- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Nanomaterials
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 962073, 10 pages
Morphological and Structural Studies of Titanate and Titania Nanostructured Materials Obtained after Heat Treatments of Hydrothermally Produced Layered Titanate
1School of Material and Mineral Resources Engineering, Engineering Campus, University of Science, Malaysia, Seri Ampangan, Nibong Tebal, 14300 Pulau Pinang, Malaysia
2Department of Chemical Sciences, Faculty of Science and Technology, Universiti Malaysia Terengganu, 21030 Kuala Terengganu, Malaysia
3School of Chemical Engineering, Engineering Campus, University of Science, Malaysia, Seri Ampangan, Nibong Tebal, 14300 Pulau Pinang, Malaysia
Received 18 June 2012; Revised 1 September 2012; Accepted 5 September 2012
Academic Editor: Renzhi Ma
Copyright © 2012 Mohd Hasmizam Razali et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- T. Sugimoto, X. Zhou, and A. Muramatsu, “Synthesis of uniform anatase TiO2 nanoparticles by gel-sol method: 4. Shape control,” Journal of Colloid and Interface Science, vol. 259, no. 1, pp. 53–61, 2003.
- C. Su, B. Y. Hong, and C. M. Tseng, “Sol-gel preparation and photocatalysis of titanium dioxide,” Catalysis Today, vol. 96, no. 3, pp. 119–126, 2004.
- T. Sugimoto, X. Zhou, and A. Muramatsu, “Synthesis of uniform anatase TiO2 nanoparticles by gel-sol method: 1. Solution chemistry of complexes,” Journal of Colloid and Interface Science, vol. 252, no. 2, pp. 339–346, 2002.
- T. Maekawa, K. Kurosaki, T. Tanaka, and S. Yamanaka, “Thermal conductivity of titanium dioxide films grown by metal-organic chemical vapor deposition,” Surface and Coatings Technology, vol. 202, no. 13, pp. 3067–3071, 2008.
- J. H. Lee, I. C. Leu, M. C. Hsu, Y. W. Chung, and M. H. Hon, “Fabrication of aligned TiO2 one-dimensional nanostructured arrays using a one-step templating solution approach,” Journal of Physical Chemistry B, vol. 109, no. 27, pp. 13056–13059, 2005.
- N. R. De Tacconi, C. R. Chenthamarakshan, G. Yogeeswaran et al., “Nanoporous TiO2 and WO3 films by anodization of titanium and tungsten substrates: influence of process variables on morphology and photoelectrochemical response,” Journal of Physical Chemistry B, vol. 110, no. 50, pp. 25347–25355, 2006.
- D. S. Kim and S.Y. Kwak, “The hydrothermal synthesis of mesoporous TiO2 with high crystallinity, thermal stability, large surface area, and enhanced photocatalytic activity,” Applied Catalysis A, vol. 323, pp. 110–118, 2007.
- K. Byrappa and M. Yoshimura, Handbook of Hydrothermal Technology—A Technology for Crystal Growth and Materials Processing, Noyes, Park Ridge, NJ, USA, 2001.
- S. H. Lim, J. Luo, Z. Zhong, W. Ji, and J. Lin, “Room-temperature hydrogen uptake by TiO2 nanotubes,” Inorganic Chemistry, vol. 44, no. 12, pp. 4124–4126, 2005.
- H. Peng, G. Li, and Z. Zhang, “Synthesis of bundle-like structure of titania nanotubes,” Materials Letters, vol. 59, no. 10, pp. 1142–1145, 2005.
- D. Wang, F. Zhou, Y. Liu, and W. Liu, “Synthesis and characterization of anatase TiO2 nanotubes with uniform diameter from titanium powder,” Materials Letters, vol. 62, no. 12-13, pp. 1819–1822, 2008.
- A. Nakahira, T. Kubo, and C. Numako, “Formation mechanism of TiO2-derived titanate nanotubes prepared by the hydrothermal process,” Inorganic Chemistry, vol. 49, no. 13, pp. 5845–5852, 2010.
- T. Kasuga, M. Hiramatsu, A. Hoson, T. Sekino, and K. Niihara, “Formation of titanium oxide nanotube,” Langmuir, vol. 14, no. 12, pp. 3160–3163, 1998.
- Q. Chen, G. H. Du, S. Zhang, and L. M. Peng, “The structure of trititanate nanotubes,” Acta Crystallographica Section B, vol. 58, no. 4, pp. 587–593, 2002.
- A. Nakahira, W. Kato, M. Tamai, T. Isshiki, K. Nishio, and H. Aritani, “Synthesis of nanotube from a layered H2Ti4O9 · 7H2O in a hydrothermal treatment using various titania sources,” Journal of Materials Science, vol. 39, no. 13, pp. 4239–4245, 2004.
- M. Qamar, C. R. Yoon, H. J. Oh et al., “Effect of post treatments on the structure and thermal stability of titanate nanotubes,” Nanotechnology, vol. 17, no. 24, pp. 5922–5929, 2006.
