- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Nanomaterials
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 963485, 7 pages
Optical Properties of ZnO-Alloyed Nanocrystalline Films
1Department of Physics, University of Idaho, Moscow, ID 83844-0903, USA
2Department of Physics and Materials Science, Washington State University, Pullman, WA 99164-2814, USA
Received 27 November 2011; Revised 28 February 2012; Accepted 8 March 2012
Academic Editor: J. C. Sczancoski
Copyright © 2012 Hui Che et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- Y. S. Park, C. W. Litton, T. C. Collins, and D. C. Reynolds, “Exciton spectrum of ZnO,” Physical Review, vol. 143, no. 2, pp. 512–519, 1966.
- W. Y. Liang and A. D. Yoffe, “Transmission spectra of ZnO single crystals,” Physical Review Letters, vol. 20, no. 2, pp. 59–62, 1968.
- R. Laskowski and N. E. Christensen, “Ab initio calculation of excitons in ZnO,” Physical Review B, vol. 73, no. 4, Article ID 045201, 7 pages, 2006.
- B. K. Meyer, H. Alves, D. M. Hofmann et al., “Bound exciton and donor-acceptor pair recombinations in ZnO,” Physica Status Solidi, vol. 241, no. 2, pp. 231–260, 2004.
- X.-B. Chen, J. Huso, J. L. Morrison, and L. Bergman, “The properties of ZnO photoluminescence at and above room temperature,” Journal of Applied Physics, vol. 102, no. 11, Article ID 116105, 2007.
- J. Huso, J. L. Morrison, H. Che, et al., “ZnO and MgZnO nanocrystalline flexible films: optical and material properties,” Journal of Nanomaterials, vol. 2011, Article ID 691582, 7 pages, 2011.
- A. Ohtomo, M. Kawasaki, T. Koida et al., “ as a II-VI widegap semiconductor alloy,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 72, no. 19, pp. 2466–2468, 1998.
- S. Choopun, R. D. Vispute, W. Yang, R. P. Sharma, T. Venkatesan, and H. Shen, “Realization of band gap above 5.0 eV in metastable cubic-phase alloy films,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 80, no. 9, pp. 1529–1531, 2002.
- R. C. Whited, C. J. Flaten, and W. C. Walker, “Exciton thermoreflectance of MgO and CaO,” Solid State Communications, vol. 13, no. 11, pp. 1903–1905, 1973.
- P. D. Johnson, “Some optical properties of MgO in the vacuum ultraviolet,” Physical Review, vol. 94, no. 4, pp. 845–846, 1954.
- U. Sahaym, M. G. Norton, J. Huso, J. L. Morrison, H. Che, and L Bergman, “Microstructure evolution and photoluminescence in nanocrystalline thin films,” Nanotechnology, vol. 22, no. 42, Article ID 425706, 2011.
- X. Du, Z. Mei, Z. Liu et al., “Controlled growth of high-quality ZnO-based films and fabrication of visible-blind and solar-blind ultra-violet detectors,” Advanced Materials, vol. 21, no. 45, pp. 4625–4630, 2009.
- B. K. Meyer, A. Polity, B. Farangis et al., “Structural properties and bandgap bowing of thin films deposited by reactive sputtering,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 85, no. 21, pp. 4929–4931, 2004.
- C.-Y. Moon, S.-H. Wei, Y. Z. Zhu, and G. D. Chen, “Band-gap bowing coefficients in large size-mismatched II-VI alloys: first-principles calculations,” Physical Review B, vol. 74, Article ID 233202, 4 pages, 2006.
- C. Persson, C. Platzer-Björkman, J. Malmström, T. Törndahl, and M. Edoff, “Strong valence-band offset bowing of enhances p-type nitrogen doping of ZnO-like alloys,” Physical Review Letters, vol. 97, no. 14, Article ID 146403, 2006.
- J. Wu, W. Walukiewicz, and E. E. Haller, “Band structure of highly mismatched semiconductor alloys: coherent potential approximation,” Physical Review B, vol. 65, no. 23, Article ID 233210, 4 pages, 2002.
