- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Nanomaterials
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 853021, 5 pages
Study of High Quality Indium Nitride Films Grown on Si(100) Substrate by RF-MOMBE with GZO and AlN Buffer Layers
1Instrument Technology Research Center, National Applied Research Laboratories, 20 R&D Road VI, Hsinchu Science Park, Hsinchu, 30076, Taiwan
2Department of Electronic Engineering, Chang Gung University, 259 Wen-Hwa 1st Road, Kwei-Shan, Tao-Yuan 333, Taiwan
Received 17 September 2012; Revised 22 November 2012; Accepted 22 November 2012
Academic Editor: Li Li
Copyright © 2012 Wei-Chun Chen and Shou-Yi Kuo. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- C. L. Hsiao, H. C. Hsu, L. C. Chen et al., “Photoluminescence spectroscopy of nearly defect-free InN microcrystals exhibiting nondegenerate semiconductor behaviors,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 91, Article ID 181912, 3 pages, 2007.
- A. G. Bhuiyan, A. Hashimoto, and A. Yamamoto, “Indium nitride (InN): a review on growth, characterization, and properties,” Journal of Applied Physics, vol. 94, no. 5, pp. 2779–2808, 2003.
- C. A. Chang, C. F. Shih, N. C. Chen, T. Y. Lin, and K. S. Liu, “In-rich films by metalorganic vapor phase epitaxy,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 85, no. 25, pp. 6131–6133, 2004.
- S. P. Fu and Y. F. Chen, “Effective mass of InN epilayers,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 85, no. 9, pp. 1523–1525, 2004.
- T. Inushima, M. Haigashiwaki, T. Matsui, T. Takenobu, and M. Motokawa, “Electron density dependence of the electronic structure of InN epitaxial layers grown on sapphire (0001),” Physical Review B, vol. 72, no. 8, Article ID 085210, 10 pages, 2005.
- B. E. Foutz, S. K. O'Leary, M. S. Shur, and L. F. Eastman, “Transient electron transport in wurtzite GaN, InN, and AIN,” Journal of Applied Physics, vol. 85, no. 11, pp. 7727–7734, 1999.
- V. M. Polyakov and F. Schwierz, “Low-field electron mobility in wurtzite InN,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 88, Article ID 032101, 3 pages, 2006.
- V. Ya. Malakhov, “Potential PV materials-based InN thin films: fabrication, structural and optical properties,” Solar Energy Materials and Solar Cells, vol. 76, no. 4, pp. 637–646, 2003.
- H. J. Hovel and J. J. Cuomo, “Electrical and optical properties of rf-sputtered GaN and InN,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 20, no. 2, pp. 71–73, 1972.
- J. Wu, W. Walukiewicz, K. M. Yu et al., “Unusual properties of the fundamental band gap of InN,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 80, no. 21, pp. 3967–3969, 2002.
- J. Wu, W. Walukiewicz, S. X. Li et al., “Effects of electron concentration on the optical absorption edge of InN,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 84, no. 15, pp. 2805–2807, 2004.
- K. Sugita, A. Hashimoto, and A. Yamamoto, “Effect of oxygen supply on MOVPE InN,” Physica Status Solidi (C), vol. 6, no. 2, pp. S389–S392, 2009.
- J. Kamimura, T. Kouno, S. Ishizawa, A. Kikuchi, and K. Kishino, “Growth of high-In-content InAlN nanocolumns on Si (1 1 1) by RF-plasma-assisted molecular-beam epitaxy,” Journal of Crystal Growth, vol. 300, no. 1, pp. 160–163, 2007.
- H. Naoi, F. Matsuda, T. Araki, A. Suzuki, and Y. Nanishi, “The effect of substrate polarity on the growth of InN by RF-MBE,” Journal of Crystal Growth, vol. 269, no. 1, pp. 155–161, 2004.
