- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Journal of Nanomaterials
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 931492, 5 pages
Synthesis and Characterization of Nanoporous Monetite Which Can Be Applicable for Drug Carrier
Faculty of Material Science and Engineering, Iran University of Science and Technology, Narmak, Tehran 16846, Iran
Received 22 May 2012; Accepted 18 October 2012
Academic Editor: Jun Liu
Copyright © 2012 Esmael Salimi and Jafar Javadpour. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- U. Gbureck, T. Hölzel, U. Klammert, K. Würzler, F. A. Müller, and J. E. Barralet, “Resorbable dicalcium phosphate bone substitutes prepared by 3D powder printing,” Advanced Functional Materials, vol. 17, no. 18, pp. 3940–3945, 2007.
- P. Habibovic, U. Gbureck, C. J. Doillon, D. C. Bassett, C. A. van Blitterswijk, and J. E. Barralet, “Osteoconduction and osteoinduction of low-temperature 3D printed bioceramic implants,” Biomaterials, vol. 29, no. 7, pp. 944–953, 2008.
- F. Tamimi, J. Torres, D. Bassett, J. Barralet, and E. L. Cabarcos, “Resorption of monetite granules in alveolar bone defects in human patients,” Biomaterials, vol. 31, no. 10, pp. 2762–2769, 2010.
- H. C. Shum, A. Bandyopadhyay, S. Bose, and D. A. Weitz, “Double emulsion droplets as microreactors for synthesis of mesoporous hydroxyapatite,” Chemistry of Materials, vol. 21, no. 22, pp. 5548–5555, 2009.
- C. T. Kresge, M. E. Leonowicz, W. J. Roth, J. C. Vartuli, and J. S. Beck, “Ordered mesoporous molecular sieves synthesized by a liquid-crystal template mechanism,” Nature, vol. 359, no. 6397, pp. 710–712, 1992.
- M. Anbia and S. E. Moradi, “Adsorption of naphthalene-derived compounds from water by chemically oxidized nanoporous carbon,” Chemical Engineering Journal, vol. 148, no. 2-3, pp. 452–458, 2009.
- M. Anbia and A. Ghaffari, “Adsorption of phenolic compounds from aqueous solutions using carbon nanoporous adsorbent coated with polymer,” Applied Surface Science, vol. 255, no. 23, pp. 9487–9492, 2009.
- M. Anbia and N. Mohammadi, “A nanoporous adsorbent for removal of furfural from aqueous solutions,” Desalination, vol. 249, no. 1, pp. 150–153, 2009.
- Y. Guo, Y. Zhou, D. Jia, and H. Tang, “Fabrication and characterization of hydroxycarbonate apatite with mesoporous structure,” Microporous and Mesoporous Materials, vol. 118, no. 1–3, pp. 480–488, 2009.
- S. Jinawath and P. Sujaridworakun, “Fabrication of porous calcium phosphates,” Materials Science and Engineering C, vol. 22, no. 1, pp. 41–46, 2002.
- Y. F. Zhao and J. Ma, “Triblock co-polymer templating synthesis of mesostructured hydroxyapatite,” Microporous and Mesoporous Materials, vol. 87, no. 2, pp. 110–117, 2005.
- H. Guo, F. Ye, and H. Zhang, “Tween-60 mediated synthesis of lamellar hydroxyapatite with worm-like mesopores,” Materials Letters, vol. 62, no. 14, pp. 2129–2132, 2008.
- Q. Ruan, Y. Zhu, Y. Zeng et al., “Ultrasonic-irradiation-assisted oriented assembly of ordered monetite nanosheets stacking,” Journal of Physical Chemistry B, vol. 113, no. 4, pp. 1100–1106, 2009.
- S. Mandel and A. C. Tas, “Brushite (CaHPO4·2H2O) to octacalcium phosphate (Ca8(HPO4)2(PO4)4·5H2O) transformation in DMEM solutions at 36.5°C,” Materials Science and Engineering C, vol. 30, no. 2, pp. 245–254, 2010.
- A. Lebugle, B. Sallek, and A. Tai Tai, “Surface modification of monetite in water at 37°C: characterisation by XPS,” Journal of Materials Chemistry, vol. 9, no. 10, pp. 2511–2515, 1999.
- A. C. Tas, “Monetite (CaHPO4) synthesis in ethanol at room temperature,” Journal of the American Ceramic Society, vol. 92, no. 12, pp. 2907–2912, 2009.
- E. Fernandez, M. P. Ginebra, M. G. Boltong, et al., “Kinetic study of the setting reaction of a calcium phosphate bone cement,” Journal of Biomedical Materials Research, vol. 32, pp. 367–374, 1996.
- X. Xin-Bo, Z. Xie-Rong, Z. Chun-Li, L. Ping, and F. Yun-Bo, “Influence of hydrothermal temperature on hydroxyapatite coating transformed from monetite on HT-C/C composites by induction heating method,” Surface and Coatings Technology, vol. 204, no. 1-2, pp. 115–119, 2009.
- P. M. SL Shanthi, M. Ashok, T. Balasubramanian, A. Riyasdeen, and M. A. Akbarsha, “Synthesis and characterization of nano-hydroxyapatite at ambient temperature using cationic surfactant,” Materials Letters, vol. 63, no. 24-25, pp. 2123–2125, 2009.
- S. Singh, P. Bhardwaj, V. Singh, S. Aggarwal, and U. K. Mandal, “Synthesis of nanocrystalline calcium phosphate in microemulsion-effect of nature of surfactants,” Journal of Colloid and Interface Science, vol. 319, no. 1, pp. 322–329, 2008.