- K. M. Yu, W. Walukiewicz, W. Shan et al., “Synthesis and optical properties of II-O-VI highly mismatched alloys,” Journal of Applied Physics, vol. 95, no. 11 I, pp. 6232–6238, 2004.
- A. X. Levander, K. M. Yu, S. V. Novikov et al., “Gan1-xbix: extremely mismatched semiconductor alloys,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 97, no. 14, Article ID 141919, 2010.
- M. C. Tarun, M. Z. Iqbal, and M. D. McCluskey, “Nitrogen is a deep acceptor in ZnO,” AIP Advances, vol. 1, no. 2, Article ID 022105, 7 pages, 2011.
- J. I. Pankove, Optical Processes in Semiconductors, Dover, New York, NY, USA, 1971.
- M. Wang, E. J. Kim, S. Kim et al., “Optical and structural properties of sol—gel prepared MgZnO alloy thin films,” Thin Solid Films, vol. 516, no. 6, pp. 1124–1129, 2008.
- R. Viswanatha, S. Chakraborty, S. Basu, and D. D. Sarma, “Blue-emitting copper-doped zinc oxide nanocrystals,” Journal of Physical Chemistry B, vol. 110, no. 45, pp. 22310–22312, 2006.
- C. A. Parker, J. C. Roberts, S. M. Bedair et al., “Optical band gap dependence on composition and thickness of (0<x<0.25) grown on gan,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 75, no. 17, pp. 2566–2568, 1999.
- B. Ullrich, C. Zhang, E. F. Schubert, J. E. Cunningham, and K. V. Klitzing, “Transmission spectroscopy on sawtooth-doping superlattices,” Physical Review B, vol. 39, no. 6, pp. 3776–3779, 1989.
- B. K. Ridley, Quantum Processes in Semiconductors, Clarendon Press, Oxford University Press, New York, NY, USA, 1999.
- R. E. Marotti, D. N. Guerra, C. Bello, G. Machado, and E. A. Dalchiele, “Bandgap energy tuning of electrochemically grown ZnO thin films by thickness and electrodeposition potential,” Solar Energy Materials and Solar Cells, vol. 82, no. 1-2, pp. 85–103, 2004.
- F. Stern, “Dispersion of the index of refraction near the absorption edge of semiconductors,” Physical Review, vol. 133, no. 6A, pp. A1653–A1664, 1964.
- C. Tanguy, “Refractive index of direct bandgap semiconductors near the absorption threshold: influence of excitonic effects,” IEEE Journal of Quantum Electronics, vol. 32, no. 10, pp. 1746–1751, 1996.
- V. Srikant and D. R. Clarke, “On the optical band gap of zinc oxide,” Journal of Applied Physics, vol. 83, no. 10, pp. 5447–5451, 1998.
- D. Li, Y. H. Leung, A. B. Djurišić et al., “Different origins of visible luminescence in ZnO nanostructures fabricated by the chemical and evaporation methods,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 85, no. 9, pp. 1601–1603, 2004.
- Y. W. Heo, D. P. Norton, and S. J. Pearton, “Origin of green luminescence in ZnO thin film grown by molecular-beam epitaxy,” Journal of Applied Physics, vol. 98, no. 7, Article ID 073502, 6 pages, 2005.
- A. B. Djurišić, Y. H. Leung, K. H. Tam, et al., “Green, yellow, and orange defect emission from ZnO nanostructures: Influence of excitation wavelength,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 88, no. 10, Article ID 103107, 3 pages, 2006.
- R. Huang, S. Xu, W. Guo, et al., “Nitrogen deep accepters in ZnO nanowires induced by ammonia plasma,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 99, no. 14, Article ID 143112, 3 pages, 2011.
- L. Lyons, A. Janotti, and C. G. Van de Walle, “Why nitrogen cannot lead to p-type conductivity in ZnO,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 95, no. 25, Article ID 252105, 3 pages, 2009.
- L. Svob, C. Thiandoume, A. Lusson, M. Bouanani, Y. Marfaing, and O. Gorochov, “P-type doping with n and li acceptors of zns grown by metalorganic vapor phase epitaxy,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 76, no. 13, pp. 1695–1697, 2000.