- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Nanomaterials
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 963609, 8 pages
Growth of Silver Nanoparticles by DC Magnetron Sputtering
1Applied Nanotechnology Laboratory (ANT Lab), Department of Physics, King Mongkut’s University of Technology Thonburi, Bangkok 10140, Thailand
2Department of Physics, Faculty of Science, Burapha University, Chonburi 20131, Thailand
3Thailand Center of Excellence in Physics, CHE, Ministry of Education, Bangkok 10400, Thailand
Received 13 May 2012; Accepted 27 June 2012
Academic Editor: Zhenhui Kang
Copyright © 2012 P. Asanithi et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- M. Guzman, J. Dille, and S. Godet, “Synthesis and antibacterial activity of silver nanoparticles against gram-positive and gram-negative bacteria,” Nanomedicine, vol. 8, pp. 37–45, 2012.
- H. Xu and K. S. Suslick, “Water-soluble fluorescent silver nanoclusters,” Advanced Materials, vol. 22, no. 10, pp. 1078–1082, 2010.
- Z. J. Jiang, C. Y. Liu, and L. W. Sun, “Catalytic properties of silver nanoparticles supported on silica spheres,” Journal of Physical Chemistry B, vol. 109, no. 5, pp. 1730–1735, 2005.
- A. D. McFarland and R. P. Van Duyne, “Single silver nanoparticles as real-time optical sensors with zeptomole sensitivity,” Nano Letters, vol. 3, no. 8, pp. 1057–1062, 2003.
- E. Filippo, A. Serra, and D. Manno, “Poly(vinyl alcohol) capped silver nanoparticles as localized surface plasmon resonance-based hydrogen peroxide sensor,” Sensors and Actuators B, vol. 138, no. 2, pp. 625–630, 2009.
- D. D. Evanoff and G. Chumanov, “Synthesis and optical properties of silver nanoparticles and arrays,” ChemPhysChem, vol. 6, no. 7, pp. 1221–1231, 2005.
- H. Soo Choi, W. Liu, P. Misra et al., “Renal clearance of quantum dots,” Nature Biotechnology, vol. 25, no. 10, pp. 1165–1170, 2007.
- M. M. Kemp, A. Kumar, S. Mousa et al., “Synthesis of gold and silver nanoparticles stabilized with glycosaminoglycans having distinctive biological activities,” Biomacromolecules, vol. 10, no. 3, pp. 589–595, 2009.
- P. Raveendran, J. Fu, and S. L. Wallen, “Completely “Green” synthesis and stabilization of metal nanoparticles,” Journal of the American Chemical Society, vol. 125, no. 46, pp. 13940–13941, 2003.
- T. Tsuji, D. H. Thang, Y. Okazaki, M. Nakanishi, Y. Tsuboi, and M. Tsuji, “Preparation of silver nanoparticles by laser ablation in polyvinylpyrrolidone solutions,” Applied Surface Science, vol. 254, no. 16, pp. 5224–5230, 2008.
- D. Long, G. Wu, and S. Chen, “Preparation of oligochitosan stabilized silver nanoparticles by gamma irradiation,” Radiation Physics and Chemistry, vol. 76, no. 7, pp. 1126–1131, 2007.
- K. A. Bogle, S. D. Dhole, and V. N. Bhoraskar, “Silver nanoparticles: synthesis and size control by electron irradiation,” Nanotechnology, vol. 17, no. 13, article no. 021, pp. 3204–3208, 2006.
- H. Gao, L. Liu, Y.-F. Luo, and D.-M. Jia, “In-situ preparation of epoxy/silver nanocomposites by thermal decomposition of silver-imidazole complex,” Materials Letters, vol. 65, no. 23-24, pp. 3529–3532, 2011.
- K. Mallick, M. J. Witcomb, and M. S. Scurrell, “Polymer stabilized silver nanoparticles: a photochemical synthesis route,” Journal of Materials Science, vol. 39, pp. 4459–4463, 2004.
- B. Hu, S. B. Wang, K. Wang, M. Zhang, and S. H. Yu, “Microwave-assisted rapid facile “green” synthesis of uniform silver nanoparticles: self-assembly into multilayered films and their optical properties,” Journal of Physical Chemistry C, vol. 112, no. 30, pp. 11169–11174, 2008.
- I. Safi, “Recent aspects concerning DC reactive magnetron sputtering of thin films: a review,” Surface and Coatings Technology, vol. 127, no. 2-3, pp. 203–219, 2000.
