- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Nanomaterials
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 984048, 9 pages
Research Progress of Optical Fabrication and Surface-Microstructure Modification of SiC
1State Key Laboratory of High Performance Ceramics and Superfine Microstructure, Shanghai Institute of Ceramics, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Shanghai 200050, China
2Graduate University of the Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing 100049, China
Received 3 October 2012; Accepted 11 December 2012
Academic Editor: Yongsheng Li
Copyright © 2012 Fang Jiang et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- J. Robichaud, J. J. Guregian, and M. Schwalm, “SiC optics for Earth observing applications,” in Earth Observing Systems VIII, vol. 5151 of Proceedings of SPIE, pp. 53–62, August 2003.
- S. G. Johnson, “SiC coatings on RB SiC mirrors for ultrasmooth surfaces,” vol. 2018 of Proceedings of SPIE, no. 1993, pp. 237–247.
- R. A. Paquin, M. B. Magida, and C. L. Vernold, “Large optics from silicon carbide,” in Large Optics II, vol. 1618 of Proceedings of SPIE, pp. 53–60, October 1991.
- Q. L. Xu, F. Wu, and S. B. Wu, “Super smooth surfacing fabrication for lightweight silicon carbide plan mirror,” Opto-Electronic Engineering, vol. 31, pp. 22–25, 2004.
- T. Bifano, Y. Yi, and K. Kahl, “Fixed abrasive grinding of CVD SiC mirrors,” Precision Engineering, vol. 16, no. 2, pp. 109–116, 1994.
- Z. Z. Zhu, V. Muratov, and T. E. Fischer, “Tribochemical polishing of silicon carbide in oxidant solution,” in Proceedings of the 12th International Conference on Wear of Materials, vol. 225–229, pp. 848–856, Atlanta, Ga, USA, 1999.
- W. Lin, H. Ohmori, T. Suzuki, Y. Uehara, and S. Morita, “Polishing characteristics of ELID-ground surface of nano precision optical elements,” Key Engineering Materials, vol. 291-292, pp. 365–370, 2005.
- L. Zhou, V. Audurier, P. Pirouz, and J. A. Powell, “Chemomechanical polishing of silicon carbide,” Journal of the Electrochemical Society, vol. 144, no. 6, pp. L161–L163, 1997.
- J. S. Johnson, K. Grobsky, and D. J. Bray, “Rapid fabrication of lightweight silicon carbide mirrors,” in Optomechanical Design and Engineering, vol. 4771 of Proceedings of SPIE, pp. 243–253, July 2002.
- M. Murahara, “Excimer laser-induced photochemical polishing of SiC mirror,” in Laser-Induced Damage in Optical Materials, vol. 4679 of Proceedings of SPIE, pp. 69–74, October 2001.
- J. S. Johnson, K. Grobsky, and D. J. Bray, “Rapid fabrication of lightweight silicon carbide mirrors,” in Optomechanical Design and Engineering, Proceedings of SPIE, pp. 243–253, July 2002.
- D. Fan, Z. Y. Zhang, and H. Y. Niu, “Surfacing fabrication of silicon carbide optical mirror,” Journal of Inorganic Materials, vol. 31, pp. 1096–1100, 2003.
- G. S. Chung and K. S. Kim, “Heteroepitaxial growth of single 3C-SiC thin films on Si(100) substrates using a single-source precursor of hexamethyldisilane by APCVD,” Bulletin of the Korean Chemical Society, vol. 28, no. 4, pp. 533–537, 2007.
- M. T. Clavaguera-Mora, J. Rodríguez-Viejo, Z. El Felk et al., “Growth of SiC films obtained by LPCVD,” Diamond and Related Materials, vol. 6, no. 10, pp. 1306–1310, 1997.
- A. Novi, G. Taglioni, and L. Novella, “Silicon carbide for mirrors by plasma enhanced chemical vapour deposition at low temperature,” European Space Agency ESA SP, vol. 554, pp. 687–691, 2004.
- L. D. Xu, X. J. Zhang, and X. Wang, “Surface coating technique of reaction bonded sic mirrors,” Opto-Electronic Engineering, vol. 36, no. 1, pp. 120–124, 2009.
- C. J. Shih and A. Ezis, “Application of hot-pressed silicon carbide to large high-precision optical structures,” in Silicon Carbide Materials for Optics and Precision Structures, vol. 2543 of Proceedings of SPIE, pp. 24–37, July 1995.