- M. Zhang, Z. S. Jin, J. J. Yung, and Z. Zhang, “Effect of annealing temperature on morphology, structure and photocatalytic behavior of nanotubed H2Ti2O4(OH)2,” Journal of Molecular Catalysis A, vol. 217, pp. 203–210, 2004.
- Q. Chen, W. Z. Zhou, G. H. Du, and L. M. Peng, “Tritanate nanotubes made via a single alkali treatment,” Advanced Materials, vol. 14, pp. 1208–1211, 2002.
- S. Zhang, L. M. Peng, Q. Chen, G. H. Du, G. Dawson, and W. Z. Zhou, “Formation Mechanism of H2Ti3O7 Nanotubes,” Physical Review Letters, vol. 91, Article ID 256103, 2003.
- L. Qian, Z. L. Du, S. Y. Yang, and Z. S. Yin, “Raman-study of titania nanotube by soft chemical-process,” Journal of Molecular Structure, vol. 749, pp. 103–107, 2005.
- Y. Lan, X. P. Gao, H. Y. Zhu et al., “Titanate nanotubes and nanorods prepared from rutile powder,” Advanced Functional Materials, vol. 15, no. 8, pp. 1310–1318, 2005.
- S. Ribbens, V. Meynen, G. V. Tendeloo et al., “Development of photocatalytic efficient Ti-based nanotubes and nanoribbons by conventional and microwave assisted synthesis strategies,” Microporous and Mesoporous Materials, vol. 114, no. 1–3, pp. 401–409, 2008.
- O. V. Yakubovich and V. V. Kirrev, “Refinement of the crystal structure of ,” Crystallography Reports, vol. 48, pp. 24–28, 2003.
- A. L. Sauvet, S. Baliteau, C. Lopez, and P. Fabry, “Synthesis and characterization of sodium titanates Na2Ti 3O7 and Na2Ti6O13,” Journal of Solid State Chemistry, vol. 177, no. 12, pp. 4508–4515, 2004.
- M. Qamar, C. R. Yoon, H. J. Oh et al., “Preparation and photocatalytic activity of nanotubes obtained from titanium dioxide,” Catalysis Today, vol. 131, no. 1–4, pp. 3–14, 2008.
- H. F. Yu, Z. W. Zhang, and F.C. Hu, “Phase stabilities and photocatalytic activities of P/ZN-TiO2 nanoparticles able to operate under uv-vis light irradiation,” Journal of Alloys and Compounds, vol. 465, pp. 484–490, 2008.
- Y. Chen, J. C. Crittenden, S. Hackney, L. Sutter, and D. W. Hand, “Preparation of a novel TiO2-based p-n junction nanotube photocatalyst,” Environmental Science and Technology, vol. 39, no. 5, pp. 1201–1208, 2005.
- G. K. Mor, O. K. Varghese, M. Paulose, K. Shankar, and C. A. Grimes, “A review on highly ordered, vertically oriented TiO2 nanotube arrays: fabrication, material properties, and solar energy applications,” Solar Energy Materials and Solar Cells, vol. 90, no. 14, pp. 2011–2075, 2006.
- H. C. Choi, Y. M. Jung, and S. B. Kim, “Size effects in the Raman spectra of TiO2 nanoparticles,” Vibrational Spectroscopy, vol. 37, no. 1, pp. 33–38, 2005.
- T. Ohsaka, F. Izumi, and Y. Fujiki, “Raman spectrum of anatase, TiO2,” Journal of Raman Spectroscopy, vol. 7, pp. 321–324, 1978.
- H. Berger, H. Tang, and F. Levy, “Growth and Raman spectroscopic characterization of TiO2 anatase single crystals,” Journal of Crystal Growth, vol. 130, pp. 108–112, 1993.
- Z. Tang, L. Zhou, L. Yang, and F. Wang, “A study on the structure transformation and luminescence of Eu(III) titanate nanotubes synthesized at various hydrothermal temperatures,” Journal of Alloys and Compounds, vol. 481, no. 1-2, pp. 704–709, 2009.
- R. Ma, K. Fukuda, T. Sasaki, M. Osada, and Y. Bando, “Structural features of titanate nanotubes/nanobelts revealed by raman, X-ray absorption fine structure and electron diffraction characterizations,” Journal of Physical Chemistry B, vol. 109, no. 13, pp. 6210–6214, 2005.
- C. K. Lee, C. C. Wang, M. D. Lyu, L. C. Juang, S. S. Liu, and S. H. Hung, “Effects of sodium content and calcination temperature on the morphology, structure and photocatalytic activity of nanotubular titanates,” Journal of Colloid and Interface Science, vol. 316, no. 2, pp. 562–569, 2007.
- G. S. Kim, Y. S. Kim, H. K. Seo, and H. S. Shin, “Hydrothermal synthesis of titanate nanotubes followed by electrodeposition process,” Korean Journal of Chemical Engineering, vol. 23, no. 6, pp. 1037–1045, 2006.