- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Nanomaterials
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 860691, 7 pages
Screening the Most Effective Variables on Physical Properties of Folate-Targeted Dextran/Retinoic Acid Micelles by Taguchi Design
1Department of Pharmaceutics, School of Pharmacy and Novel Drug Delivery Systems Research Center, Isfahan University of Medical Sciences, Isfahan 81745-359, Iran
2Department of Medicinal Chemistry, School of Pharmacy, Isfahan University of Medical Sciences, Isfahan 81745-359, Iran
3Department of Biotechnology, School of Pharmacy, Isfahan University of Medical Sciences, Isfahan 81745-359, Iran
Received 18 August 2012; Accepted 12 November 2012
Academic Editor: Lian Gao
Copyright © 2012 M. Nayebsadrian et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- K. Kataoka, A. Harada, and Y. Nagasaki, “Block copolymer micelles for drug delivery: design, characterization and biological significance,” Advanced Drug Delivery Reviews, vol. 47, no. 1, pp. 113–131, 2001.
- U. Kedar, P. Phutane, S. Shidhaye, and V. Kadam, “Advances in polymeric micelles for drug delivery and tumor targeting,” Nanomedicine, vol. 6, no. 6, pp. 714–729, 2010.
- H. S. Yoo and T. G. Park, “Folate receptor targeted biodegradable polymeric doxorubicin micelles,” Journal of Controlled Release, vol. 96, no. 2, pp. 273–283, 2004.
- V. P. Torchilin, “Structure and design of polymeric surfactant-based drug delivery systems,” Journal of Controlled Release, vol. 73, no. 2-3, pp. 137–172, 2001.
- A. Aumelas, A. Serrero, A. Durand, E. Dellacherie, and M. Leonard, “Nanoparticles of hydrophobically modified dextrans as potential drug carrier systems,” Colloids and Surfaces B, vol. 59, no. 1, pp. 74–80, 2007.
- R. Mehvar, “Dextrans for targeted and sustained delivery of therapeutic and imaging agents,” Journal of Controlled Release, vol. 69, no. 1, pp. 1–25, 2000.
- A. Fattahi, M.-A. Golozar, J. Varshosaz, H. Mirmohammad Sadeghi, and M. Fathi, “Preparation and characterization of micelles of oligomeric chitosan linked to all-trans retinoic acid,” Carbohydrate Polymers, vol. 87, no. 2, pp. 1176–1184, 2012.
- C. Díaz, E. Vargas, and O. Gätjens-Boniche, “Cytotoxic effect induced by retinoic acid loaded into galactosyl-sphingosine containing liposomes on human hepatoma cell lines,” International Journal of Pharmaceutics, vol. 325, no. 1-2, pp. 108–115, 2006.
- R. J. Li, X. Ying, Y. Zhang et al., “All-trans retinoic acid stealth liposomes prevent the relapse of breast cancer arising from the cancer stem cells,” Journal of Controlled Release, vol. 149, no. 3, pp. 281–291, 2011.
- H. Li, Y. Lu, L. Piao et al., “Targeting human clonogenic acute myelogenous leukemia cells via folate conjugated liposomes combined with receptor modulation by all-trans retinoic acid,” International Journal of Pharmaceutics, vol. 402, no. 1-2, pp. 57–63, 2010.
- F. Q. Hu, X. L. Wu, Y. Z. Du, J. You, and H. Yuan, “Cellular uptake and cytotoxicity of shell crosslinked stearic acid-grafted chitosan oligosaccharide micelles encapsulating doxorubicin,” European Journal of Pharmaceutics and Biopharmaceutics, vol. 69, no. 1, pp. 117–125, 2008.
- X. Q. Pan, X. Zheng, G. Shi, H. Wang, M. Ratnam, and R. J. Lee, “Strategy for the treatment of acute myelogenous leukemia based on folate receptor β-targeted liposomal doxorubicin combined with receptor induction using all-trans retinoic acid,” Blood, vol. 100, no. 2, pp. 594–602, 2002.
- H. Zhao and L. Y. L. Yung, “Selectivity of folate conjugated polymer micelles against different tumor cells,” International Journal of Pharmaceutics, vol. 349, no. 1-2, pp. 256–268, 2008.
- J. Varshosaz, F. Hassanzadeh, H. Sadeghi, M. Nayebsadrian, M. Banitalebi, and M. Rostami, “Synthesis and characterization of folate-targeted dextran/retinoic acid micelles for doxorubicin delivery in acute leukemia,” Submitted. In press.
- S. R. Croy and G. S. Kwon, “Polymeric micelles for drug delivery,” Current Pharmaceutical Design, vol. 12, no. 36, pp. 4669–4684, 2006.
- W. Y. Fowlkes and C. M. Creveling, Engineering Methods for Robust Product Design Using Taguchi Methods in Technology and Product Development, Addison-Wesley, New York, NY, USA, 1995.
- R. K. Averineni, G. V. Shavi, A. K. Gurram et al., “PLGA 50:50 nanoparticles of paclitaxel: development, in vitro anti-tumor activity in BT-549 cells and in vivo evaluation,” Bulletin of Material Science, vol. 35, no. 3, pp. 319–326, 2012.
- N. Mohammadpour Dounighi, R. Eskandari, M. R. Avadi, H. Zolfagharian, A. Mir Mohammad Sadeghi, and M. Rezayat, “Preparation and in vitro characterization of chitosan nanoparticles containing Mesobuthus eupeus scorpion venom as an antigen delivery system,” Journal of Venomous Animals and Toxins Including Tropical Diseases, vol. 18, no. 1, pp. 44–52, 2012.
- K. Na, K. H. Park, S. W. Kim, and Y. H. Bae, “Self-assembled hydrogel nanoparticles from curdlan derivatives: characterization, anti-cancer drug release and interaction with a hepatoma cell line (HepG2),” Journal of Controlled Release, vol. 69, no. 2, pp. 225–236, 2000.
- J. H. Kim, Y. S. Kim, S. Kim et al., “Hydrophobically modified glycol chitosan nanoparticles as carriers for paclitaxel,” Journal of Controlled Release, vol. 111, no. 1-2, pp. 228–234, 2006.