- C. Ziebert and S. Ulrich, “Hard multilayer coatings containing TiN and/or ZrN: a review and recent progress in their nanoscale characterization,” Journal of Vacuum Science and Technology A, vol. 24, no. 3, pp. 554–583, 2006.
- P. Taneja, R. Banerjee, P. Ayyub, and G. K. Dey, “Observation of a hexagonal (4H) phase in nanocrystalline silver,” Physical Review B - Condensed Matter and Materials Physics, vol. 64, no. 3, Article ID 033405, pp. 0334051–0334054, 2001.
- M. Stueber, H. Holleck, H. Leiste, K. Seemann, S. Ulrich, and C. Ziebert, “Concepts for the design of advanced nanoscale PVD multilayer protective thin films,” Journal of Alloys and Compounds, vol. 483, no. 1-2, pp. 321–333, 2009.
- F. X. Bock, T. M. Christensen, S. B. Rivers, L. D. Doucette, and R. J. Lad, “Growth and structure of silver and silver oxide thin films on sapphire,” Thin Solid Films, vol. 468, no. 1-2, pp. 57–64, 2004.
- L. A. A. Pettersson and P. G. Snyder, “Preparation and characterization of oxidized silver thin films,” Thin Solid Films, vol. 270, no. 1-2, pp. 69–72, 1995.
- S. M. Hou, M. Ouyang, H. F. Chen et al., “Fractal structure in the silver oxide thin film,” Thin Solid Films, vol. 315, no. 1-2, pp. 322–326, 1998.
- C.-H. Liu, B.-H. Mao, J. Gao et al., “Size-controllable self-assembly of metal nanoparticles on carbon nanostructures in room-temperature ionic liquids by simple sputtering deposition,” Carbon, vol. 50, no. 8, pp. 3008–3014, 2012.
- E. Körner, M. H. Aguirre, G. Fortunato, A. Ritter, J. Rühe, and D. Hegemann, “Formation and distribution of silver nanoparticles in a functional plasma polymer matrix and related Ag+ release properties,” Plasma Processes and Polymers, vol. 7, no. 7, pp. 619–625, 2010.
- N. Ahmad, S. Sharma, M. K. Alam et al., “Rapid synthesis of silver nanoparticles using dried medicinal plant of basil,” Colloids and Surfaces B, vol. 81, no. 1, pp. 81–86, 2010.
- Z. Zaheer and Rafiuddin, “Multi-branched flower-like silver nanoparticles: preparation and characterization,” Colloids and Surfaces A, vol. 384, no. 1–3, pp. 427–431, 2011.
- M. Grouchko, I. Popov, V. Uvarov, S. Magdassi, and A. Kamyshny, “Coalescence of silver nanoparticles at room temperature: unusual crystal structure transformation and dendrite formation induced by self-assembly,” Langmuir, vol. 25, no. 4, pp. 2501–2503, 2009.
- A. Sugunan, H. C. Warad, M. Boman, and J. Dutta, “Zinc oxide nanowires in chemical bath on seeded substrates: role of hexamine,” Journal of Sol-Gel Science and Technology, vol. 39, no. 1, pp. 49–56, 2006.
- R. Kitsomboonloha, S. Baruah, M. T. Z. Myint, V. Subramanian, and J. Dutta, “Selective growth of zinc oxide nanorods on inkjet printed seed patterns,” Journal of Crystal Growth, vol. 311, no. 8, pp. 2352–2358, 2009.
- H. Wender, L. F. De Oliveira, P. Migowski et al., “Ionic liquid surface composition controls the size of gold nanoparticles prepared by sputtering deposition,” Journal of Physical Chemistry C, vol. 114, no. 27, pp. 11764–11768, 2010.
- K. D. Leaver and B. N. Chapman, Thin Films, Wykeham Publications, London, UK, 1971.
- A. V. Osipov, “Kinetic model of vapour-deposited thin film condensation: stage of liquid-like coalescence,” Thin Solid Films, vol. 261, no. 1-2, pp. 173–182, 1995.
- S. De, P. J. King, P. E. Lyons, U. Khan, and J. N. Coleman, “Size effects and the problem with percolation in nanostructured transparent conductors,” ACS Nano, vol. 4, no. 12, pp. 7064–7072, 2010.
- V. Scardaci, R. Coull, P. E. Lyons, D. Rickard, and J. N. Coleman, “Spray deposition of highly transparent, low-resistance networks of silver nanowires over large areas,” Small, vol. 7, no. 18, pp. 2621–2628, 2011.