” Physica Status Solidi A, vol. 204, no. 6, pp. 2087–2093, 2007.
- J. S. Kim, P. E. Jeon, Y. H. Park et al., “White-light generation through ultraviolet-emitting diode and white-emitting phosphor,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 85, no. 17, pp. 3696–3698, 2004.
- F. B. Wu, D. W. Zhang, S. Z. Shang, Y. M. Zhu, S. L. Zhuang, and J. Xu, “Developing quantum dot phosphor-based light-emitting diodes for aviation lighting applications,” Journal of Nanomaterials, vol. 2012, Article ID 629157, 5 pages, 2012.
- M. A. Greenwood, “Phosphor-coated LED converts blue light to white,” Photonics Spectra, vol. 42, no. 6, article 100, 2008.
- G. Liu, S. Zhang, X. Dong, and J. Wang, “Solvothermal synthesis of Gd2O3 : Eu3+ luminescent nanowires,” Journal of Nanomaterials, vol. 2010, Article ID 365079, 5 pages, 2010.
- C. S. Ciobanu, S. L. Iconaru, F. Massuyeau, L. V. Constantin, A. Costescu, and D. Predoi, “Synthesis, structure, and luminescent properties of europium-doped hydroxyapatite nanocrystalline powders,” Journal of Nanomaterials, vol. 2012, Article ID 942801, 9 pages, 2012.
- C. K. Chang and T. M. Chen, “Sr3B2O6: Ce3+, Eu2+: a potential single-phased white-emitting borate phosphor for ultraviolet light-emitting diodes,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 91, no. 8, Article ID 081902, 3 pages, 2007.
- J. S. Kim, P. E. Jeonny, J. C. Choi, H. L. Park, S. I. Mho, and G. C. Kim, “Warm-white-light emitting diode utilizing a single-phase full-color Ba3MgSi2O8:Eu2+, Mn2+ phosphor,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 84, no. 15, pp. 2931–2933, 2004.
- Z. L. Wang, K. W. Cheah, H. L. Tam, and M. L. Gong, “Near-ultraviolet light excited deep blue-emitting phosphor for solid-state lighting,” Journal of Alloys and Compounds, vol. 482, no. 1-2, pp. 437–439, 2009.
- S. G. Johnson and J. A. Simmons, “Materials for solid state lighting,” in Proceedings of the Materials and Devices for Optoelectronics and Microphotonics, pp. 53–64, San Francisco, Calif, USA, April 2002.
- A. A. Setlur, J. J. Shiang, and U. Happek, “Eu2+–Mn2+ phosphor saturation in 5 mm light emitting diode lamps,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 92, no. 8, Article ID 081104, 2008.
- S. H. Lee, J. H. Park, S. M. Son, J. S. Kim, and H. L. Park, “White-light-emitting phosphor: CaMgSi2O6:Eu2+, Mn2+ and its related properties with blending,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 89, no. 22, Article ID 221916, 3 pages, 2006.
- E. Cavalli, M. Bettinelli, A. Belletti, and A. Speghini, “Optical spectra of yttrium phosphate and yttrium vanadate single crystals activated with Dy3+,” Journal of Alloys and Compounds, vol. 341, no. 1-2, pp. 107–110, 2002.
- G. S. Raghuvanshi, H. D. Bist, and H. C. Kandpal, “Luminescence characteristics of Dy3+ in different host matrices,” Journal of Physics and Chemistry of Solids, vol. 43, no. 8, pp. 781–783, 1982.
- L. Zhang, Z. Lu, H. Yang, P. Han, N. Xu, and Q. Zhang, “Preparation of Dy3+-activated strontium orthosilicate (Sr2SiO4:Dy3+) phosphors and its photoluminescent properties,” Journal of Alloys and Compounds, vol. 512, no. 1, pp. 5–11, 2012.
- L. Zhang, P. Han, Z. Lu et al., “Enhanced luminescence of Sr2SiO4:Dy3+ by sensitization (Ce3+/Bi3+) and its composition-induced phase transition,” Journal of Alloys and Compounds, vol. 541, pp. 54–59, 2012.
- L. Zhang, Z. Lu, P. Han, and Q. Zhang, “Action mechanism of NH4Cl flux used to synthesize Sr2SiO4:Dy3+ phosphor by solid-state reactionmethod,” Journal of The American Ceramic Society. In press.
- T. Moon, G. Y. Hong, H. C. Lee et al., “Effects of Eu2+ co-doping on vuv photoluminescence properties of BaMgAl10O17: Mn2+ phosphors for plasma display panels,” Electrochemical and Solid-State Letters, vol. 12, no. 7, pp. J61–J63, 2009.
- L. Lin, M. Yin, C. Shi, and W. Zhang, “Luminescence properties of a new red long-lasting phosphor: Mg2SiO4:Dy3+, Mn2+,” Journal of Alloys and Compounds, vol. 455, no. 1-2, pp. 327–330, 2008.
- S. L. Yuan, Y. X. Yang, X. H. Zhang et al., “Eu2+ and Mn2+ codoped Ba2Mg(BO3)2—new red phosphor for white LEDs,” Optics Letters, vol. 33, no. 23, pp. 2865–2867, 2008.
- J. S. Kim, K. T. Lim, Y. S. Jeong, P. E. Jeon, J. C. Choi, and H. L. Park, “Full-color Ba3MgSi2O8:Eu2+, Mn2+ phosphors for white-light-emitting diodes,” Solid State Communications, vol. 135, no. 1-2, pp. 21–24, 2005.
- Q. Zhang, Fundamentals of Inorganic Materials Science, East China University of Science and Technology Press, Shanghai, China, 2006.
- C. R. Ronda and T. Amrein, “Evidence for exchange-induced luminescence in Zn2SiO4: Mn,” Journal of Luminescence, vol. 69, no. 5-6, pp. 245–248, 1996.
- L. G. van Uitert and L. F. Johnson, “Energy transfer between rare-earth ions,” The Journal of Chemical Physics, vol. 44, no. 9, pp. 3514–3522, 1966.
- L. G. van Uitert, E. F. Dearborn, and H. M. Marcos, “Mechanisms of energy transfer involving trivalent Tb and Eu,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 9, no. 7, pp. 255–257, 1966.
- L. G. V. Uitert, “Characterization of energy transfer interactions between rare earth ions,” Journal of the Electrochemical Society, vol. 114, no. 10, pp. 1048–1053, 1967.
- S. Huang and L. Lou, “Concentration dependence of sensitizer fluorescence intensity in enery transfer,” Chinese Journal of Luminescence, vol. 11, no. 1, pp. 1–7, 1990.