- T. Sasaoka, M. Mori, T. Miyazaki, and S. Adachi, “Room-temperature infrared photoluminescence from sputter-deposited InN films,” Journal of Applied Physics, vol. 108, no. 6, Article ID 063538, 5 pages, 2010.
- P. Singh, P. Ruterana, M. Morales et al., “Structural and optical characterisation of InN layers grown by MOCVD,” Superlattices and Microstructures, vol. 36, no. 4–6, pp. 537–545, 2004.
- J. B. MacChesney, P. M. Bridenbaugh, and P. B. O'Connor, “Thermal stability of indium nitride at elevated temperatures and nitrogen pressures,” Materials Research Bulletin, vol. 5, no. 9, pp. 783–791, 1970.
- H. Lu, W. J. Schaff, J. Hwang, H. Wu, G. Koley, and L. F. Eastman, “Effect of an AlN buffer layer on the epitaxial growth of InN by molecular-beam epitaxy,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 79, no. 10, pp. 1489–1491, 2001.
- J. Grandal and M. A. Sánchez-García, “InN layers grown on silicon substrates: effect of substrate temperature and buffer layers,” Journal of Crystal Growth, vol. 278, no. 1–4, pp. 373–377, 2005.
- F. I. Lai, S. Y. Kuo, W. T. Lin et al., “Photoluminescence studies of indium nitride films grown on oxide buffer by metalorganic molecular-beam epitaxy,” Journal of Crystal Growth, vol. 320, no. 1, pp. 32–35, 2011.
- T. Ohgaki, N. Ohashi, H. Haneda, and A. Yasumori, “Molecular beam epitaxy growth of indium nitride films on c-face zinc oxide substrates,” Journal of Crystal Growth, vol. 292, no. 1, pp. 33–39, 2006.
- J. D. Brown, R. Borges, E. Piner, A. Vescan, S. Singhal, and R. Therrien, “AlGaN/GaN HFETs fabricated on 100-mm GaN on silicon (111) substrates,” Solid-State Electronics, vol. 46, no. 10, pp. 1535–1539, 2002.
- A. Dadgar, C. Hums, A. Diez, F. Schulze, J. Blasing, and A. Krost, “Epitaxy of GaN LEDs on large substrates: Si or sapphire?” in Advanced LEDs for Solid State Lighting, vol. 6355, 63550R of Proceedings of SPIE, 2006.
- W. Paszkowicz, R. Černý, and S. Krukowski, “Rietveld refinement for indium nitride in the 105–295 K range,” Powder Diffraction, vol. 18, pp. 114–121, 2003.
- T. L. Tansley and C. P. Foley, “Optical band gap of indium nitride,” Journal of Applied Physics, vol. 59, no. 9, pp. 3241–3244, 1986.
- A. G. Bhuiyan, K. Sugita, K. Kasashima, A. Hashimoto, A. Yamamoto, and V. Yu. Davydov, “Single-crystalline InN films with an absorption edge between 0.7 and 2 eV grown using different techniques and evidence of the actual band gap energy,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 83, no. 23, p. 4788, 2003.
- S. Y. Kuo, F. I. Lai, W. C. Chen et al., “Epitaxial growth of InN film on intermediate oxide buffer layer by RF-MOMBE,” Diamond and Related Materials, vol. 20, no. 8, pp. 1188–1192, 2011.
- M. Yoshimoto, H. Yamamoto, W. Huang et al., “Widening of optical bandgap of polycrystalline InN with a few percent incorporation of oxygen,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 83, no. 17, pp. 3480–3482, 2003.
- R. L. Weiher and R. P. Ley, “Optical properties of indium oxide,” Journal of Applied Physics, vol. 37, no. 1, pp. 299–302, 1966.
- V. Yu. Davydov, A. A. Klochikhin, V. V. Emtsev, F. Bechstedt, A. V. Mudryi, and E. E. Haller, “Reply to “comment on “band gap of InN and In-Rich alloys (0.36 < x < 1)’”,” Physica Status Solidi (B), vol. 233, no. 3, pp. R10–R11, 2002.