- G. Liu, Z. Huang, X. Liu, and D. Jiang, “Removal behaviors of different SiC ceramics during polishing,” Journal of Materials Science and Technology, vol. 26, no. 2, pp. 125–130, 2010.
- J. S. Goela and R. L. Taylor, “Chemical vapor deposition for silicon cladding on advanced ceramics,” Journal of the American Ceramic Society, vol. 72, pp. 1747–1750, 1989.
- Y. Y. Han, Y. M. Zhang, and J. C. Han, “Current status of research on silicon carbide mirror technology,” Materials Review, vol. 19, pp. 5–8, 2005.
- H. Zhou, C. R. Zhang, and Y. B. Cao, “Lightweight C/SiC mirrors for space application,” Large Mirrors and Telescopes, vol. 6148, pp. L1480–L1486, 2006.
- H. Tang, Z. Huang, and S. Tan, “PVD SiC and PVD Si coatings on RB SIC for surface modification,” in Proceedings of the 2nd International Symposium on Advanced Optical Manufacturing and Testing Technologies—Advanced Optical Manufacturing and Testing Technologies, pp. 1–6, November 2005.
- G. L. Liu, Z. R. Huang, J. H. Wu, and X. J. Liu, “Surface morphology evolution and properties of silicon coating on silicon carbide ceramics by advanced plasma source ion plating,” Surface and Coatings Technology, vol. 207, pp. 204–210, 2012.
- J. Yan, Z. Zhang, and T. Kuriyagawa, “Mechanism for material removal in diamond turning of reaction-bonded silicon carbide,” International Journal of Machine Tools and Manufacture, vol. 49, no. 5, pp. 366–374, 2009.
- H. Y. Tam, H. B. Cheng, and Y. W. Wang, “Removal rate and surface roughness in the lapping and polishing of RB-SiC optical components,” Journal of Materials Processing Technology, vol. 192-193, pp. 276–280, 2007.
- G. L. Liu, Z. R. Huang, and X. J. Liu, “Recent developments of surface coatings and optical fabrication of silicon carbide,” Journal of Inorganic Materials, vol. 22, pp. 769–774, 2007.
- A. Venu Gopal and P. V. Rao, “The optimisation of the grinding of silicon carbide with diamond wheels using genetic algorithms,” International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology, vol. 22, no. 7-8, pp. 475–480, 2003.
- H. B. Cheng, Z. J. Feng, and Y. W. Wang, “Magnetorheological finishing of SiC aspheric mirrors,” Materials and Manufacturing Processes, vol. 20, pp. 917–931, 2005.
- M. Deyerler, N. Pailer, R. Wagner, and C. Mueller, “Ultra-lightweight mirrors: recent developments of C/SiC,” in Optical Design, Materials, Fabrication, and Maintenance, vol. 4003 of Proceedings of SPIE, pp. 73–79, March 2000.
- A. Novi, G. Mondello, C. Devilliers et al., “Comparison of sintered-SiC and C/SiC mirrors behaviour at cryo-temperatures,” in Optical Materials and Structures Technologies, vol. 5179 of Proceedings of SPIE, pp. 246–253, August 2003.
- B. Harnisch, B. Kunkel, M. Deyerler, and S. Bauereisen, “Ultra-lightweight C/SiC Mirrors and Structures,” ESA Bulletin-European Space Agency, vol. 95, pp. 108–112, 1998.
- M. B. Magida, R. A. Paquin, and J. J. Richmond, “Dimensional stability of bare and coated reaction bonded silicon carbide,” in Dimensional Stability, vol. 1335 of Proceedings of SPIE, pp. 60–68, July 1990.
- C. Hung Wu, C. A. Zorman, and M. Mehregany, “Growth of polycrystalline SiC films on SiO2 and Si3N4 by APCVD,” Thin Solid Films, vol. 355-356, pp. 179–183, 1999.
- R. J. Liu, C. R. Zhang, X. G. Zhou, and Y. B. Cao, “SiC coatings for mirrors prepared by low pressure chemical vapor deposition,” Journal of Materials Science Letters, vol. 22, no. 11, pp. 841–843, 2003.
- J. H. Zhang, Y. M. Zhang, J. C. Han, X. D. He, and W. Yao, “Design, fabrication and testing of space-borne SiC mirror,” Optics and Precision Engineering, vol. 14, no. 2, pp. 179–184, 2006.
- S. Johnson, “SiC coating on RB SiC mirror for ultra-smooth surface,” vol. 2018 of Proceedings of SPIE, pp. 237–247, 1993.
- T. T. Wang, J. S. Gao, X. Y. Wang et al., “Preliminary study of reaction bonded silicon carbide surface modification,” Optics and Precision Engineering, vol. 16, no. 9, pp. 1603–1607, 2008.
- J. S. Gao, T. T. Wang, Q. Song et al., “Preparation of silicon carbide surface-modified coatings with end hall ion source assisted,” Infrared and Laser Engineering, vol. 37, no. 4, pp. 710–713, 2008.
- G. Monaco, M. Gastaldi, and P. Nicolosi, “Silicon carbide thin films for EUV and soft X-ray applications,” European Physical Journal, vol. 169, pp. 159–165, 2009.
- H. Tang, S. Tan, Z. Huang, S. Dong, and D. Jiang, “Surface morphology of α-SIC coatings deposited by RF magnetron sputtering,” Surface and Coatings Technology, vol. 197, no. 2-3, pp. 161–167, 2005.
- J. B. Kortright and D. L. Windt, “Amorphous silicon carbide coatings for extreme ultraviolet optics,” Applied Optical, vol. 27, no. 14, pp. 2841–2846, 1988.
- I. Hanyecz, J. Budai, E. Szilágyi, and Z. Tóth, “Characterization of pulsed laser deposited hydrogenated amorphous silicon films by spectroscopic ellipsometry,” Thin Solid Films, vol. 519, no. 9, pp. 2855–2858, 2011.
- M. Vendan, P. Molian, A. Bastawros, and J. Anderegg, “Ultra-short pulsed laser deposition and patterning of SiC thin films for MEMS fabrication,” Materials Science in Semiconductor Processing, vol. 8, no. 6, pp. 630–645, 2005.
- Y. F. Zhou, Y. M. Zhang, and J. C. Han, “Preparation of silicon coating,” Materials Review, vol. 19, pp. 84–86, 2005.
- S. G. Choi, S. J. Wang, H. H. Park et al., “Properties of amorphous silicon thin films synthesized by reactive particle beam assisted chemical vapor deposition,” Thin Solid Films, vol. 518, no. 24, pp. 7372–7376, 2010.
- X. J. Zhao, “Investigation of silicon carbide mirror’s reflective performance and film design,” Harbin Harbin Institute of Technology, 2007.
- P. H. Fang, P. Bai, J. H. Kinnier, Z. Huan, and C. C. Schubert, “Temperature dependent formation of microcrystal and amorphous silicon by vacuum evaporation,” Journal of Non-Crystalline Solids, vol. 59-60, no. 2, pp. 819–821, 1983.
- M. Aoucher, G. Farhi, and T. Mohammed-Brahim, “Crystallization of hydrogenated amorphous silicon deposited at high rate by dc magnetron sputtering,” Journal of Non-Crystalline Solids, vol. 227–230, no. 2, pp. 958–961, 1998.
- Z. F. Shen, J. S. Gao, H. Chen, X. Y. Wang, T. T. Wang, and X. M. Zheng, “Performance and reliability evaluation for the surface modification of space used silicon carbide mirror,” Acta Photonica Sinica, vol. 38, no. 9, pp. 2353–2358, 2009.
- J. Harhausen, I. Meyenburg, A. Ohl, and R. Foest, “Characterization of the plasma plume of a PIAD plasma source by means of optical emission spectroscopy,” Surface and Coatings Technology, vol. 205, no. 2, pp. S407–S410, 2011.
- S. H. Woo and C. K. Hwangbo, “Influence of plasma ion-beam assistance on TiO2 and MgF2 thin films deposited by plasma ion-assisted deposition,” Surface and Coatings Technology, vol. 201, no. 19-20, pp. 8250–8257, 2007.
- M. I. Anapol, L. R. Gardner, T. W. Tucker, and R. J. Koczor, “Lightweight 0.5-m silicon carbide telescope for a geostationary earth observatory mission,” in Silicon Carbide Materials for Optics and Precision Structures, Proceedings of SPIE, pp. 164–172, July 1995.